It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20: Jamie Oliver cooks up British lamb and asparagus for world leaders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

G20: Jamie Oliver cooks up British lamb and asparagus for world leaders

www.teleg raph.co.uk

The Daily Telegraph can reveal that the meal's show piece will be lamb from a Welsh hill farm in Snowdonia, served with simple flat bread and the strong-flavoured English herb – wild garlic, which grows in shaded woodlands around the country and can be either cooked or eaten in salads.

The starter is understood to be English asparagus, possibly from the Scilly Isles or Cornwall.

Simple, seasonal and decidedly British, the menu is in sharp contrast to last July's G8 meeting in Japan, where leaders had an eight-course meal featuring 18 dishes while they were meant to be discussing how to ease global food shortages. This feast, attended by Gordon Brown and his wife Sarah, included caviar, smoked salmon, Kyoto beef and a "G8 fantasy dessert".
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Let's hope Sarkozy doesn't end up walking out over a too simple dinner for French standards, rather than for political reasons!!!

Bon appetit to Berlusconi also! Let's not forget the complaints he gets from Italians for exaggerating the spices in his dishes!

The G20 will much more prefer my pork stew tonight stewed with potatoes, onions, carrots, a can of beer, fresh rosemary, lemon thyme, diced tomatoes and the juice - not to forget some vegetable stock. Sounds more fun than Lamb & Asparagus!

www.teleg raph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
They should be eating their own guts, that's all they deserve. And it's not lamb, I can assure you, it's maggots, they are rotting from the inside.

That'll make you a good dinner!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I hope it makes them feel sick. Infact, I hope Arsene Wenger is the Chef and he gives them all ecoli.

Cos he's the slag that poisoned the Spurs players at the end of last season.

Bitter? me?

yes.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
jamie oliver haha SPLITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they should serve them the same gruel they serve in aid camps, fat #ers

top topics

join