It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing secret.. WOAH!! If you dont like it, dont agree with me or want proof, im leaving this site

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I created a thread back in january that I was hoping could be used for ridiculous threads that were commonly known as pre-posts. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mysteriously after posting the original thread the instances of this pre-post phenomena declined but the actual cases of people making good quality threads that have evidence or some form of explanation as to how the OP came to a conclusion increased. I think that could be called a slight victory for everyone who contributed especially

It seems we have a new phenomena occuring whereby the OP will state that there is some mystical word such as "Manifestocontificatingpromptoplasmicpodger" that they have mysteriously found while raking in the dustbin of their brain or maybe there neighbours bin, I cannot be sure of this but hey, just take my word for it.

Anyways after posting this many members rightfully ask for proof, an explanation of how they did it or how they came to the conclusion that this works. It will turn out that the OP has not in fact carried out his actual experiment for what of a word to call it or they will tell that you are close minded etc

A strange thing then occurs when the thread reaches above a minimum of approximately 20 replies. The OP will then say, "I am leaving this site for good"

A few days later a simlar event happens that as far as I am aware is not a result of another phenomena known as "deja vu" but more a result of the phenomena that I will now call "Brain Dustbin Spring Cleaning Poop Speaking".

I have posted this as I would like to see any of the occurances of this phenomena being highlighted in a thread that is now created in applause at the worlds most imaginative, creative and downright poop typing human beings on the net.

I am hoping that this might have the same effect as the other thread I created in that it i will lower the cases of this occurance and encourage members to at least give an indication of where this is coming from. It might also encourage people to stop posting, post, posts on the same topic.

So heres to you! "Dustbin Brain Spring cleaning poop speaker". You know who you are

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I look forward to some entertaining replies maybe even a list of threads that will make others spit there coffee over there monitors in surprise?

I mean, anyone who knows this site is aware that sometimes you might be criticised but there is no need to run away bawling your eyes out. You know

If you dont agree, I am leaving this site.

Cheers

[edit on 31-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Oh, now I've got a story that I've been looking for a place to post.

A couple of days ago my housemate came out of the bathroom after a shower and a shave with blood trickling down from the top of his head. Right side, just in front of the hairline.

I pointed it out and he went to clean up but when he came back there was an identical wound on his left side.

Imagine the fun I had suggesting he was sprouting horns

But now I wonder, was it really something sinister?

Can anyone suggest how I should persuade him to let me look for signs of a tail?

Or does anyone know how long horns take to grow?

I'll keep watching him and maybe in a couple of weeks I'll come back and let you know if he has indeed turned into a demon.

And does anyone know the magic word that could bind him or make him grant me wishes?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
I created a thread back in january that I was hoping could be used for ridiculous threads that were commonly known as pre-posts. www.abovetopsecret.com...

In response to the link, the author Razimus actually did a really good job in actually making a case for his claims. If your would be fair you would link this and point it out. As you don't, I will. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mysteriously after posting the original thread the instances of this pre-post phenomena declined but the actual cases of people making good quality threads that have evidence or some form of explanation as to how the OP came to a conclusion increased. I think that could be called a slight victory for everyone who contributed especially
The poster of the thread with the "pre-post" that inspired your thread link in the OP actually post a quality thread after his pre-post that does just that. The fact that this poster actually came up with something much more significant, and substantial than just a "word" or "claim" renders your thread on Razimus original post obsolete, imho. I feel that this need to be addressed as you use a link your own thread attacking this poster in your OP on this thread.
I am in no way endorsing Razimus, but feel that he actually "made good" on his claims with a well thought out, well constructed video explanation. Last time I checked his "pre-post " was not a T&C violation.

I don't really see the point of your thread.
Posting replies on the actual threads that fit in to this ilk should be enough, creating a whole new thread, what does it add, really. I think this belongs in Rants in BTS personally but considering your links don't support your arguement probably renders it in Skunk works as we see alot of that poor behaviour.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro

In response to the link, the author Razimus actually did a really good job in actually making a case for his claims. If your would be fair you would link this and point it out. As you don't, I will. www.abovetopsecret.com...

The poster of the thread with the "pre-post" that inspired your thread link in the OP actually post a quality thread after his pre-post that does just that. The fact that this poster actually came up with something much more significant, and substantial than just a "word" or "claim" renders your thread on Razimus original post obsolete, imho. I feel that this need to be addressed as you use a link your own thread attacking this poster in your OP on this thread.
I am in no way endorsing Razimus, but feel that he actually "made good" on his claims with a well thought out, well constructed video explanation. Last time I checked his "pre-post " was not a T&C violation.

I don't really see the point of your thread.
Posting replies on the actual threads that fit in to this ilk should be enough, creating a whole new thread, what does it add, really. I think this belongs in Rants in BTS personally but considering your links don't support your arguement probably renders it in Skunk works as we see alot of that poor behaviour.

Read the last reply that is from myself in that thread. I also acknowledged that in his own threads he created. Kudos to him for that but the original topic he created was a pre post. I used that thread as an example if you read the whole thing you will see that.
Shame it is not the case with many more though.

Well the point is that some replies are being removed for being off topic with regards to this topic.

You say theres no point in creating another thread. Why are others being allowed to create threads about their threads??

I have added some links to the my OP to show the relevance.

Lastly if I was talking about T&C violations that would have been my title. I am highlighting something that is annoying, nothing more and nothing less.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I like your posts and like this thread.
Heres a few I have noticed.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Ah yes, this guy is hilarious

My favorite quote of his is

I presented probably one of the BEST threads here in a while

Hows that for arrogance

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

"Manifestocontificatingpromptoplasmicpodger"

It's not working for me. Do I need to do it in a Scottish accent?

[edit on 13f20092amTue, 31 Mar 2009 08:38:16 -050016 by HiAliens]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The Antarctica Deception

A very appropriately named thread , IMHO.

An intro , a twist , no answered questions ...... shaken but not stirred .

...... to be continued . !

With the amount of Biologists /Geologists/ Engineers etc etc etc as members on ATS .....
.... Its only a matter of time before the fantasists bluff is called .

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens

Just dont do what I did with the MARA thing. You'll end up ripping the ass off your jeans.

Well this particular fantastical word manifesto-contificating-promto-plasmic-podger, works best when said like this (closest example I can give)

Be careful though, it can unleash a demon, I know because I have not done this. I found the word written on my forehead one morning after a night out...WEIRD

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Ah yes, this guy is hilarious

My favorite quote of his is

I presented probably one of the BEST threads here in a while

Hows that for arrogance

Sounds like a particular beer.

Maybe some rest from TV would do good?

Carlsberg dont do threads but if they did, they would probably be the best threads in the world.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by berenike
Oh, now I've got a story that I've been looking for a place to post.

A couple of days ago my housemate came out of the bathroom after a shower and a shave with blood trickling down from the top of his head. Right side, just in front of the hairline.

I pointed it out and he went to clean up but when he came back there was an identical wound on his left side.

Imagine the fun I had suggesting he was sprouting horns

But now I wonder, was it really something sinister?

Can anyone suggest how I should persuade him to let me look for signs of a tail?

Or does anyone know how long horns take to grow?

I'll keep watching him and maybe in a couple of weeks I'll come back and let you know if he has indeed turned into a demon.

And does anyone know the magic word that could bind him or make him grant me wishes?

Try either of the following. They must be said in high pitch.

Gillette

or

Wilkinson sword

How did he cut his head, shaving? Did he not say?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It's discouraging to me to see more and more of this sort of noise on these boards. One of the things that sets ATS apart is the critical eye of the community here, no matter what the 'QQ, OMG, you guys are being mean because you want proof" crowd has to say.

I will NEVER believe that a high noise ratio will make this place more valuable to me. If I want to be entertained in highly speculative half fictions by delusional nutcases that give all of us bad names and continue to keep the mainstream from taking anything remotely outside of the box seriously, well I can certainly think of a half dozen other websites that encourage that sort of thing.

So go take your "I'm from the future, ask me anything" threads someplace else.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

And the best time and place would be sneaking up behind him when he was shaving?

You know I considered putting this in BTS chat or Skunkworks tomorrow (April Fool's Day).

The story's true and up until I speculate on whether or not he's turning into a demon it's just a laugh at my h/m's expense.

Without the little smiley faces it's no worse than some of the stories you are highlighting.

BTW - I had such a laugh at your Mara chant I forgot to star you.

No - he didn't say how he cut himself. He said he didn't know how it happened. That's what made it so funny.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by berenike]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

I like your posts and like this thread.
Heres a few I have noticed.

I dont know where people get things like this from.

Surely they must know that people are not going to take their word for things like this especially with members a few days old.

Its like a deliberate p*ss take.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens

Just dont do what I did with the MARA thing. You'll end up ripping the ass off your jeans.

Well this particular fantastical word manifesto-contificating-promto-plasmic-podger, works best when said like this (closest example I can give)

Be careful though, it can unleash a demon, I know because I have not done this. I found the word written on my forehead one morning after a night out...WEIRD

EW, I love this video,the testosterone level is palpable.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
While I can appreciate where you are coming from, my thought is that with any post, you can't please all the people all the time.

If you choose to leave, that is up to you, or whomever posts such a remark.

You have too much to say, from what I have seen of your threads, and posts. Why are you so concerned about other people?

Surely, your enlightened outlook on things, has much to offer us.

This is fluff, and you can do much better than this!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
While I can appreciate where you are coming from, my thought is that with any post, you can't please all the people all the time.

You have too much to say, from what I have seen of your threads, and posts. Why are you so concerned about other people?

Surely, your enlightened outlook on things, has much to offer us.

This is fluff, and you can do much better than this!

I am only highlighting this as over the past few weeks I find that other topics are being buried beneath this sort of thing. Maybe its some sort of craze about mysterious words and potions etc. This site is not called Aladdins magic cave.

I understand it might be juvenile tit for tat but I think it is much easier to make a thread highlighting it rather than getting all your posts removed in the topic of concern when you make a point in the OP's thread.

If nobody else is going to point it out, I dont see why I shouldnt.

I mean have a look in the forums and you will see what I am meaning.

I mean ATS forums now that this has been declared a rant.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I see this thread as quality control.
He is just outing the attention seekers and story tellers.
How is that not a good thing??I hate having my time wasted so some kid can have a laugh at us atsers.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I see this thread as quality control.
He is just outing the attention seekers and story tellers.
How is that not a good thing??I hate having my time wasted so some kid can have a laugh at us atsers.

Talk about dung and it hits you in the face.

Yet another.

Whats going on.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=6072619#pid6072619

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

That might be taken the wrong way.

I put this in this thread because some of the thread authors in question are leaving this site when criticised.

It was meant sarcastically as are quite a few remarks in this thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join