It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French leader threatens G20 walkout and blame "Anglo-Saxons'' for causing the economic crisis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Make way for the one world currency. All based on a digital credit system. Well done for slogging your heart out for the regime heres some credits 'spend them wisely'

This is a complete joke. I just hope they aren't to late

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Pretty much on the money there (no pun intended). Sarko's pissed, the Europeans are pissed, since they're getting reamed economically by a disaster they mostly didn't buy into. It was the masters of the universe on Wall St. and in the City who tanked the world economy, and they went at it with incredible dedication for well over a generation.

Let's face it, Greenspan and Volker and that pack of Goldman Sachs alumni who waltz in and out of power in the FED and at Treasury are NOT stupid. They knew what they were doing, and they lined up a bunch of useful idiots in Congress and in the executive branch from Reagan on up to Obama to get everything they wanted and pull out all the stops and dismantle and forestall effective regulation on anything that would impede their greed. CDS, Glass-Steagall, the works.

They built up mega-bank conglomerates that are "too big to fail" and installed a financial oligarchy in Washington to the extent now that they run the country and are setting policy and indebting the sucker taxpayer for generations just to cover their own backsides and protect their mega-scam.

Well, now it's been done, but Sarko's demanding pretty much what the IMF would demand of any other country in the same situation--an intervention, and that the offending country throw the cronies/bums out and clean up its books.

Problem is, its the US this time, not Thailand or Argentina. The 800 lb. gorilla. Meanwhile, China is using the worldwide flight to safety to Treasuries to slip out of that market and is starting to buy up depressed commodities and real assets, not soon-to-be-worthless US treasury notes, thanks to the FED monetizing trillions in debt.

A hell of a storm is brewing, and the US is saying in effect, "Just shut up and spend like drunken sailors with us and we'll indebt our way to prosperity." So yeah, if I were Sarko, I'd be POed too. This is madness.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by gottago]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murky
That cracked me up, too. I'm a Cajun - descended from French and Alsatian setters in south Louisiana, near New Orleans, and my French Lit prof kept on jumping on me about my "Anglo-Saxon" accent (the class was held in French). I don't have a drop of English blood in me - my father's side of the fanily came to America from Bavaria just after the War Between the States, and my mother's side came down from Nova Scotia around 1750.
No Angles and no Saxons in my ancestry. But the dialect of French I grew up speaking was heavily influenced by German settlers who settled my home town before the Cajuns got there, so I guess Madame Professeur had a point.

Ah, France! The country that owes so much Germans that it takes its name from the people that ruled much of it for as long a period as the Anglo-Saxons did in what's now England.

And of course it's still very debatable as to whether there's any merit to the any 'population displacement theories' in Britain anyway. It's far more likely that most of the people in Britain and Ireland can be traced back Iberian chancers following the last proper Ice Age. So blame the bloody Spanish. Or better still, that African welfare sponger, Lucy! Seen how many bloody kids she's had. They come over here, stealing our hunter-gathering...

Anyway, aren't the Jews to blame for all this? Isn't that what a lot of conspiracy theorists have been saying for hundreds of years? 'It's the Jews controlling the banking system!!!!1' I never realised that Jews were actually Anglo-Saxons. Poor the Hitler. It must have come as a dreadful shock.

Again, I understand Sarkozy wanting to point a pre-emptive finger of blame, but he's done it pretty badly. Arguably a bit racist too. Imagine if a leading European politician had said 'it's because of the blacks' - even if it was true.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Pardon my French, but what on earth are you meandering on about?

The French often call the English and Americans the "anglo saxons." It's their shorthand, for better or worse, and just because you've never heard yourself referred to in this way before doesn't really offer you a free pass to go on whining about it and rambling on with racial stereotypes, and it certainly doesn't change that fact or add to the discussion.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
He is bound and determined to get his "one world govt" and currency.

I just keep hoping even though everything has been planned, that egos keep getting in the way.

They can all act a certain way and say things, but the ultimiate plan is the NWO.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
He should of just said anglo american, then we would of been clear. It is all bull, what a load of cull that anyone thinks this will solve anything.

The only way to solve the crisis, is for america to go totally bankrupt, we allknow that.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Hey dudes, did anyone note that this very phrase was pronounced out of any official statement, and that Sarkozy is by the way the world champion of private jokes in all flavours ?

Ah là là... Each time French are evoked on that slippy board it turns out to be a mere jealousy fest...

Anyway without the French Initiative this world would be Drown By Numbers sooner than any Anglo-saxon'd ever bet it. One more time, please you thank us.

[edit on 31/3/2009 by Netzar]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join