It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom Tower Name Changed to One World Trade Center

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Freedom Tower Name Changed to One World Trade Center

cryptogon.com

fThe owners of the skyscraper being built at Ground Zero ran into controversy on Friday with the decision to strip the building of its patriotic unofficial name “Freedom Tower.”

“No more freedom,” read the front page of the Daily News, declaring in an editorial that the site’s owner, the New York and New Jersey Port Authority, was “erasing history.”

“Freedom is out of fashion at Ground Zero,” rival tabloid the New York Post said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I find this a bit unsettling to say the least. Yeah, I know the word "freedom" is overused and kind of hokey, but the new name: "ONE WORLD TRADE CENTER" creeps me out. At the article one of the guys says that they are using that name because the original address of the tower was "1 World Trade Center" and they don't mean "ONE WORLD" as in a "New world order" or anything. Yeah, sure guys. Nice pun there.

Interesting also that the first commerica tenant is China’s Vantone Industrial Company. One world, ready or not...

cryptogon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

they axed freedom for one world?
This is the stuff conspiracies are made of.

I expect this to be a popular thread.

I think maybe the leaders of the most powerful nations have decided that we should be a one world state.....and so it will be...has to happen sooner or later....lets see how this plays out......

Just an odd name change to say the least....makes you kinda just wanna buy into all that NWO crap.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Yeah all that NWO crap was just voted the number one conspiracy on ATS.
I definitely think you have a good point with the "One World" Trade Center name. Why not just call it World Trade Center One like the last one (or two)? It's clear that "One World" is on purpose.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
It looks as if China is the largest tenant to sign up so far...

Perhaps they had some influence on the name changes?

new topics

top topics

join