It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans don't persue the truth to 9/11 because......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Laziness. Nothing more...

I know some of you will say that people just aren't informed and they're listening to what mainstream tells them. That might be true, but EVERYONE has a mind of their own. I'm sure they started thinking for themselves a few times trying to put the pieces together. Then after a couple month's they just left it alone and went back to what they've been doing their entire life since (it's all in the past now)

As long as they have power connected to their t.v. and shows such as American Idol and crap like Miley Cyrus and cheeseburgers from Mcdonalds for a buck, they wont question or pursue #. That's all they need to keep them satisfied. So meanwhile, while the government keeps them occupied with commercials like you need a bigger penis and what celebrities are up to like Brittney or Chris Brown and Rhianna, they're making final preparations on how to dispose of their body.

Just like a Farmers. They takes care of their cattle and let them live out a little of their lives in peace. Little do the cattle know, their going to the slaughter house real soon.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
To be even more specific ... i'd say most people are intellectually lazy simpletons. It's easier to just sit back and take things at face value... digesting every issue processed through the loudest available media filter... and it's this filtering of reality that keeps us all in line.

...and i think your farm metaphor is right on target. Since the end of WW2 we have had a great run at building wealth, now it's harvest time for our invisible masters... i.e. take everything of ours for pennies on the dollar.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Why do you assume people who do not believe that 9/11 was an inside job are blithering idiots who watch terrible tv shows? I for one do believe it was..but to make a blanket statement that anyone who doesn't is some sort of lesser in the knowledge department seems a tad presumptuous to me.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
well this Non-Simpleton has been working on the New American Constitution... The New And Improved "Constitution For The American People. on that takes into account for advances in technology. and its use.
I'm replacing the 16th Ammendment (which never passed the states) with the New 16th Ammendment... the people reaching a signature base of 10% of the population can Polygraph any person accepting public funds.
If fraud - waste or abuse as well as Washington DC must comply with all state laws aka the Governed. Congress as well as all officers with be on Welfare. use public medical facilities, and must retire in a 401K or IRA. no more pay to play - speaking engagements as payola. etc... etc...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by doorbell412

Agreed. People dont take the time to research. And actually listen beyond the grain of salt they have in their ears. While skepticism is healthy. Over skepticism, as many anti truthers have is suicidal. Because 9-11 is the key to all of these stupid events, brought to you by the lamest people on earth. You know who you are.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Why do you assume people who do not believe that 9/11 was an inside job are blithering idiots who watch terrible tv shows? I for one do believe it was..but to make a blanket statement that anyone who doesn't is some sort of lesser in the knowledge department seems a tad presumptuous to me.

It's not that, it's the ones that refuse to listen to anything or anyone claiming it was an inside job, and if they do happen to listen, they will deny it and label you as a paranoid whack job.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I don't think that its laziness as much as it is people simply don't care. As cold as that sounds, I believe the concept of community has been killed by individualism. Bridge falls in MN and people in CA don't care, man is held down and killed at gunpoint by police in CA and people in TX don't care. Even if a person a few blocks down from where you live gets raped someone who lives even closer will undoubtedly not give a #.

But while many people only care for themselves, they will associate and cluster others thoughts and ideas into groups. When you see videos on how satan's face is in the plume of smoke during collapse, how the simpsons foretell 9-11, videos pausing bomb countdowns at 9:11, its real easy to see how some disregard any if not all alternative theories of what happened in NYC on 9/11.

I myself do not believe the offical story, but I am bias as I do not believe in our government nor do I think it is capable of doing good.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
real life death threats???

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
i don't think this belongs in the 9-11 conspiracy forums.

I think this is a more of. "Why do people not care?" General conspiracy.

In the OP case, he is wondering why people do not care about 9-11 conspiracies...

The fact is, people DON'T CARE. Sorry, but its sick, sad, and true.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Okay, if you honestly believe everything you're being told is a lie, then how can you tell what is the truth? It seems to me you're deciding what is true and what is not exclusively by whether it conforms to your own personal political agenda.

All I know is that "the truth" won't be found with the hordes of people out on the Internet promising you can find "the truth behind 9/11" by buying their books, DVDs, seminars, T-shirts, baseball caps, etc. If there was even an iota of truth that it was a conspiracy, they'd be screaming it off the top of their head, to anyone who'd Listen, and not trying to make a buck off it.

Did Paul Revere ride around yelling "the redcoats are coming" or did he ride around yelling "something bad is coming and I'll tell you what it is for $19.95"?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think another big factor (besides lethargy and stupidity) in the phenomenon is that people are complicit.

There are lots of reasons for Americans of all sorts to be onside with 9/11 and it's aftermath. If you work for one of the big companies like Haliburton or Kellogg Brown and Root, or if you are in the military to be all that you can be, or if you think that America sometimes has to pull an international "hold up" to survive and stay on top, then you might not be as interested in seeing Bush, Cheney and the others dragged into court on murder charges.

9/11 is just the latest in a long series of injustices that the American public have let slide. Maybe it's becoming a habit.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

The fact is they are screaming their heads off as we speak, not everyone is out to make money on the government conspiracy theory. To say there is no conspiracy theory about 911 is ignorant in its self. Moreover, it shows you have never done any research on the subject on the internet. I do not know what kind of sites you go to, but there are hundreds of sites that offer scientific proof, and very well research materials, and Gov documents that have been released under the freedom of information that 911 was an inside job without promoting or selling of books, or a DVD.

For those who depend on TV for their information, they will be kept in the dark.
That is why it is called the idiot box, TV News is a sham, a controlled media that has control of the information that you will never hear. Here is a fact for you some of the criminals that run parts of our government, hate our internet and would like nothing better than to shut it down Why? Because there is no controlling of the information out there. (I love it!) Here are a few articles below that explains how the media uses “propaganda” to the American people.

McClellan Tell-All Exposes Media's Propaganda Problem‏

The country is buzzing today over a tell-all book by former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan. In his explosive memoir, McClellan reveals that the Bush administration ran a "political propaganda campaign" to mislead the American public on the war in Iraq.

think.mtv.com...

Make Mainstream Media Answer for Spreading Propaganda
In his explosive new memoir, former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan reveals that the mainstream media played a prominent role in "enabling" pro-war propaganda: The mainstream media didn't live up to its watchdog reputation, McClellan writes. "If it had, the country would have been better served."

secure.freepress.net...

The Right to Know:
Propaganda and the Media

gadfly.igc.org...

I have to say half, of this country is still asleep and brain washed from watching to much garbage on the 6 o’clock News like, Bill OReily, or Glen Beck.
Then there are those that are too freaking lazy to go on the internet and do some real research, and they love to parrot the corporate media lies, because they do not know any better.
With today’s internet and the abundances of information that is available, I do know that “ignorance” is a choice, because people do not have to rely on TV anymore, and my advise is to only watch your TV for entertainment purposes, and nothing more, because that is all it is. I also, believe there is a large part of our population that just dose not care. They are the one’s that got caught up in the me, me world of material possessions when the economy was doing good. Then there are those that cannot fathom the idea that our government could do any wrong, the mare thought of our government participating and covering-up 911 is just too unbelievable, and to unbearable to deal with, so it is better for them to stick their heads in a sand box, and turn off the real world. There is so much anger, and rage around the 911 subject, and rightly, so, it is a sensitive subject to many people. Even the 911 threads have to be monitor constantly by the Mods because; it can bring the worst out of some people. While some of us are trying to have an adult discussion about 911, there are those that come in these 911 threads to play kiddies games, and play on our emotions especially the one’s that take 911 more seriously.

It’s a freaking game of I am right, and you are wrong, and I get the last words, and my opinions are facts, and your info is always wrong and I am an authority of 911 and you are not and I don’t care what facts and scientific proof you show me, I am going to ignore everything you give me, end of story. These trolls love the 911 threads because it is an emotional subject to most 911 posters. We feel bad enough that our government let us down, but we feel betrayed, and helpless when we have discovered the truth about 911.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
Did Paul Revere ride around yelling "the redcoats are coming" or did he ride around yelling "something bad is coming and I'll tell you what it is for $19.95"?

I find it funny that you use this to enhance your point. Israel Bissell should have been the one to make the history books but due to Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Revere became the household name and little is taught of Bissell.

I fully understand your point however and I do agree with you. If people 100% truly believe that the US government was behind what happened on 9/11, then why the tee shirts... Many of these folks are somewhat versed in the constitution and should realize that its time to man up collectively and make sedition and the thoughts of government overthrow more than just a sick joke.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

The fact is they are screaming their heads off as we speak, not everyone is out to make money on the government conspiracy theory. To say there is no conspiracy theory about 911 is ignorant in its self. Moreover, it shows you have never done any research on the subject on the internet.

I didn't say there is no conspiracy theory about 9/11. On the contrary, there are *many* conspiracy theories about 9/11. One bunch claims it was controlled demolitions, another bunch claims it was laser beams from outer space, and some even claim there were nukes in the basement. Some claim there weren't even any planes that hit the buildings at all. I've even encountered one woman who insisted that 9/11 was staged by a secret cult of satan worshippers planted throughout all of society, and another guy who claimed the CIA brainwashed the terrorists into staging their suicide attack.

I do not have to tell you that this carnival atmosphere is detracting from the credibility of the truther movement, do I?

I do not know what kind of sites you go to, but there are hundreds of sites that offer scientific proof, and very well research materials, and Gov documents that have been released under the freedom of information that 911 was an inside job without promoting or selling of books, or a DVD.

I invite you to post a link to one of these "documents released under the freedom of information act that shows it was an inside job". I've looked at many, many, MANY conspiracy websites, and from what I've seen, the 9/11 conspiracy movement is based entirely upon innuendo, quotations taken out of context, rhetorical questions, and outright fabrications, and I will happily supply you with all the examples of this that you'd like.

It isn't the case that the truthers are stupid, far from it. You yourself strike me an an intelligent, articulate person. I do however believe that you've been taken in by a lot of internet rubbish, and these con artists selling t-shirts, baseball caps, decals etc aren't exactly disproving it, so if you have something concrete, then I'd certainly like to see it.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I do however believe that you've been taken in by a lot of internet rubbish, and these con artists selling t-shirts, baseball caps, decals etc aren't exactly disproving it, so if you have something concrete, then I'd certainly like to see it.

I see, so, you are saying that most of the truthers who disagree with the government reports concerning the 911cover –up that uh, we lack the common sense, and intelligent, and a poor ability in researching factual scientific findings, that these people must have a second grade reading level, and an IQ below 70.

To make such a statement in the above that you quoted, shows how desperate you are in to believing the OS. It really amasses me, that you “believe” educated people cannot tell the different from a web site spinning lies, and making money, and yellow journalisms, to reading creditable, well research scientific documents that have proved the government lied to the American people about 911.

I bet you believe in the NIST, and the FEMA reports too.
How many years do you have in researching 911?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I have found intellectual honesty to be a rare trait these days because people are effected by emotional denial.

It's a psychological defense mechanism.

That and most people are apathetic, they only really care about what going on in their own little bubble world, not the plight of humanity around them.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

I see, so, you are saying that most of the truthers who disagree with the government reports concerning the 911cover –up that uh, we lack the common sense, and intelligent, and a poor ability in researching factual scientific findings, that these people must have a second grade reading level, and an IQ below 70.

Please, go back to my original post and point out to me where I ever said "truthers have a second grade reading level and an IQ below 70". I never said any such thing as I do not subscribe to the claim.

What I DID say is that...

...there are people claiming the towers were destroyed by controlled demolitions, and the fact that there are people claiming the towers were destroyed by controlled demolitionsis undeniable.

...there are people claiming the towers were destroyed by laser beams from outer space, and the fact that there are people claiming the towers were destroyed by laser beams from outer space is also undeniable.

...there are people who deny there ever were even any planes that hit the towers, and the fact that there are people who deny there ever were even any planes that hit the towers is undeniable.

...a lot of "investigate 9/11" web sites are selling t-shirts, baseball caps, decals, etc to make a quick buck off the 9/11 debacle, and the fact that there are a lot of "investigate 9/11" web sites are selling t-shirts, baseball caps, decals, etc to make a quick buck off the 9/11 debacle is undeniable.

Which means that the carnival atmosphere among the truthers is indeed detracting from the credibility of the truther movement, and the fact that the carnival atmosphere among the truthers is indeed detracting from the credibility of the truther movement is likewise undeniable. All this "second grade reading level" bit of yours is entirely non sequitor.

To make such a statement in the above that you quoted, shows how desperate you are in to believing the OS. It really amasses me, that you “believe” educated people cannot tell the different from a web site spinning lies, and making money, and yellow journalisms, to reading creditable, well research scientific documents that have proved the government lied to the American people about 911.

Ah, you mean like how educated people couldn't tell the difference between Bernie Madhoff's funds and a ponzi scheme?

Education has nothing to do with it. It's entirely dependent on how slick the sales pitch is, and the slick sales pitch from these 9/11 websites to get you to believe what they want you to believe would make Josef Goebbels proud. I will happily show as much evidence of this as you'd like to you too, if you wish.

top topics

join