It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea has nuclear warheads - International Crisis Group analyst Daniel Pinkston

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

North Korea has nuclear warheads - International Crisis Group analyst Daniel Pinkston

www.theaustralian.news.com.au

INTELLIGENCE agencies have obtained information that North Korea has assembled several nuclear warheads for its medium-range Rodong missiles capable of targeting Japan, an analyst says.

Daniel Pinkston, senior analyst with the Brussels-based International Crisis Group, said he had received the information from agencies he declined to identify.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This might bode very badly for North Korea. With all the excitement their imminent launch ahs cause it elevates it a level if they do indeed have nukes.

I can't see Japan and the US standing by while Kim flaunts his arsenal in their faces.

He said the agencies believe that probably five to eight warheads have been assembled.

Mr Pinkston said the agencies did not reveal the source of their information to him.

"It might be right, it might be wrong - but if others believe it is true, it has implications for the psychological aspects of deterrence," he said, describing the assessment as "quite significant".

Well lets hope they are wrong, I daresay they won't have them for much longer if true.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
This is troubling to say the least. But vague and perhaps there is no evidence and he's merely grandstanding.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
He can't do crap. Everything he does is for show. If he launched anything on any country, he would be annihilated almost immediately. There is absolutely no threat from North Korea.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
so now would we have the capabilities to shoot them down?

all this fear mongering crap is just pure bollocks

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curious_Agnostic
He can't do crap. Everything he does is for show. If he launched anything on any country, he would be annihilated almost immediately. There is absolutely no threat from North Korea.

I agree he does a lot for show. Lots of sabre rattling and booger flicking. However, no one in that region is going to chance that SOB having a first strike policy. So yes, much attention is going to NK, threat or not.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by solarstorm]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

Immediately... like in ``after killing millions of South Koreans and Japaneses... Not a great scenario.

And you can be sure that after that, Japan would militarize like hell and China would be angry... leading to even more hell.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

...he had received the information from agencies he declined to identify.

Hm, this intrigues me.

2nd line

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
More information:

NKorean regular, reserve forces on combat alert

Why would they put RESERVES on alert? They are either paranoid or they plan something or it's for propaganda for their people.

They'll probably go to war or stage some type of skirmish if the missile is taken down. Probably just skirmish, just for propaganda purpose at home. If there's sanctions on NK after the launch, they'll probably say that ``the west is pushing us to war`` or something BS like that.

NK has a 1.2 million armed forces + 7.7 million (insane!) reserve forces... So the country is nearly at war status. 30% of their population is on high alert.

Seriously, I love SK so much, I think I would cry if it went to full war because Seoul is just beautiful and millions of people would die in minutes. If they start attacking Seoul, Nuke the NK capital.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
its been in the NWO's agenda to star WWIII, i'm not saying this will start it i'm just saying..this is a type of reason that they would use a perfect setup.. as the good folks say Never let a crisis go to waste

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
its been in the NWO's agenda to star WWIII, i'm not saying this will start it i'm just saying..this is a type of reason that they would use a perfect setup.. as the good folks say Never let a crisis go to waste

This combined with the information that Osama is in Pakistan planning attacks reeks of potential war propaganda.

I completely agree, so may countries are involved with these "scary" reports, you have to wonder if it is a set up for a third world war.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

I'm sorry but what makes you say that?

Have you or anyone seen a war between countries with nuclear warheads in their possession?

It is neither in the interest of North Korea or the US to use nukes, US has already said they do not want to respond to NK threats in the form of war.

According to Worldtribune, Japan and the US do not have the capacity to intercept the missiles, so why mobilize the ships?

NK want to show of their pride, especially to South Korea, to show that a united Korea would have a much greater power.

While a breach of the geneva agreement would place sanctions on NK, they will continue to throw threats and display their military power in an effort to blackmail more money into their impoverished country.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I'm finding this all pretty hilarious, considering that N. Korea has claimed that it has had nuclear weapons for years now. All of a sudden it's an issue though? I would be surprised if they didn't have nuclear weapons, considering their major ally and neighbor China has got the goods. I'm thinking that this is either buildup to a possible war or just more info. to keep the public at large frightened and needing Big Bro. to keep them safe.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

According to Worldtribune, Japan and the US do not have the capacity to intercept the missiles, so why mobilize the ships?

Well according to naval officers in the region, they are ready. Here

NK want to show of their pride, especially to South Korea, to show that a united Korea would have a much greater power.

The problem with that is that they want a United Korea under communist rule. Like that will ever happen without a fight.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Seoul - North Korea will view any interception by Japan of its satellite launch as an aggressive act and respond with its "most powerful military means", the communist state's news agency said on Tuesday. If Japan dares to shoot down the satellite, the Korean Central News Agency said, "our military will consider it as gunfire from the war criminal Japan that signals a re-invasion 60 years after World War II". The North Korean military will "mercilessly crush all interceptors... with our most powerful military means", it added.

src: www.news24.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

I totally agree. PSYOPS!

Of course they are going to run this up the flag pole. That way when they shoot it down, they'll seem justified.

Remember, "Iraq has WMDs!!!! OMG!!!"

The degree to which people ingest what the MSM feeds them - without choking - amazes me.

top topics

join