It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Failure of Conservatives

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

That's a bill that's been proposed, it hasn't been passed, in fact it will probably never get out of committee.

There has been an ATS thread on it.

From Jose Serrano's wikipedia entry, he's submitted this bill repeatedly since 1997.

In each of 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, and 2009, Serrano introduced a joint resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the 22nd Amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as president. Each resolution, with the exception of the current one, died without ever getting past the committee.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

`Article-- `The twenty-second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.'.

thomas.loc.gov

Latest Major Action: 2/9/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties.

Each resolution, with the exception of the current one, died without ever getting past the committee.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
That's just the way the bill is written, it's a short bill.

If it passes, then 'The twenty-second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.'

The bill's still sitting in committee, but just hasn't died yet.

Just watch, it will go nowhere, it's not that easy to overturn a Constitutional Amendment.

Which is a good thing, it shouldn't be!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

I am no expert for sure. That is very misleading to me. To me it says REPEALED. But maybe I stand corrected? Know to happen.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
deleted

[edit on 3-4-2009 by David9176]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join