It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Failure of Conservatives

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I've really started to notice something....and it doesn't necessarily pertain to people on ATS...but conservatives in general.

Lately i've been roaming the 912project website...looking at ideas for what people want changed..and some of them are very good ideas...such as term limits, etc.

I've made a few posts there with my ideas many of which are anti war. Of the few posts i have made, i have received very negative feedback.

I've even had a few call me a Liberal if you can believe that!

The main problem that I see with them is that they refuse to believe that our government is the cause of 9/11 and the attack was brought upon us by the governments actions. Arming Bin Laden, Hussein, etc., for our country's interests...but then turning them into our enemies.

They won't see that it's our government and the Sean Hannity's of the world that are misleading them.

I've always come to the understanding that a Conservative respects another country's sovereignty and stays out of foreign affairs unless absolutely necessary.

I've always believed that a Conservative always stands for freedom of religion...yet I see so many pushing Christianity on others.

The Constitution calls for freedom of the individual...and as little government as possible...and they say they stand for it...but so many don't follow through.

All of the anger put towards Obama...yet they won't criticize the war and the deficit spending that goes along with it.

Does anyone else think this way?

I've tried to get others on that website to reason with me but they refuse to..instead telling me i'm sticking my head in the sand.

I consider myself a conservative...but if this is the group i'm pooling myself with...then I don't want to be one.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Don't worry man, those people aren't conservatives. Though it may be easier to just give it up and call ourselves Libertarians now; if they wish to change what they call us, let them. They cannot change what we believe.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Well i've come to the conclusion that most Republicans are Hannity clones...and i cannot stand Hannity.

I've tuned into his radio show few times...sometimes he has some good points...but he completely ignores his faults. He never speaks about the war now...funny eh? He must agree with what is happening.

If these are the type of people that are going to be filling up the tea parties i'm going to be very disappointed.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
David,
Seems you are suffering the "Ron Paul" Syndrome. You crazy fool!

What if conservatives suddenly became conservative.
What if?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
They are NEO Conservative, and it seems they are bringing the entire conservative movement down. The talk of rebellion, against our government because they don't like the idea that they are not the majority and lost the election fair and square. They lost because of there actions in the recent past. Its nuts they are talking about a constitutional crisis, I mean really where have they been the last 8 years.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Honestly, I haven't been able to watch or listen to any news commentators for nearly a year now. Even when they're just introducing speeches they end up saying something that shows me they don't deserve my viewership. I can watch CSpan... well listen if I keep it on in the background anyway.

I think my problem anyway, is the fact that I know they've all got their biases and if i watch or listen to one of them I only make more work for myself; trying to find the truth without the opinion.

reply to post by spacedoubt

awesome video.

I found myself headbanging.

[edit on 3/31/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Hey there mr. Partisan.

I'm a libertarian myself. I'm an independent and I think both parties are hypocrites.

Democrats love spending so I cannot support them and Republicans love war so I cannot support them. Plus, the Republicans want to live in the stone age. I like the Democrats view on social issues. I also like most of the Republicans view on economic issues. I'm a fiscal conservative. I found that out after I read the book Economics In One Lesson.

I wouldn't put all conservatives in one group. What about all the liberals who supported the communist regimes during the cold war because it suited their ideology? What about all the liberals who want universal healthcare because they think that we can keep spending more and more and continue from Bush and just divert funds elsewhere? What about how the liberals lie about regulation? What about how liberals lie about what people do for our country? What about how liberals think that our government is the main driving force of our country and how they think collectiveness is a good thing and people who are individualists like myself are selfish? What about the liberals who absolutely hate any people who has more than them regardless of what they have done or if they got their money legitimately? What about the liberals who want to disarm the population?

You see, there is a lot of failure on the liberal side too. I imagine liberals and conservatives in some kind of cage battling it out to take away all our freedoms.

If you're a liberal or a conservative you want to legislate freedoms or rights and you want to take certain rights or freedoms away.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

That's a great vid thanks for sharing.

Now if I could only force everyone in the country to watch it!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by eNumbra

Well i've come to the conclusion that most Republicans are Hannity clones...and i cannot stand Hannity.

I've tuned into his radio show few times...sometimes he has some good points...but he completely ignores his faults. He never speaks about the war now...funny eh? He must agree with what is happening.

If these are the type of people that are going to be filling up the tea parties i'm going to be very disappointed.

Too true. I'm in the process of making copies of some of the information on the Federal Reserve and am going to be handing it out at these events. I think that if some of these people understood the history of whats really going on they might be swayed into thinking properly. Yes some are just worried that they are not in control anymore, but there are also a lot that have been very irritated over these last six years at this illusion of a conservative we had in office. With this illusion in mind I find it might be possible to convince some that they're all just puppets.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by unfndqlt]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Its nuts they are talking about a constitutional crisis,

There is....the problem with them is they want to half ass it. You can't have partial liberty...it's all or nothing.

They don't see their own BS.

By the way I still can't believe I had a few call me a Liberal...cripes i've been called all kinds of things on ATS but never that!

If this is what I have to look forward to in 2012 then there isn't much to look forward too.

Republicans will come in and keep the spending the same...we'll still be at war...and who knows what are debt is going to be like or how inflated our money will be...or if we will even have our own currency by then.

Oh how I wish people would pull their heads out of their asses!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Republicans aren't idiots.

They're controlled by the new world order the same way Democrats are.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
There are people like what you are describing on both sides. You may be a conservative but to some you are to liberal. The same can be said about liberals. Some may not be liberal enough and will be called conservatives by other liberals.

You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I've noticed the same thing, I think it's because each party has its labels and Republican= War Monger (or at least thats what we're led to believe). If you support war measures your labeled as a Republican right away without thought of other ideals. I mean we were taught in school that Republicans were more popular with war...

It goes back to the old days of Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt whom were great military leaders, and if Republicans want to look back at some of their great party leaders thats the first two they'd say. Which is weird because technically they would be todays Democrats (economics wise). It's just one of those things your "supposed" to believe in if your a Republican. Early Democrats (todays Conservatives) didn't really have a whole lot of time in office up until FDR, which was about the time the two parties switched their economic ideas. So basically its all messed up and people are just typcasting.

I hope that makes sense, our two party system has gotten so messed up I cant really tell a difference anymore. If I lived a hundred years ago with my beliefs I would be a Democrat, but now I'm a Republican... weird. You know I think we should play it safe leaving Iraq & Afghanistan if we are to do so, but I definitely believe that sovereignty is the way our ancestors would have liked. We should not be getting into anymore wars.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
By the way I still can't believe I had a few call me a Liberal...cripes i've been called all kinds of things on ATS but never that!

Not to turn this into a contest or anything...

I had a friend, who is a professed liberal tell me that if I didn't like what I saw was happening to America, that I should move to Britain.

Chills ran down my spine, and needless to say after that statement, and the abusive way he deigned to speak to me for supporting Ron Paul, I no longer consider said person a "friend".

My point is that they're all idiots. They're all giving in to politics as usual, and none of them realize they're all the same

[edit on 3/31/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

You gave up a friendship because of politics?

If I did that I wouldn't have alot of friends and no family members. You can disagree on religion and politics and still be friends you know.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by eNumbra

You gave up a friendship because of politics?

If I did that I wouldn't have alot of friends and no family members. You can disagree on religion and politics and still be friends you know.

To be fair, the friendship was waning to begin with; we shared little in common that we had in High School. It was also, more in the tone he decided to take.

Ive never heard anything more insulting or offensive than being told to leave America for one's political views; it is counter to everything America essentially stands for.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Well thats usually the norm for HS friends.

Sounds like it would have happened even if that event hadn't have happened.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by eNumbra

Well thats usually the norm for HS friends.

Sounds like it would have happened even if that event hadn't have happened.

I have looked at it as little more than the straw that broke the camel's back. It was unfortunate but people come and go in this world, we were friends for a time, but as life has proven; there are always more friends to be had.

Back to the topic at hand however, how likely would it be for libertarians or "True" conservatives to get their own News/News Commentary network? If every party had their own network would we see a change in the way our system works? Or would the big guys still manage to press us into the margins?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I noticed you thought the no term limit thing was a good "idea". I don't know if you know this or not but the 22nd has already been repealed by our 111th Congress Jan.6.09 . Under radar as with everything else that effects us. keep on keepin on friend

Thomas.loc.gov

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I posted a new blog at campaign for liberty. I think you'll appreciate the sentiment of it.

www.campaignforliberty.com...

I'm tired of the whole left vs right argument. I wish we all could agree that we're being screwed and our best interests don't even begin to register into the minds of our leaders. It's all about their pockets and catering to special interests. The whole left/right paradigm is so we can keep fighting each other. It's doubtful we'll ever completly get away from that, but I can dream.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join