UFO formation photographed by Google Street View

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Google Unearthly - The Sun

Street View link

The nine silver spheres hover above a row of shops, including a Coral bookies, on the internet giant’s new Street View service. Sun reader Faye Sharpe, 18, discovered them while viewing her neighbourhood of Wolverley Street in Bethnal Green, East London. Faye said: “I was checking out the road to see if I could spot my mates. I thought it looked very strange and zoomed in."

Considering the source, we can assume it's not a hoax by the photographer, no?

Any thoughts as to what it may be?

*edit to add streetview link

[edit on 3/30/2009 by nasdack24k]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
They kind of look like a formation of jets.

or geese, ducks.

intresting!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I was reading the comments about it on fark.com, and someone posted this GSV image of people across the street looking up at the object(s) and one guy is taking a picture...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakezoola
They kind of look like a formation of jets.

or geese, ducks.

intresting!

I don't know about jets, but I live under a major geese/duck flyway.

Ducks fly in rows and Vs and geese fly in Vs. I've never seen any birds fly in a grid.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
wow there are several people looking up in the sky in awe.. great find!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
in that 360degree shot i count 24 people clearly looking up into the sky in the exact direction of the formation which rules out conventional aircraft or geese since we all know neither would create such a spectacle.. BTW geese do not fly in diamond shape.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by kronos11]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Zoom all the way down the street keeping the ballons to the right side of the frame. You can see someone holding what looks to be big round balloons. I bet someone let go of a bunch and everyone is watching them drift away.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I think this is just some military aircraft flying in formation, possibly from an air show or something. It would explain why people are looking up at them, and it would also explain this:

/czf872
(it's a link to street view, the url was too long)

This is taken from the same general area, and clearly shows some military aircraft flying in formation.

[edit on 3/31/2009 by crazypyro]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by crazypyro

Possibly but if you zoom in on the airplanes in your link, they have a clearly defined airplane shape. If you zoom in on my Street view link and zoom in on the formation, it has a clearly defined shape, but not like any known aircraft...

Daz3d-n-Confus3d:

I zoomed all the way down the street, and all I could see were people with grocery bags, nobody with balloons...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Google Map

Is this a balloon further on down the street. Actually looking at it again, its probably a bird.
[edit on 31-3-2009 by steamin]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I'm 100% convinced that this is the Red Arrows flying past. That formation is actually their signature formation which I've seen them using myself many times.

There are naturally a lot of people looking up to see them fly over.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Yup, thats the Red Arrows alright, in their diamond formation in fact:

Everyone looks up when they fly over head, especially since they are only about 500 feet up. In London there's usually something occuring that involves a fly-over every year. Probably the Queen's birthday or something.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I tend to agree with the thought that this is a military formation, and after zooming in and looking closer at them, I believe them to be a formation of helicopters. And that also would go hand in hand with why so many people in the 360 degree view would be looking at that direction. Some nine odd dual prop helicopters (look at the horseshoe shape of each) would make quite a noisy ruckus.

Still.. very interesting and I would not be surprised if someone eventually stumbles upon something significant in the UFO area with all these photographs being taken.

Johnny

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Well, this guy doesn't think it's the Red Arrows:

Nick Pope further said:

“It appears to show nine objects flying in near perfect formation. About the only thing I know that can do this is the Red Arrows - and it’s not them.” He used to investigate sightings for the Ministry of Defence.

“I’ve run through the list of possibilities that normally explain these things, but I can’t find an answer.” he added.

source

They look like spheres to me. They do exist, I've seen them a few times.

[edit on 31/3/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
first of all, go here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

then you'll find it's actually footage of 16 and not 9 tornado GR4's flying in formation as part of the Queen's birthday celebrations on June 14th 2008.

now, if you're still not convinced, please go here, then go hereto watch said aircraft flying and then have a cup of tea, or preferred beverage.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by afgang

These "UFO's" look nothing like any type of jet I have seen, they definitely look like spheres to me.

[edit on 31/3/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
wow what an imagination you have, no formation would fly in a grid and SO close together, on top of that they dont even look like planes???? Did you even look at the picture?!??

Originally posted by crazypyro
Unfortunately, I think this is just some military aircraft flying in formation, possibly from an air show or something. It would explain why people are looking up at them, and it would also explain this:

/czf872
(it's a link to street view, the url was too long)

This is taken from the same general area, and clearly shows some military aircraft flying in formation.

[edit on 3/31/2009 by crazypyro]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
no formation you say?

let's see....

does nobody actually read these days ?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Can we all stop this now?

It's planes flying in a diamond formation for the Queen's birthday!!

Here's a good shot from Clarkston Street

Not quite as good a shot, but also on Clarkston Street

Originally posted by icblue
First picture we all have seen

The original Wolversley Street one:

The original with comparison:

Here is a video of the day in question, and an article about the fly-over for the Queen's birthday

Now could we all take the "I want to believe" thing and note that by wanting to believe you are negating science.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by afgang

sorry but i see no similarity in how they look. the street view is clearly spheres. the photo link you posted to is totally different. come on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join