It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wrong or right? (Told not to do something in school)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If we have to do a cereal I'll mock Islam and do Marshmellowy Muhammed Crunch - Just because Muhammed didn't eat doesn't mean you can't!

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
If we have to do a cereal I'll mock Islam and do Marshmellowy Muhammed Crunch - Just because Muhammed didn't eat doesn't mean you can't!

i know your only joking, but some members might find that offensive about Muhammed seeings some of ATS are Islamic

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Why wouldn't it? They would be discriminating against my religious beliefs.

And mine. However, by me talking about my religious beliefs I am discriminating against all other beliefs. I may disagree with what they say, but I will fight to the death for their right to say it. If your faith is strong enough, and you're knowlegable enough about it, no case can be presented to you that could convince you otherwise. If one is, you need to seriously reevaluate where you stand.

On another note, Democrats and Republicans use humor to belittle their opponents all the time. That's discriminating against one another's political ideology. Should that not be allowed for fear of offending someone?

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

i know your only joking, but some members might find that offensive about Muhammed seeings some of ATS are Islamic

But Jesus Juice isn't offensive to Christians?

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

However, by me talking about my religious beliefs I am discriminating against all other beliefs.

Not true. I can have my own religious beliefs and still treat the religious beliefs of others respectfully.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
their icon was mohamend and he was more human than jesus because he got married to a very rich widow (jesus never married )and he never advised against terror or retaliation the islam hate cristianity because cristianity was not so nice like we in usa tried to portrait it, cristianity has a dark side in history that nobody wants to talk about and they persecuted and killed whoever did not believe in them back in ( know your history) the dark ages and they went to the arabs country and killer many of the people in the arab world during the crusades. So it call retaliation even if it took 1 thousand years.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

yes but he openly admitts that the he will mock Islam

You should respect religious beliefs and a good marketting personel would take that into consideration

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

However, by me talking about my religious beliefs I am discriminating against all other beliefs.

Not true. I can have my own religious beliefs and still treat the religious beliefs of others respectfully.

I have an Orthodox Jewish friend who finds my belief in Jesus to be offensive, because I'm claiming a "false diety" as his God. Many Muslims find Jews' existance to be offensive, as many Jews find Muslims' existance to be offensive. In order to "protect" people from feeling bad, I suppose the only course would be that which France is on the road to: Outlaw religion.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
FINE I give up already.

New product

Jihad Juice - Fuel for our inner warrior

Can anyone come up with some better slogans for that?

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Actually the reference to any religion pertaining to a school sanctioned project is now illegal especially with reference to the Christian religion. Your teacher is trying to keep his/her job by complying with the law. They bust their asses man, do them a favor and take another route. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I have an Orthodox Jewish friend who finds my belief in Jesus to be offensive, because I'm claiming a "false diety" as his God. Many Muslims find Jews' existance to be offensive, as many Jews find Muslims' existance to be offensive. In order to "protect" people from feeling bad, I suppose the only course would be that which France is on the road to: Outlaw religion.

the way i look at it, is like this; if you feel that a product is going to offened someone or group then don't bring it out. simple.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

So because he didn't say "To mock Christians, I'm going to say..." And because Jonna didn't say "To mock Christians, I'm going to say..." it means he's less offensive?

Quite frankly, in case you haven't noticed from my posts, bring on the offense. This mentality that everyone has to cater to everyone else's feelings doesn't follow with the freedom of information that is required for a free society to stay free. Accept ignorance, only say what people will find lovey-dovey.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You might want to stear clear of anything that could be construde as racist against an ethnic denomination. Now is really not the best time for that. I know, freedom of speach and all, but your teacher is the one grading you and you don't want to get on her bad side as it could taint your final grade.

Why don't you create a product around fluffy bunnies or something.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well, I agree with not bringing it out, just from a marketing side. Your company will probably lose a large part of the population as customers because of it.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

You might want to stear clear of anything that could be construde as racist against an ethnic denomination. Now is really not the best time for that. I know, freedom of speach and all, but your teacher is the one grading you and you don't want to get on her bad side as it could taint your final grade.

Why don't you create a product around fluffy bunnies or something.

You have got to be kidding me. I can't believe I just read this post and the poster was Jonna.

Jesus Juice:

Really gets your blood flowing

Because everybody likes to be nailed

Nothing goes better with Rubba Rubba

More refreshing then a crown of thorns

Perhaps you could also market disloving tables that turn the water to wine.

So the lesson here is attack Christianity, that's PC, but don't attack Muslims. huh. Interesting. :shk:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

And because Jonna didn't say "To mock Christians, I'm going to say..." it means he's less offensive?

No offence intended. I just believe that having a truely good sense of humor is to be able to make fun of everything including one's self and not get defensive. Life is just easier when you can see the humor in everything.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

And because Jonna didn't say "To mock Christians, I'm going to say..." it means he's less offensive?

No offence intended. I just believe that having a truely good sense of humor is to be able to make fun of everything including one's self and not get defensive. Life is just easier when you can see the humor in everything.

Jonna, make no mistake, I'm not saying what you said was wrong, I'm just saying that to add the words "to mock" suddenly makes something offensive instead of a joke is a joke in and of it's self.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is foolish. I say do whatever you want. The teacher can't stop you. I'd think "Jihad Juice" would be an even more touchy subject because that deals with terrorism and all. Go with Jesus Juice, I'm a Christian and I see nothing wrong with it.

If you're gonna make a cereal, you should do as Dane Cook says. Christ Chex, it's a miracle in a bowl.

You could also make little wafer-eucharist type things and call them Jeezits, lol. I love Dane Cook.

link   

So the lesson here is attack Christianity, that's PC, but don't attack Muslims. huh. Interesting. :shk:

No, I made a joke and then fearing that the thread starter may take my comment seriously decided to add a realistic comment. I get the impression that many do not pick up on my dark, sarcastic humor and take it as a real opinion.

link   

But Jesus Juice isn't offensive to Christians? [

Of course jesus juice is, i find it offensive. I pointed out why "jesus juice" wasn't a good idea, when he then mocked Islam i also pointed out why it wasn't a smart idea.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join