It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'How to break through police lines'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Where did i say i suport this kind of demonstration?
I dont suport violent acts of protest , and idiotic protests with catch phrases , and banners , protests that (almost) always end up with no results.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Well i for one hope nothing too bad happens here being a Londoner its pretty much locked down everywhere, Its going to be a nightmare using the trains in rush hour,

This evening is going to be the test, The sun is out and the lighter evenings have just come in,
I think this will be a reason so many have come out to protest,

Here is also the listed time scale,

Wed 1100: Protesters gathered at four London stations and head to the Bank of England.

1230: Campaigners converge on the European Climate Exchange for a flashmob-style camp.

1330: Stop the War Coalition and others hold an antiwar march.

Thu AM: Protesters bang on doors of G20 delegates hotels, then head to the London Stock Exchange for a giant game of Monopoly.

0900: Youth protesters head from South London to the summit.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by asala]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dracodie
reply to post by seagull

Where did i say i suport this kind of demonstration?
I dont suport violent acts of protest , and idiotic protests with catch phrases , and banners , protests that (almost) always end up with no results.
what kind of protest do you support then, and what kind of result do you think would come from such protest?

just interested, not baiting you.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dracodie

My apologies for not being clearer. The "you" I was refering to was more of the general sort of "you", not you specifically. sorry about that.

Let's hope it stays peaceful.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Imo, the media. The media is a two edged sword , controlling it and using it to enlighten and convince other citizens , of what is being defended , a protest that would appeal to the masses, and instead of changing the minds of those who have been elected or appointed, would change the minds of those who elect them.

Normally pacific or violent demonstrations acts thru street protests never lead nowere, the government thru the media, attacks and labels the protesters, has a bunch of hippies or pseudo-anarchists who don’t even know what they are protesting about, the key in my opinion is to find a way to protest thru just a few chosen individuals, who can gain some control of the media, and send thru the little box in our homes, a strong message that awakes the numb populations.
This is just my pov.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

No problem , maybe i should have read with attention your post.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
there was nothing tonight that was gonna be solved peacefully it just wouldnt of worked you cant act peacefull when a line of cops are hitting you with batons it just doesnt work,

its either be peacefull and get hit anyway for standing around

or try and defend yourself from not geting hit

trust me it was crazy tonight very crazy i believe if the police hadnt been so forcefull no trouble would of happened. in the day the atmosphere was like some kind of super street party everybody was peacefull.

soon as the police started getting heavy everybody just defended themselves, there were so many more police today than protestors

i have pictures and videos i will upload if somebody shows me how that show the atmosphere perfectly in the day i have a video of a man with a sign saying everything is ok asking the police for a hug then everybody in the crowd showed them by hugging eachover! it was amazing thats how to protest right there

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It seems kind of dickish and badly thought out to try and sabotage a summit which only has peaceful and problem solving objectives.

The protestors functioning under a blinkered herd mentality are bound to think they can start # with the police. Throwing this 'cameras turned off' bull# into the mix adds more potential for mayhem.

What a bloody mess.

Couldn't these pricks just have their extravagantly showy and overpriced glorified vacations at home and have their stoopid summit over the wires using video conferencing cisco type tech? apparently not. Thats too much to ask. They must grind one of the worlds capital cities to a halt for a bloody week. Thats a #ing cost effective way to solve a financial crisis, isnt it? If it goes badly they can just blame the protestors.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Q: How to break through police lines?
A: Dress up like the police.

Our first stage is to awaken the sheeple. We already have teams moving into the second stage of the Venus Project. Please check out my signature link, and spread the word far and wide.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

The Nazis also were just doing there jobs so that they could feed their families as well but all these years later that excuse does not work and rightfully so I might add.

I have been on both sides of the fence and its sad but MOST Police Officers treat the elite and rich a lot different than the treat the rest of the public, granted I have known men that treat everyone the same but I find that the meanest, brutal Cops are the ones who love to play butt kiss with some rich scumbag like Larry Silverstein.

Basically if you are poor and you don’t dance when they say dance you could end up dead while on the other side of town the rich spit on the Cops, laugh at them and insult them but much like a dog will do to its abusive master they just brush it off.

Rich pedophiles get the royal treatment while some poor bastard who has had enough gets his head smashed in for looking at them the wrong way at a protest so you tell me who is wrong? as protestors are treated worse than pedophiles.

These protesters are there because something is wrong and their numbers will continue to swell, as long as the elite keep squeezing more and more are going to come out and I don’t understand why anyone would be naive enough to think that this will go away if we: A. ignore it B. entrust the creators of the problem to resolve it.

Something has to be done or we will wake up to find that our children are more so their slaves than we are

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join