It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Essan
Why would anyone partaking in a peaceful, legitimate protest want to break through a police line? Except to get to the shop windows to smash and grab ....
THE AIMS OF THE PROTESTERS
No one really ‘wins’ at the end of the day, but that doesn’t matter. What matters is that you are unhurt, still free and some egg is still stuck to the face of your original target after the police have been and gone.
With all that in mind, we suggest you stick to these three basic aims when you find yourself in a riot:
Get you and your mates away safely, rather than fighting.
Find a place to cause embarrassment and economic damage to your real target, rather than fighting.
Help others in trouble by administering first aid and de-arresting, rather than fighting.
Public demonstrations are a sign of a healthy democratic process.
"Bear in mind that the police are probably much better equipped and trained for close combat than you or I."
* Don’t be tempted to stand around and fight – get to where you can cause disruption without the police around.
- You cant hide from police. You have to stand, and you cant move all the time - everyone needs to rest, make plans, and regroup. Make a fortified base and do active securing around it. Dont let police in - Dont cause any distruption what doesnt serve your straight cause. Use high tech surveillance equips around all areas 24 h. Use wireless cams in routes, places where police can sneak in to your back. Take your stand - and be strong together.
* Keep moving, as a group and individually. Fill gaps. Never stand still – chaos puts the police off.
- Take and give orders, make organizations. Everyone is not needed in frontlines - someone and most - civilians have to take care supplies, give SOS, make food, collect news, materials... - leaders have to stay calm and make plans - negotiate solutions. This tip is only for quards and bodyquards - but whats the chaos for? They possibly go to chaos, if you act with unexpected decipline.
* Nip police attempts to form lines or divide the crowd in the bud.
- Attack is the best defence - dont give any time to police!
* Don’t be intimidated.
- Trust to your cause - attack towards all rumors.
* Do everything in small teams, prepare in advance.
- Yep. And there is no team without someone in charge. And every leader have to have vice leader appointed all the time.
* Think defensively. Protect each other and escape routes.
- Make safezones around your bases - dont loose the mainbase - when you loose your heart of regrouping and organization - you have lost the battle.
* Always face outwards, ie. away from us and towards them.
- Make defence lines - fortified outer skirts and inner circles - Force attacker to move from long distances towards you, it witch will stretch their power, and split their forces to large area.
* Link arms as often as possible, form barriers, use your body.
- Dont never tied your arms - you need to hit back - use sticks, safe your body and head - you need your hands to use phones - cameras! Form barriers, barricades with dead materials - use barbwire - everything. In asphalt and urban areas oil the floors, use lump to make impossible to reach your positions by walking. Dont let them come near you - use molotovs - make them be afraid of you. If police is nearing your defence lines - send the braves - use vechiles to broke their lines. Dont kill but hit back!
* Move quickly and calmly, never giving the police time to react.
- Secure your leaders by not showing from where you take commands. Show that you know what you are doing - move in formations - leaders in the middle.
Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by Vitchilo
Just because a peaceful protest doesn't work you going to resort to a violent one? All that will accomplish is you getting hurt, killed or you hurting or killing someone else.
I equate it to a child in a grocery storm. First he asks for something and is told no. Then he asks louder and is told no again. Then he flops on the ground kicking and screaming, causing a scene, he then gets his bottom whipped.
And he still didn't get what he wanted.
“The function of that ‘police action’, those interventions in Central America and the middle east, the function is system sustaining. It is to maintain that overall system! And you don’t look at the particular costs; I can demonstrate to you that in every single bank robbery, that in every single case practically, the cost of the police was more than the actual money that the robbers took from the bank. And, Oh! You see that there’s really no economic interest involved then. The police are not protecting the banks, the police are just doing this because they’re on a power trip, they’re macho, or they’re control freaks; that’s why they’re doing it. NO! Of course it’s economic; of course they’re defending the banks, of course, because if they didn’t stop that bank robbery, regardless of the cost, this could jeopardize the entire banking system. You see, there are people who believe that the function of police is to fight crime. And that’s not true; the function of the police is social control and protection of property.”
Originally posted by Vitchilo
If you really want to break police lines and go for a revolution, get a group of hundreds of people with guns and march on the meeting. See how far you go. But don't shoot first. Just stay in line with your guns and march towards the police saying with loudspeakers that they only want to bring the leaders to justice because the police don't do their jobs.
[edit on 30-3-2009 by Vitchilo]
Originally posted by captiva
When will people wake up and realise that violence in London is exactly what they want. If the protesters dont start it, the police dressed in civilian clothes, standing in line with the plackards, will!.
Originally posted by InSpiteOf
The protesters are not the ones showing up with riot shields, batons, helmets, CS gas, tasers, and water cannons. Time and time again, protests are broken up by jackbooted paramilitary forces. Time and time again protesters are beaten, maimed, and in some cases, simply disappear. The police are supposed to protect the people of the society, not the business ventures, not the banks, not the governmental installations.