It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'How to break through police lines'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Why would anyone partaking in a peaceful, legitimate protest want to break through a police line? Except to get to the shop windows to smash and grab ....

I'm with the protesters 100 percent. Peaceful or not.

They need to send a clear message to the rulers of the world that the people will not be bullied. What's a few broken bank windows when the people the police are protecting are murderers and thieves of the highest order?

The powers that be want a nice, tidy march so they can get out their nice, tidy PR message about how everything is going to be alright if we just trust them. I don't trust them. Does anyone on this board trust them?

I'm an American and i don't have the means to travel to Europe, so I'd like to express my gratitude to anyone putting themselves on the line for the greater good in the next few days.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Successful riot is possible.

Succesful rioting against Police and government is very rare, but it was last time seen in Thailand - Police and Army didnt had no chance against crowds, armed with sticks and banderols - officers were forced far away from occupied airports - and peoples win their battle - PM was forced to step down, Police didnt break those peoples will...

What happened? - I saw it - I was there from day one to the last... We the people in Europe have lots to learn from those smart, strong and friendly Thai-peoples!

10 Basic Lessons:

1. There is nothing to do with anarchy in succesful demonstration!

2. Give orders - take orders and keep your positions in every situation and growing fear and rumors - group to squads - secure your leaders.

3. Give no time - attack before they attack you. Best way to break police lines is to attack their lines BEFORE they have time to assemble those.

4. Attack is always best defence - take a base position, your place to regroup - and attack forcefully to secure your own base, heart of your own actions.

5. Use vechiles - metal and wood is stronger than your skin - use shields and helmets.

6. Gather defence lines - take fortified position in the middle, and defence your base with several zones - secure your zones.

7. Allow no drugs, drinking or anarchist behave from your own.

8. Search all bags, vechiles, peoples who are moving in and out from your secured positions or bases - watch out for "black cops".

9. Keep your voices up - silence is your enemy, thats only time for fears and rumors to grow - play music, inform people from news - place TV:sets, radios, loudspeakers all around - spirit of the people needs common voice - 24 hours a day.

10. Supply and services - You all need free food, blankets, SOS places, toilet places, secured resting areas... - Maintenance is everything, and everything is needed in battlefield - do your part, give your part!

To the end, here is something what I made from "Thailand Crisis" - 9 days of "total power of the people"...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Check out how everything is organized - thats the only way to "fight the power!"

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Off on a tangent? Moi?
(sorry, I didn't mean to call you fat and or lazy, I get a little worked up sometimes, it's a very heated topic for me)

Maybe the time for peaceful protests has passed? Now, the one on saturday was a very peaceful protest, but it was still largley unheard of. Even though there was between 35k (police figure) and 70k (more realistic figure) people there. There were stilk walkers, brass bands playing, it was almost like a carnival. But i doubt it did any good. As it was low profile, hell, 2 MILLION people marched in a peaceful protest against the war back on 2001, it did nothing. The time is right for direct action, to let them know how the people really feel. We won't sit idly by and let them ruin every man and woman. Send us all on the streets because of retarded bankers stealing all the money and basicly doing it all wrong. We won't take it any more. They've bled the world dry, and the world is pissed.

It won't be jo public who gets his small business looted or vandalised. It'll be Jo Public who's had his small business raped and pilliaged by the ones who are supposed to protect us, who'll be there. You seem to forget, that there are only a small group of hardcore anarchists who are hellbent on making trouble. But i suppose if they're organised enough then they can incite the crowd mentality and it'll snowball. I mean, public opinion of the goverment must be at an all time low, so there's going to be some anger on the streets this week.

We NEED this, it has to get worse before it gets better, we have to bring the coutnry to its knees to wake everyone up and give them a reality check. Things can not go back to how they were. Ever. It's a means to an end, it is war, and good will triumph over evil.

*gets off soap box*

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
here we go, found one of the aformentioned "evil anarchistic "how to"

www.schnews.org.uk...

THE AIMS OF THE PROTESTERS

No one really ‘wins’ at the end of the day, but that doesn’t matter. What matters is that you are unhurt, still free and some egg is still stuck to the face of your original target after the police have been and gone.

With all that in mind, we suggest you stick to these three basic aims when you find yourself in a riot:

Get you and your mates away safely, rather than fighting.
Find a place to cause embarrassment and economic damage to your real target, rather than fighting.
Help others in trouble by administering first aid and de-arresting, rather than fighting.

and as you can see, it specificly states to get yourself away from violence and to NOT fight.

Prehaps some people jumped the gun a little and fell for the media propaganda.

[edit on 31/3/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I have to quote this one...

Public demonstrations are a sign of a healthy democratic process.

www.counterthink.com...

Thanks from link, in SchNEWS there is interesting and deepening article about demonstartions. I have witness many riots in Europe - and Police kicking asses, winning those fights, but like I posted above - Thailand was a great learning for me and important for everyone - we have to rethink these learnings very deeply... We have to learn how to win demonstrations!

Article starts with great mistake...
www.schnews.org.uk...

"Bear in mind that the police are probably much better equipped and trained for close combat than you or I."

Why is that so? - who wants to go battle only to loose, and be afraid of the enemy? Respect is always needed, but saying above is a treason - Basic of the win is trust to it.

You choose your equipments - with shields, helmets and sticks you are equal with your opponents. As member of the squad you are equal with opposing squads - and trust me - people are always more than officials. Trust to yourself - your troops and your cause - and achievement of your great victory which is coming!

Ive been working as Military Police for years - I ve been trained to be part of Police Reserves, but also I am deeply in side of the peoples. I have been my self in four demonstrations - organizing two succesful my self. This is how I read of given keys to success in article...

* Don’t be tempted to stand around and fight – get to where you can cause disruption without the police around.

- You cant hide from police. You have to stand, and you cant move all the time - everyone needs to rest, make plans, and regroup. Make a fortified base and do active securing around it. Dont let police in - Dont cause any distruption what doesnt serve your straight cause. Use high tech surveillance equips around all areas 24 h. Use wireless cams in routes, places where police can sneak in to your back. Take your stand - and be strong together.

* Keep moving, as a group and individually. Fill gaps. Never stand still – chaos puts the police off.

- Take and give orders, make organizations. Everyone is not needed in frontlines - someone and most - civilians have to take care supplies, give SOS, make food, collect news, materials... - leaders have to stay calm and make plans - negotiate solutions. This tip is only for quards and bodyquards - but whats the chaos for? They possibly go to chaos, if you act with unexpected decipline.

* Nip police attempts to form lines or divide the crowd in the bud.

- Attack is the best defence - dont give any time to police!

* Don’t be intimidated.

- Trust to your cause - attack towards all rumors.

* Do everything in small teams, prepare in advance.

- Yep. And there is no team without someone in charge. And every leader have to have vice leader appointed all the time.

* Think defensively. Protect each other and escape routes.

- Make safezones around your bases - dont loose the mainbase - when you loose your heart of regrouping and organization - you have lost the battle.

* Always face outwards, ie. away from us and towards them.

- Make defence lines - fortified outer skirts and inner circles - Force attacker to move from long distances towards you, it witch will stretch their power, and split their forces to large area.

* Link arms as often as possible, form barriers, use your body.

- Dont never tied your arms - you need to hit back - use sticks, safe your body and head - you need your hands to use phones - cameras! Form barriers, barricades with dead materials - use barbwire - everything. In asphalt and urban areas oil the floors, use lump to make impossible to reach your positions by walking. Dont let them come near you - use molotovs - make them be afraid of you. If police is nearing your defence lines - send the braves - use vechiles to broke their lines. Dont kill but hit back!

* Move quickly and calmly, never giving the police time to react.

- Secure your leaders by not showing from where you take commands. Show that you know what you are doing - move in formations - leaders in the middle.

When you fight, not like a chased dog - but a brave citizen in a smart group - there is no violence coming... But your victory is raising. Police will be equal with demonstrations and violence is no answer - it will be political.

Make straight public demands - and give a possibility for democratic solutions - dont fall to trap of anarchy - that wont help no-one.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Just like those such as Thomas Paine, etc.?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I think some people have missed the main point of this thread.

That is one of propaganda against the protesters. That "leaflet" has been around since about 2001, the page i posted was last updated in 2007. it does NOT incite violence, like the article suggests. one random person interviewed on saturdays march (out of how many interviewed? ) said that they think there should be violence. This is how the propaganda machine works, it takes 1 random quote, and affiliates it with everyone.

people, wake up, you're being manipulated.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I don't want to condone violence but I would like to give my opinion.
As one person has already said,is Bush in jail for warcrimes?NO
Why?? Peaceful protests haven't worked.
Are the greedy bankers still getting bonuses?Yes
Why??Peaceful protests haven't worked.
Are we out of Iraq??No
Why??Peaceful protests haven't worked.
These people can afford to ignore you because the police keep having their backs.
At some point there has to be a change in order to get some results.
I am not condoning violence so much as I applaud a change in tactics when protesting,wouldn't it be nice to see the world leaders crapping themselves at the thought of being held accountable to a large mob.
That will get more results then sitting there with a sign saying I am pissed off...they already know that and don't care.
They will do what they want regardless of how pissed off you say you are.
Good luck to all you protesters.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The only people that will incite any violence in this are the police, most of the people will not want any of that stuff. The police have mainly serial killer types in there ranks, so what do you think they want?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by Vitchilo

Just because a peaceful protest doesn't work you going to resort to a violent one? All that will accomplish is you getting hurt, killed or you hurting or killing someone else.

I equate it to a child in a grocery storm. First he asks for something and is told no. Then he asks louder and is told no again. Then he flops on the ground kicking and screaming, causing a scene, he then gets his bottom whipped.

And he still didn't get what he wanted.

So what do you suggest?

If you ask and ask, and beg and plead for a government to not tax you into an early grave, to not remove your freedom and rights, to not prevent your children from receiving adequate health care and education...

What do you do when they just laugh in your face and add another tax that cripples you and gives your money to the rich?

I don't agree with violence, but this idea that people should just bend over and take it up the arse is a complete joke!

There comes a point when a government has done nothing for the people and everything to cripple them, and what are the people supposed to do if they can't protest it?

You offer no solution to the problem, and if we lived by this ideal of yours we'd all be in servitude to the government and the wealthy, more so than we are already.

If anything is true, it's that we haven't protested enough to prevent us from ending up where we are right now.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Why would people want to break through police lines?

The point of a protest is to protest, not be in a battle with police.

Wear dayglo t-shirts to be noticed! Use a bullhorn, have something unique to point out your ideas about the situation!

If protesters resort to violence, or innapropriate behaviour, then, they deserve the wrath of police officers!

How do break the Police lines, is a silly topic. The police are the police.

Do people want to resort to straining the resources they pay for?

How about coppers being deflected from being available to take care of criminals, while protesters feel it is their rights to tie them up, with such sillyness?

Let the protests happen, with a point of a protest being what it is, a protest. If anyone takes it over the line, they deserve a good thumping!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The protesters are not the ones showing up with riot shields, batons, helmets, CS gas, tasers, and water cannons. Time and time again, protests are broken up by jackbooted paramilitary forces. Time and time again protesters are beaten, maimed, and in some cases, simply disappear. The police are supposed to protect the people of the society, not the business ventures, not the banks, not the governmental installations.

“The function of that ‘police action’, those interventions in Central America and the middle east, the function is system sustaining. It is to maintain that overall system! And you don’t look at the particular costs; I can demonstrate to you that in every single bank robbery, that in every single case practically, the cost of the police was more than the actual money that the robbers took from the bank. And, Oh! You see that there’s really no economic interest involved then. The police are not protecting the banks, the police are just doing this because they’re on a power trip, they’re macho, or they’re control freaks; that’s why they’re doing it. NO! Of course it’s economic; of course they’re defending the banks, of course, because if they didn’t stop that bank robbery, regardless of the cost, this could jeopardize the entire banking system. You see, there are people who believe that the function of police is to fight crime. And that’s not true; the function of the police is social control and protection of property.

Dr. Michael Parenti

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
If you really want to break police lines and go for a revolution, get a group of hundreds of people with guns and march on the meeting. See how far you go. But don't shoot first. Just stay in line with your guns and march towards the police saying with loudspeakers that they only want to bring the leaders to justice because the police don't do their jobs.
[edit on 30-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

ohhh
i like that idea if police shoot first then it's murder(and thus held accountable) as the protestors are not threatening to shoot anyone or kill anyone they just want to see world leaders brought to justice.

btw for all you coppers,fbi,CIA,MI5 or whatever montioring this website in no way am i saying i'll do it or attempt it or condone violence aginst world leaders
..just so you know

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
As one who has stood in line, carried posters and plackards and have seen first hand what the authorities can do in the Thatcher/poll tax riots I have to voice the opinion that anyone attempting to go through police lines during the G20 meeting will, withought a doubt, be injured to some degree or another.

When will people wake up and realise that violence in London is exactly what they want. If the protesters dont start it, the police dressed in civilian clothes, standing in line with the plackards, will!.

Unless 50,000 people decend on London its a waste of time and a "no win situation". I dont for one second believe that any protesters groups have given out flyers showing how to break police lines. Its a police ploy to defend their own actions during the protests.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

When will people wake up and realise that violence in London is exactly what they want. If the protesters dont start it, the police dressed in civilian clothes, standing in line with the plackards, will!.

The police started the fight at the Montebello sumit in 2007. The SQ, Quebec's provincial police used at least three ''agent provocateur'' to give them an excuse to fight. It has been proven and appered in MSM in Quebec, i would post a lot more links but they are mostly in french.<

mostlywater.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Who would want to hit them at their strongest... now if you want to panic - try this... have the group form like normal in the streets in plain view... keep the action focused on the streets.... with say 20% of the people....
take 40% and right flank .... take 40% and left Flank leaving the only exit is to a predesignated parking garage or store... warehouse what ever... they have to go INSIDE... once inside that kills their radio's down to a few blocks... at a pre designated time.... have the 20% file back and pick up appropriate self protection gear....
tear gas - vasoline coat eyes and face ... reduces pepperspray to minor irratant... if they use tear gas --- we grab their masks so they get it too... worse than us - we have protection...
billy clubs... night sticks.... we use Louville sluggers
rubber bullets... bean bags and tazzers ... ok, we have tazzers ... let them rip... we have to arrest just one of these shows of force to put them on defensive... when they switch to offensive - lets give them what they were giving us... eye for an eye... we can be their before them... we will know where they are setting up ... backup ... we hit backup first and prevent rescue via blocked access.... wow dreaming of the perfect downtown conflict... lets let them play their war games and then we check mate them. it has to happen.... its just a matter of time... we have to show them we are FREE - We Are Mad As Hell, and we are not gonna take it anymore...
--

[edit on 31-3-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
The protesters are not the ones showing up with riot shields, batons, helmets, CS gas, tasers, and water cannons. Time and time again, protests are broken up by jackbooted paramilitary forces. Time and time again protesters are beaten, maimed, and in some cases, simply disappear. The police are supposed to protect the people of the society, not the business ventures, not the banks, not the governmental installations.

That is just a crazy attitude! I am sorry, but I am 53 years old, and I have survived many protests in my years, beginning when I was in Jr. High School, and let out to protest against the Viet Nam war.

People get what they ask for. IF there is even a chance of violence, the police have a right to defend themselves.

Would you feel any differently, if you had a police officer as a brother, or any sort of relative?

Unfortunately, there might be nuts in the crowd, with terrorism as it is, and I do not find the police defending themselves, against it.

If some of them step over the bounds, then they should be held accountable for their actions.

You people are inciting fear here, and it makes me sick. You anticipate something going wrong, while peaceful protests do accomplish something.

It's like you are asking for something terribly to go wrong to prove a point, and I highly disagree with this.

edit, typos

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Having watched the violent mobs associated with British soccer matches, this should be a breeze for them, violence seems to come so naturally.

I think it's wonderful that these protestors are willing to take a couple of days off from their social studies and political science classes to provide countless CNN and YouTube moments for our collective amusement.

Remember, the dastardly French still hold the record for highest number of burned cars in one day and the most severely vandalized McDonalds.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Are you suggesting that police do not instigate violence at marches and protests?

The main point I was making in the beginning was of escalation. The police show up prepared for the worst, with all the latest gadgets in the crowd control field. Protectors show up in the cloths they left the house with. Who should feel more threatened?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Plan and simple peaceful protests don't work! You will not be heard by anybody!

I dont think destruction of private property is ok, infact its the wrong way to go about things.

Public Property/Infrastructure on the other hand. Create as much chaos in a wide area as possible (divide and conquer)

Although in saying that, as there is about 50 different groups protesting for 50 different reasons at the G20 (Whereas Thailand everyone was there for 1 reason and 1 reason only) with most of the groups who are not comfortable with direct action there will not be enough people willing to stand up and take on the those who are in power.

Best plan of action if there were to be enough numbers is to forget about where the leaders are and focus on airports,rail,roads or whatever else to not let them out of the city and prepare for confrontation.(although, again there will not be enough people willing to stand up i am thinking)

Good Luck to those that attend!

And remember - One mans terrorist,hippie,anarchist or whatever else the media will label you is another mans Freedom Fighter

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join