It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B2 Stealth bombers are roaring in the night sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Ok, I live in close proximity to Knobknoster, which is 5 miles from Whiteman AFB, home of the B2 and A-10. I think something is about to happen, I have never heard them so many times in one night. For the past week, from about 10 pm to 3 am, B2's have been really active. I know the distinct sound of them as they fly over my house often once or twice a week. Believe it or not they can be somewhat loud. But in the past week, instead of the usual 1 or 2 fly overs, I have counted as many as a dozen, while awake. I don't know if I am hearing things or what but it is enough to wake me. A-10's have also been flying alot more lately, and if anyone has ever heard one, you know when they are low they sound like they are screaming.
Anyone have thoughts on what this might be for?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The 509th just had a no notice NSI, so they're probably having some kind of exercise going on. Maybe an ORI. The 131st Bomb Wing just had a new Wing Commander get certified on the aircraft as well.

[edit on 3/30/2009 by Zaphod58]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Maybe it's because of North Korea or the NATO summit... I know they deployed several B-2 to Guam and probably a few others to Japan.

My guess would be that or exercise.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The Guam deployment was a regular scheduled deployment. They were replacing the B-52 unit that was scheduled to rotate home.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by USamf

There was an NSI from March 15 through the 23rd.
My guess would be the increased activity was associated with that.

top topics

join