It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The April 1st Virus???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
There is a virus that is talked about on the news recently called the "Conficker" on the news. It is surpose to have infected thousands of computers already and will activate on April Fool's day. That is surpose to be round 2 of 3 of this virus.

Even Microsoft is giving a reward if the creator is cault....

Anyone else know about this?
Is it some kind of plot for some sort of mass database of personal information???
A plot/excuse to worsen the economy?
Silence of groups like us around the internet?
Massive Rick Roll?

Coming on April 1st could be something along the lines of the predicted Y2k, it is predicted that as much as 60% of the internet could be effected.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ClinTrojan

A world wide rick roll would be hilarious.

The only thing pissed, would be my pants.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I've heard about this, it was about a week or so ago that I first got wind of it. Even though I'm willing to bet it's just another fraud, I'll do what I always do when things like this happen - completely lockdown both the firewalls on the computer, and the one on the router. Can't be too safe!

Also, if this ISN'T a global RickRoll, I'll be the one to do it.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
All about the virus and how to prevent or remove
www.msnbc.msn.com...

They seem to be taking it pretty seriously.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Stuff like this happens just about every year, without fail now. April 1 trojans and viruses pop up in mid March and send every scrambling for the latest copy of (brand name) Virus protection and latest updates.

You all do realize that its the virus protection developers themselves that create more than half the viruses in curculation just to keep the masses paying for updates. How do you think there is always a fix on hand or a daily latest definition package? They create the virus, then the fix, then they release them both into the wild.

If you run a viral detox on your machine and think you cleaned it up because Norton or McAfee didnt find anything, you better make sure to check the Spy/Ad ware and run a registry inspection. I would do all of this with the network connection disconnected.

If you are completely sure that you are clean, but still wonder if you might get infected at the last minute, just wait until Tuesday night, last thing before going to bed (or before midnight) and unplug from the demon inter-webs. Without a connection, no data can leave your computer.

top topics

join