It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Race - The Sun Responsible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
This is true. The more direct sunlight one is exposed to the more melatonin the body produces and the darker the skin becomes.

When you get down to it there is only one race, the human race, and we're all in it together whether you like that or not.

you are wrong.

we are not one race at all.

if we were one race whites would spend less time and effort hating blacks all the time.there would be no war.

i believe that whites believe that blacks are an inferior race and eat bananas.

they believe that whites are more advanced and invented electricity and technology.

many whites hate blacks but then go to to the beach to get a tan.

explain this.

did you know the cause of RACE is the ROUND planet.

since planets are all ways round then that means there must be blacks on every planet and whites on every planet at the poles.

if the planet was a cube then race would not be created.

i believe that in the future when America creates star travel we should create a flat planet and populate it with pure whites and so that means the folks will all ways be white.This will stop race wars as everyone will be an Aryan.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum

This is true. The more direct sunlight one is exposed to the more melatonin the body produces and the darker the skin becomes.

When you get down to it there is only one race, the human race, and we're all in it together whether you like that or not.

you are wrong.

if we were one race whites would spend less time and effort hating blacks all the time.there would be no war.

they believe that whites are more advanced and invented electricity and technology.

explain this.

since planets are all ways round then that means there must be blacks on every planet and whites on every planet at the poles.

i believe that in the future when America creates star travel we should create a flat planet and populate it with pure whites and so that means the folks will all ways be white.This will stop race wars as everyone will be an Aryan.

Are you freakin serious?? lol

Did you just turn this serious discussion into a hate thread.

I think black people blame white people for their lazyness.

I think black people haven't invented anything, peanut butter is a recipe.

I think black people don't know how to build, Roman structures are still standing and present day people in Africa still live in mudd huts.

It goes both ways, I'm half black so I can say these things, but you need to open your eyes and realize not an entire people is out to get anyone. Even with all the hate propoganda in America about Muslims, most Americans aren't scared or even care what religion they are.

You need to grow up basically, now lets get back on topic...

Why are there race specific diseases and why are you able to tell someones race from their DNA if we are all the same inside???

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles

Originally posted by esecallum

you are wrong.

explain this.

Are you freakin serious?? lol

Did you just turn this serious discussion into a hate thread.

I think black people blame white people for their lazyness.

I think black people haven't invented anything, peanut butter is a recipe.

I think black people don't know how to build, Roman structures are still standing and present day people in Africa still live in mudd huts.

It goes both ways, I'm half black so I can say these things, but you need to open your eyes and realize not an entire people is out to get anyone. Even with all the hate propoganda in America about Muslims, most Americans aren't scared or even care what religion they are.

You need to grow up basically, now lets get back on topic...

Why are there race specific diseases and why are you able to tell someones race from their DNA if we are all the same inside???

You totally misunderstood what i said.This is not about hate at all.

It is about perception.It is how some people feel and think.Many whites blame blacks about the state of the world and their own personal problems.

A flat planet facing the sun would eliminate the race problem as the suns radiation would be uniform.Also high structures and uneven landscape would be forbidden so that everyone would get equal doses of sunshine.

The spacing of the planet from the sun would be such that even whites would never turn brown or black.In fact a special glass could be put over the flat planet which would filter out the black turning UV rays.

This would be the ideal Hitlerian Aryan paradise where everyone is pure white and would forever stay white.

It is recommended this idea be posted on Aryan forums to get them started on planing the new flat planet and to get them start on star travel research and planning and building a giant spaceship to take them to this Aryan paradise.

They could even clone Hitler from his DNA and install him as Emperor and turn it into a true Aryan paradise.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

I hope we can keep this discussion civil , it seems when ever a discussion like this starts it quickly turns in to racial bashing from one side or another , than spins out of control and the mods have to close .

of course the amount of solar radiation(sun light) a species is exposed will effect it's evolutionary direction. If the species is less adaptive than it will have too move on or be out competed by another species . Now keep in mind sun light is NOT only factor that drives adaptation and evolution there are many environmental , biological(disease ), ext that drives a species into a particular direction.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

FOR the OP, and all the others who have contributed, you've missed one key aspect of the Sun and its influence on skin pigmentation. It's called 'Vitamin D'.

Our bodies can formulate Vitamin D from sunlight exposure. In Equatorial regions and the tropics the Sun is intense, so the pigmentation increases so as not to produce TOO MUCH Vitamin D. This is excaserbated by the typical clothing (or lack of clothing) worn.

As humans migrated out of Africa, their pigmentation slowly adapted to the less intense sunlight, and also because more clothing was worn (for warmth).

There is another source of Vitamin D, however: Diet. Seafood is rich in the vitamin (hence, one other reason for Alaskan Inuit to have dark skin).

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by ALLis0NE

There is another source of Vitamin D, however: Diet. Seafood is rich in the vitamin (hence, one other reason for Alaskan Inuit to have dark skin).

I addressed the sun and its affects on skin...

I have to also address this -- Its wrong.

The Inuit don't have relatively 'tan skin' because of their diet, thats ridiculous. Seafood doesn't induce the productin of melanin, thats an effect of radiation.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
double post//

[edit on 11-4-2009 by ChronMan]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ChronMan

Chron, perhaps if you'd read again, I said ...'one other reason'...

It is the need for the Vitamin D that drives the body to produce more or less melanin. AND it is also protection from the intensity of sunlight as well. It's not either/or....everything is connected in some way.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I noticed the 'another reason...', but I'm discounting your alternative, because its unfounded IMO.

If you'd like to present some information to the contrary, I'm open to it, but as of now, I don't agree with it.

The body achieves vitamin D from the sun, melanin is a response to the sun -not Vitamin D-, which directly regulates the absorption of radiation/the retention of heat, indirectly regulating Vitamin D and its productive efficiency.

Either way, your previous post was for the most part, accurate, with the exception of the 'diet part'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join