It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Look At Venus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
An interesting and informative video on Venus, the bright star be have all seen on our skyes.

What i have found interesting is the fact that the next transit of Venus will ocuur in 2012, while there have only been 6 observations of its transit in over 400 years.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Here is what the Maya have to say on the 2012 transit
www.diagnosis2012.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

I am currently reading “The Secret History of the World as laid out by Secret Societies” by Mark Booth. Among other things regarding Venus he reminds of this. In the Bible in Isaiah 14:12 it says “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning star” We know the morning star is Venus.

Without going into detail about other revelations of Venus, he quotes from a Greek creation story which states; the birth of Venus is brought about by an act of Saturn (identified as the planet of Satan by Secret Societies), who with his sickle slices off the testicles of Uranus and Venus spring forth from his sperm.

Lucifer is identified with Venus by Secret Societies as the one who initiated human life on earth.

If any of this is true, it poses some interesting possibilities….alas, none that I can think of at them moment, but perhaps others with more knowledge can speak to this.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I never thought this thread would actualy have to do with religion...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
good clip..

thanks for sharing it with us

(its interesting that so many facts came together with the myth date 21.12.2012...)

Nia

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Very interesting, OP, thanks. I love venus. One of my favorite objects in the night sky.

In Japanese Buddhism, Venus is associated with the Bodhisattva Kokuzo Bosatsu (虚空蔵菩薩). This being is also known as the Bodhisattva of Space: " a deity of space whose wisdom is as vast as space," and the so-called "blessings of space." Venus was said to be first object that the historical Buddha saw after emerging from the meditation session in which he first gained full enlightenment.

There is a meditation practice in Esoteric Japanese Buddhism known as the "Kokuzo-gumonjiho." Very few people do it anymore, and it is very difficult. The practitioner must sit alone in a specially constructed hall. There are only a few of these, on remote mountains. A tiny window slit is constructed that frames the planet Venus so the practitioner can focus completely on its light. The practioner repeats Kokuzo's mantra (a special phrase associated with kokuzo) "one million times." That's how its written, but actually I'm pretty sure the actual number is less. Whatever it is, its a lot and the meditation takes a very long time (months?). I can't remember whether they visualize Kokuzo or just repeat the mantra. They might also contemplate his image in some way, I'm not sure. It's a very old practice that few people are aware of anymore.

[edit on 3/31/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

I am currently reading “The Secret History of the World as laid out by Secret Societies” by Mark Booth. Among other things regarding Venus he reminds of this. In the Bible in Isaiah 14:12 it says “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning star” We know the morning star is Venus.

Without going into detail about other revelations of Venus, he quotes from a Greek creation story which states; the birth of Venus is brought about by an act of Saturn (identified as the planet of Satan by Secret Societies), who with his sickle slices off the testicles of Uranus and Venus spring forth from his sperm.

Lucifer is identified with Venus by Secret Societies as the one who initiated human life on earth.

If any of this is true, it poses some interesting possibilities….alas, none that I can think of at them moment, but perhaps others with more knowledge can speak to this.

What does Isaiah 14:12 add up to ???? 14+12= 26

Maybe the number of reading/psalm/whatever they are called also has relation to the event or the cycle that is occurring or a part of a cycle that is occurring.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I tend to stay away from 2012 threads because they hardly are ever rational or have new info to offer. ( I've read days worth of material )

But this is actually very interesting. I've always been somewhat intrigued by Venus.

Is it a coincidence that Venus and lucifer are tied together being that Venus is a Hot Firery planet ??

O and nothing is bad and good. Lucifer/Satan/ whatrever you want to call it is just filling a role/ playing a role in the universe that it was asked/ meant to .

Everything has a good and bad side. Maybe there is a reason the whole lucifer/ secret societyies thing keeps poping up.

Is it their role to control and direct our evolution ?

But yea this post was good. got me into the 2012 thing again.

I find that the more these topics go mainstream, the more false the information becomes.

It goes mainstream and everybody explains it in 2 sentences when 2 books wouldn't even be enough for half the information.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
What i have found interesting is the fact that the next transit of Venus will ocuur in 2012, while there have only been 6 observations of its transit in over 400 years.

Oh.

Oh...

Oh...!

Holy Mother of God I think that you just solved the 2012 puzzle!

...Most of humans are still on the 3rd dimension and when time comes to choose between Love and Fear, they will choose Fear. And thus, they will be transferred onto another 3rd dimensional planet, similar to this one, on which they will have to learn to evolve until another chance to level up will present itself...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

Please elaborate!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

So you're saying Venus will evolve into a 3rd dimensional planet in 2012?

Well, we can only explain/see 4% of the universe so who knows..

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ub1476

So you're saying Venus will evolve into a 3rd dimensional planet in 2012?

Well, we can only explain/see 4% of the universe so who knows..

I sincerely hope the post you're referring to is a joke. Venus already IS a 3 dimensional planet (all planets are), and its atmosphere is basically hot sulphuric acid. I don't think it's going to change into a cool, terraformed spot anytime in the future. They'd have to tow it out to Earth orbit and dump a whacking huge load of baking soda on the whole planet just to get it marginally neutral instead of highly acidic.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

You may be right but I wouldn't know how to asses that except to say there are no coincidences. Everything is a cycle and as above so below. I am having this more deeply ingrained in my consciousness.

One more thing about Venus, according to the secret societies it is related to the kidneys due to it's position in our solar system. Don't ask me about it, I am just giving what I read...part of the 'as above so below'...everything connected.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Venus is not only associated to kidneys as the following suggest.
Although i am not sure how the connection came to be in the first place and why its so conected to the female gender the following apply:

VENUS SYMBOL

Symbol of feminism based on Venus symbol

The Venus symbol (♀) may refer to:

In science:

* The female sex
* The chemical element copper
* Feminism in philosophy and sociology

In mythology:

* The Roman goddess Venus or the Greek goddess Aphrodite

In astronomy and astrology:

* The planet Venus

In other uses:

* The ankh, an Egyptian hieroglyph resembling the Venus symbol
* The female connector in a pair of mating connectors or fasteners
* The women's bathroom

The symbol has the Unicode entry U+2640.

[edit on 1/4/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

new topics

top topics

join