It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open house planned for Trinity Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
this little news blip hit our Base news paper here I though maybe some would like to know at long last civilians may now tour the site... Must have fixed it up as last time I was there there was nothing, no markers no rusty towers no nothing!

WHITE SANDS MISSILE RANGE, N.M. (AP) - The site of the world’s first atomic bomb test will open for public tours April 4.

The first atomic bomb test was set off at Trinity Site on the restricted White Sands Missile Range on July 16, 1945.

Now a small lava obelisk marks Ground Zero. Historical photographs are mounted on a fence around the site.

Visitors also can ride a shuttle bus 2 miles from Trinity Site to a ranch house where scientists assembled the plutonium core of the bomb.

Visitors enter the range through the Stallion Range Center gate off U.S. 380 east of San Antonio, N.M., or drive with a caravan from Alamogordo.

All adults must show a photo ID, and drivers should carry registration and proof of insurance. Vehicles are subject to search.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Now a small lava obelisk marks Ground Zero.

a small lava obelisk with an old steel six pack of Bud and a church key embedded. per one of the guys who made it way back when.

Must have fixed it up as last time I was there there was nothing, no markers no rusty towers no nothing!

You must have been there in 1943.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I was stationed at White Sands in 2006, they never let us near it.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
You can visit the Trinty Site twice a year and it has been the case for years (Just an FYI)

www.wsmr.army.mil...

top topics

join