It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Streaking lights, explosions reported all along mid-atlantic coast...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The National Weather Service said Monday there is no evidence of any naturally occurring phenomenon to explain bright lights in the eastern sky that prompted hundreds of calls to the service and emergency officials.

www.wbaltv.com...

I find it very strange that in the last year, there have been hundreds of fireballs in the skies around the world and loud booms at night.

What is going on!?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I live on the coast of southwest CT, right along long island sound..On sunday night i was at work..closed store at 10:00 pm..at around 9 pm? We had ALOT of dangerous lightning here..it rained a little, not much, but thier was a good amountof purple lightning streaking across the sky..trying to touch the ground, going in just about every direction you can imagine, up n down diagnally and sideways across the sky. Lasted maybe 35 minutes? Thunder was very loud too. iit was literally like one of those strong summer strm cells that yuo get when its hot and humid...but it wasnt here, it was like 55 degrees out! Wonder if thiers any coincidnce to this?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Weird. Any possible military association has been ruled out? I know the article says nothing but what about other instances?

I had seen a fireball with a nice blue-white core and orange sparks falling off it a few years back. It appeared to be falling and not streaking, lasted for perhaps 5-10 seconds and faded away. It never appeared to get close to the ground and it was about 45 degrees from the horizontal and perhaps 10 degress to my left when facing due east.

I can't say it was too much different in trajectory or speed than what the fireball films I have seen showed.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Just a stupid question...

Wasn't that about the time the space shuttle was supposed to come down to Earth????

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
As far as I know, and according to NASA's site, there are currently no Space Shuttles in space at the moment.

This is odd. I try to rationlize everything, but something is just off here. Maybe because it's so close to home.

I live in the DC area..at some point last night...i have no idea what time, aside from the fact that it would fit somewhere in the 9-10pm timeframe, I looked out my window and saw something "large" in the sky, yellow/orange/gold in color. I looked away, looked back and it was gone. I thought nothing of it until I saw this story this morning.

Now, I would think that random flaming sh*t falling out of the sky, creating "explosions" that rocked peoples homes would gather more media attention than it has. I'm not talking National, though I believe it deserves it, I'm just talking Local, as I live right up 95/64 from the Hampton/Va Beach Area. All I got on the local news tonight was a 5 minute story with smiley "this is so funny" faces from the anchor-people. It's explained away as a Russian booster rocket making re-entry. That it was expected? Seriously? Expected? Yet no one bothered to say anything?

You're looking at something that likely tied up 911 lines from Hampton to Hatteras. Don't you think that if this were something that were actually expected someone might put the word out? Someone might actually want to keep those 911 lines as clean as possible in case of a real emergency, seeing as this was "expected?"

No one had a clue all day...not, 6pm, we know exactly what it was, AND it was expected.

Not to mention the Local News said that something was found off of Hatteras. The Washington Post article below merely states that "it would probably be found off of Hatteras.

I'm not buying a bunch of Sorcha Faal crap...but there's something that's just not right here...

Washington Post - www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Just got this off the mufon web site. May be of help. Did anyone get pics?

I saw a flash of light so I looked out of my back window that gave me an excellent view of a huge white blue sphere of light that flashed and shot backwards away from my area very fast. It again flashed and I saw a smaller sphere move from it, then shortly after was a loud kind of percussion boom, this all happened very fast. I went outside to my back deck and looked to see what was going to happen next. I really felt I was seeing a UFO. I never thought meteorite I did not see the sparks or green ball people were describing but maybe it was just my location.I noticed about 5 minutes or so later up very high in the sky was an object flashing from red to blue to green. At first I thought it was an aircraft but it moved left and then backwards. It really scared me because I have never seen anything like this. It stayed up there so long I had my husband come out and see it then had my mother drive over to look at it. Then there were jets flying around up there near the area and then it was gone. I can't say what that was.
I just know that many people saw the flash and heard the boom there were sirens with emergency folks looking for a crash it pretty scary. Not everyone saw the big moon like sphere that people in my area did.
I have read that now the navel observatory is calling it space junk but wow wouldn't someone know where this stuff was falling?
I think this needs an investigation by someone because it seems no one really knows for sure what happened last night. But as for me, I'm calling it a UFO.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by starwatcher1

Any idea where this person was located when they observed this?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join