It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security alerts close city roads

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Spot on Blaine. Alot of the so called 'dissidents' stirring up trouble now are young groups of teenagers who have been told by their parents from a very young age who and what to hate and are now acting up. There is still a hardcore older generation who grew up fighting in the troubles and the fear is these people are becoming role models for a younger generation.

The 12th of July I believe will be when we really see what todays terrorists are all about.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by onetruesaxon

whats going to happen july 12?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Its a public holiday to celebrate the protestants win at the battle of the boyne, and all the protestant organisations go marching through town (including catholic areas) with their flute bands. You can normally guarentee trouble as it is, no matter with the increase in tensions.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FullMechaPilot!
Ireland has been aggressively oppressed for 800 years by the British military establishment- enough time for Irish culture, langauge and customs to be all but wiped out. If I were Irish, I'd be pretty p*ssed off, and would see myself as a freedom fighter instead of a 'dissident'. Just my two cents.

I live in Northern Ireland and am British, you and me would be enemies, big time

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by onetruesaxon
Its a public holiday to celebrate the protestants win at the battle of the boyne, and all the protestant organisations go marching through town (including catholic areas) with their flute bands. You can normally guarentee trouble as it is, no matter with the increase in tensions.

Have to jump in here, it is to celebrate more than just "prods" winning ffs, the Pope was on the side of the "prods" in that battle

As for marching through Catholic areas on the 12th, what areas would this be? Are you talkin about mainroad which left wing republican bigoted filth have tried to claim for their own in order to engineer trouble- Adams himself publicly stated Drumcree did not happen by chance

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FullMechaPilot!
Ireland has been aggressively oppressed for 800 years by the British military establishment- enough time for Irish culture, langauge and customs to be all but wiped out. If I were Irish, I'd be pretty p*ssed off, and would see myself as a freedom fighter instead of a 'dissident'. Just my two cents.

When has Violence ever solved anything in Northern Ireland?????? Im Irish and if your definition of Freedom Fighter means killing innocent men, women and children over something their Ancestors may have done then I'd rather let it go! These dissidents are criminals and as far as Im concerned they can go stuff their "Ideals" for Ireland. Freedom Fighters my @SS!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RubberBaron
Damn this sucks, I wish we'd just let them have their stinking/glorious country so they can turn it into the cesspit/utopia they want it to be and we can stop wasting money on them.

Same for the scots and welsh, if they want to go, i say let them, they seem to all hate us (english) anyway, so why bother with them.

[edit on 30/3/2009 by RubberBaron]

I only hate stupid ignorant English people actually as well as stupid ignorant Irish people, as well as stupid ignorant Scottish people as well as .........

What you say is ignorance of the highest level my friend.

Religon does not have the control it once had over the people of Ireland & Northern Ireland. Which means most of my generation could not give a rats @ss about what religon a person is, which means the next generation sure as hell won't care either. What you see is a dying breed of hate lashing out because it knows its over!!!!!!

How can they think of themselves as freedom fighters when their way of thinking is their Own and does not reflect in anyway what the people of Ireland feel or think!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join