It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamas Paying for White House Renovations Personally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Obamas Paying for White House Renovations Personally

nymag.com

At a time when people are having trouble holding on to their houses, Barack and Michelle Obama have sensibly decided not to use taxpayers’ money to renovate theirs.

They “are not using public funds or accepting donations of goods for redecorating their private quarters,” says Camille Johnston, director of communications for the First Lady. Nor is the couple, who reported $4.2 million in household income in 2007 tax returns, using money from the White House Historical Association, a privately funded foundation that paid for a $74,000 set of china shortly before Laura Bush left town.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-3-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think this is quite a generous thing to do ... there is some room for a conspiracy here, but who know's ... i didn't even know about the whole laura bush thing ... maybe they could be putting their money towards other things? that's a really selfish statement ... but it's nice to know that they're not wasting the taxpayer's money, which is being stretched very thin ... this is a publicly good thing for them to do, when the rest of the attention is on the bailout's and what not, don't get me wrong i think they are quite important and wrong imo, but i think this was a smart thing for them to do ... what are your thoughts?

nymag.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
FYI....

Already exists here .

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

ahh thanks searched the wrong terms i guess ...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
obama redecorating the white house oh god the man has no taste no class whatsoever.

giving gordon brown dvds and not even the correct region
giving the queen of england a freaking ipod.

the man HAS NO CLASS OR TASTE. and is an embarrassment to the us populace.

new topics

top topics

join