It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange thing happened to me this morning.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Right, I've put off posting about this, because I have no explanation for it. It's not mind blowing, I didn't see anything amazing, it's quite mundane, infact. But it's puzzled the bejeebus out of me all day. (I've built it up now, haven't I, DOH. )

Right, i was driving to work this morning, and I noticed that I hadn't changed the time (clocks went forward saturday night) It said 6:42. Now, I know it said 6:42, because it's what allerted me to the fact that I need to change it. It doesn't do itself, unless it's evolved over the last 2 years I've had it. I look back about a minute later, and it says 7:43. I nearly crashed the car
Oh, no time loss, I was wearing a wrist watch that had the right time on it.

What?
Why?
Who?
When?

thank you.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I have some theories.

Auto-update? Perhaps newer cars get info from radio stations that prompt them to change the clock, the same way radio stations can have certain messages display.

OR

Road hypnosis. You changed it yourself. You just can't remember it.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
My girlfriends Audi automatically changes the time on its own for day light savings.

Is your car a fairly new one? Perhaps that is one of the features your car has and you just didnt know about it?

On a side note, her radio has a little readout that shows the name of each song and who the artist is. I love that feature. It comes in real handy for a music lover like me.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris
I have some theories.

Auto-update? Perhaps newer cars get info from radio stations that prompt them to change the clock, the same way radio stations can have certain messages display.

OR

Road hypnosis. You changed it yourself. You just can't remember it.
I suppose it's possible (first one, not the second, it's only a 5 minute drive to work, I wasn't in a trance like when you go on a motorway, pluss I need to jab a pen into the hole) But the car's a 2001 reg, the stereo's the standard model, and it's never updated itself before. Maybe it's a new thing, I guess it's more plausable than me doing it with the mind
(because as i noticed it needed doing, I did kind of jokingly pretend to myself that I'll mindzapp it, I even made the "nyyyyanyanya" mind ray noise in my head, ala south park
)

[edit on 30/3/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I even made the "nyyyyanyanya" mind ray noise in my head, ala south park

I'm actually more of a fan of Mentok The Mindtaker's "oooooooooooWEEEEEEEeeeeooooooooOOOOOOO" ala Harvey Birdman: Attourney at Law. :p

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

LOL I like mentok too!!

2nd line

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have an alarm clock that updates using a radio signal from somewhere.

no one liner

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Who?
When?

Did you have your vehicle serviced recently? Oil change, whatever?

Because if I take mine in, the service peeps always change the clock for me. Not just for daylight savings but even if it's off by a few minutes.

I don't see it on my bill, though.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Who?
When?

Did you have your vehicle serviced recently? Oil change, whatever?

Because if I take mine in, the service peeps always change the clock for me. Not just for daylight savings but even if it's off by a few minutes.

I don't see it on my bill, though.

No but it's due, can everyone please stop hassling me about it
(sorry, but everyone keeps hassling me about it in real life, and I know I need to get it done, but I'm putting it off)

seems an odd time for it to update itself, maybe my car has evolved! I'd better start treating it with respect, it's awoken!!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hey cool post man thanks.
I have one question : What type/model of car do you drive?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Too deep of a question to ask ?

I bet it auto updates , hence why you wont tell me what car model. Booyaa =D

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure acidtastic is saying it changed within seconds/minutes.... before his very eyes (although he wasn't looking at it) so garages, self-setting and whatever else wouldn't come into it i think.

I'm not too sure..... sounds puzzling indeed.

[edit on 8/4/09 by blupblup]

top topics

join