It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being an American right now sucks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Whatever is happening to this country is out of our hands, there is nothing we can do. We sit back and worry about what happens next. Eventually we all know there will be some kind of mess worse than the one were in now that we all will have to survive through, we don't know what it is, we have our theories, but really we don't know which way to turn. So we wait, in the mean time people are losing their minds and going on shooting sprees, suicide rates are increasing,

What will be the result of all this chaos and economic downturn? We all sit and watch the country fall through our fingers like sand, with no clue how to stop it. Our country is bleeding folks, we need to find out where to put the pressure to stop it.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You can put pressure on it but it seems shes a hemophilia. Not good.

Down down 274 right now, SandP down below 800 again. What do we have to show for it a tripled deficit, bigger gov't etc etc etc.

The base of our country is full fledged americans, I hope they will stand up and say enough is enough, I have alot of hope in them. They will do whats right.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by backyard guru

Amen, brother.

It is a slow train wreck. Painful to watch. When will it end is anyone's guess.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The Graham Leach Bliley Act passed by Congress and signed by Bill Clinton puts blame on both parties. Only eight Senators were brave enough to vote against that bill. Deregulation my Aunt Fanny!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

When I visited the USA last year to work, it was definitely one of the best times of my life. Everything is nice!

Coming from a 3rd world, the place is paradise to me! I was literally smiling all the time the whole six months I was there! It took 10 years off my face!

That's why I'm really sad with what the USA is coming to.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
i don't even got no passport, and immigration laws are becoming so tight. there really is no way out of here. guess we just got to ride it out, and if i die i'ma go out shooting

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Yea but things aren't much better in most other countries.I feel for my many American friends i have made over the years they have all been good people.But the human race as a whole is a resilient species and while things are tough we will pull through but whether we learn from this is the trillion dollar question

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Sometimes you get what you ask for. This sort of logic only tends to make conditions worse, and you glom onto anything that hints at how awful things are to back up your logic.

Make things better by having a postive attitude. Buck the trend of doom and gloom!

Are you starving, non educated, never do well?

Pull your bootstraps up, and buckup to improve your situation, other than looking for other sad souls, who are stuck in the same mindest you are!

It saddens me to see people make threads like this. You sit on your rear and type, but what are you doing about your situation?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
A star and a flag for you Blanca Rose.

I'm really very tired of all the gloom and doom concerning our beautiful country.

We`are still one of the greatest nations on this earth. I'm proud to be an American.

There are some threads that are thriving on everything negative. They tell people to not post if they disagree with any of the regular posters.

What kind of nonsense is this. There are people that want our country to fail. To those I say get out of my country as you are a blight and a burden. You seem to delight in our problems.

To those that say over and over again that we are sheeple sitting on our butts I ask what are they doing to help anything by being negative?

To those of you that did not vote in state and national elections I say vote or shut your mouth. You do not have the right to complain. You are part of the problem hiding behind your false ideas that your vote does not matter.

WE the people voted the Washington officials into office. We can vote them out also.

Talk is cheap. Put some action behind your mouth. We will survive this crisis.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I couldn't agree with you more, on the mindset that seems to invade the thoughts of some people, these days.

Complaining alone, does nothing to change a situation.

It's sort of like a flu nowadays, that all too many people seem to be catching!

There is no cure, other than to change a situation for yourself, or, in my opinion, to try and improve a situation for somebody who has it worse off than you do.

People want to b@@@@ and moan about themselves, but what have those that do so, have done to make a life better for a person who has it far off worse?

Did the OP donate a couple of 50 cent cans of non-dented canned food to a local food bank today?

Did they volunteer to babysit for a woman with children, so that she can go out and look for a job?

There are lots of things we can all do to support each other, rather than sit and think about how life just sucks for ourselves!

People need to look out for each other now-adays, rather than sit in a situation of nothing will get better.

We need to look out for each other rather than feel sorry for ourselves.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
beautiful country where you see yes, is it beautiful in flynt where the banks don't even want to foreclose on the houses hoping the city will pick up the bill for the neighborhoods that are abandoned and look like they have been carpetbombed? You can say I am sitting on my butt dooming and glooming, not right. I am preparing for a upheaval, what worries me is all of you that are really the ones asleep and sitting on your butts. I know when the SHTF you will all be unprepared and horrified when your door gets kicked in to take what you have. I want you all to wake up and understand this statement. Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worst. Have you done all you can to protect yourself , your loved ones, Do you have a safe place to go where your brothers will protect you while your sleeping, do you even have the means to provide protection.

What really scares me is the lack of preparedness that all you sleepers all possess, if you wanted to buy guns and ammo right now, good luck, the shelves are empty.

Wake up, not everything is a conspiracy, some of its fact, get prepared for the worst. The gloom and doom thing, won't even get a chance to carve it on your tombstone because the people that do that will be somewhere safe with a ak 47.

Get a Grip, America has never ever been so close to such a perfect storm.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
google this

argentina economic collapse

read the stories

are you ready for what they went through
cause it is the same
study the facts, base your statements on here
after reading the facts

don't tell me I make you sick to your stomach when it is you
who fails to awaken, study history, and others peoples many pages of history of what happened to them in their collapse

people on farms got tortured, raped, mutilated, killed, children where killed right in front of their parents eyes. Isolation is dangerous. Read the stories of the doctor who was attacked by a roving gang with his family leaving a restaurant , killed four attackers, but died in the exchange. He was prepared , but did things on his own, if his wife was armed at the time, they all would of lived.

Please don't judge me until you allow your mind to grip that this is more than conspiracy, it happened already in bueos aires.

new topics

top topics

join