It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast Money host was this why he was fired?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This is a great listen, Dylan Ratigan host of "Fast Money" on CNBC. He was let go from CNBC last week, I don't think CNBC likes his attitude on the market.

radio.goldseek.com...
MP3 and streaming available, scroll down.

Makes a ton of sense, politicians would be pissed if they listened to this.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hi LookingAround - I'm still not sure if the feelings were mutual , or if Ratigan simply opted not to re-negotiate his contract. Too bad Dylan didn't have free-reign to express himself without clipped-wings on FastMoney. Given his candor in the Chris Waltzec interview, it makes sense that CNBC/Ratigan would ultimately prove unsustainable. Imagine the frustration of hosting a show with global exposure , and having to bite your tongue for months on end - until your contract expires.

When someone of DR' stature can only find honest expression on an off-grid precious metals site - well , it's just another indictment against our terribly flawed , corporate-controlled media outlets.

Dylan Ratigan has plenty to look forward to

Related: They sabotaged the alarm system....

STAR POWER DIMMING AT SOME STREET FIRMS
March 30, 2009

A growing number of analysts who were either critical of the financial sector or were early raisers of red flags in the mortgage market are getting the cold shoulder from their employers, which has led to the analysts being forced out or silenced.

Full Text

GL

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Karl Denninger's take:

I called CNBC's Public Relations Department this morning when I first got wind of this perhaps being the case to make sure they were aware of my considered opinion that Mr. Ratigan was one of the few reasons to watch their network, as he has been one of the few people who has been willing to take on the "mis statements", question the "conventional wisdom" and raise hell when appropriate - such as his recent rants about AIG being apparently used as a conduit for US Taxpayer funds to banks, a subject that has now drawn the attention of NY Attorney General Mr. Cuomo who is investigating (as he is charged with) whether laws have been violated.

market-ticker.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Ratigan is one of the few reasons I still watch CNBS at all. Fast Money is IMHO one of the best financial shows on, and when Ratigan is not on it, it's just not as good. I'm sure Ratigan will land somewhere else and do well.

Has anyone seen Ratigan on CNBC since last thursday (mar 26)? Right before the close, around 3:30 EST he had one of the best conversations I'd heard about the Crisis. I'd heard immediately after that aired he had been fired. The market watch article seems to put that to rest.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

I don't know, he had ideas that were very "Beck" like. I don't think they would allow that type of thought.

IMHO CNBC is full of puppies an marigolds.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well I'm glad he's no longer with CNBC....this man is putting on possibly the BEST 1 hour of news programming on television right now.

He's doesn't lean hard to either political side, he speaks against all the corruption in our government and the banks....no matter who it is.

I have no idea how many people watch his show since it's MSNBC...it's probably not great.

It's far better programming than ANYTHING ELSE on that channel.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Come
On Crowd... go to the media reports...as follows...

www.businessinsider.com...

EXCLUSIVE: Dylan Ratigan Reveals Why He Left CNBC

Henry Blodget | Apr. 10, 2009, 10:49 AM | 150,052 | 218

See Also:
Here's How The Kaufman Amendment Could Seriously Screw With The MarketQ&A
With Dylan Ratigan: The Endgame Is That Paper Currency Is ToastGoldman Employee
Creeped Out By The Company's Grey Uniforms And Gym
There have been lots of rumors echoing around that star-CNBC anchor Dylan Ratigan
stormed out of CNBC after feuding with bosses Mark Hoffman and Susan Krakower,
that he's headed straight to ABC for a big-time broadcast slot,
and that he can't go on-air for the next 6 months because of some ridiculous,
spiteful clause in his CNBC contract.

Is it all TRUE??? Inquiring minds want to know!

So we asked Dylan himself, who was kind enough to share 20 minutes with us.

The short answer? "No." This is a pro-Dylan Ratigan move, not an anti-CNBC move.
And the bull market of the past month is just a suckers' rally.

Here's an excerpt of our conversation:

-------

new topics

top topics

join