It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs show up on google street map

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
www.thesun.co.uk...

The Sun is not known for it's , well, sensible articles. However, in its' defense, since its' inception along with its' sister paper The News of the World it has been one of the few publications to keep up a steady stream of UFO reports in its' pages..

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Thread Already HERE

So many lines.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Two threads can run concurrent as long as one thread is in one of the News Forums and the other in the discussion forums.
That is the case here, so this thread is fine unless there is one with an earlier post date.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
My guess is that it's an edited photo, mostly because I went to the same spot and I see nothing on google maps street view.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

You might have looked at the wrong spot. Here it is on Google. You can spot the odd formation pretty easily.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Striker122]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The objects are there alright,high up and to the right of the "pole"
though they do look like balloons tied in a grid pattern.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It seems the Red Arrows did a fly-by in London a couple of times last year,
in April and July

[edit on 30-3-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Striker122

I just clicked your link, and the map is totally blacked out. I cant see anything! It looks like Google has already bleached this one. ???

I did see the original picture at the link, and I have no idea what this could be.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The link still works. I was getting the black page as well but I clicked out and reloaded the page and it came up fine.

If you look at the people across the street on the corner and coming out of the door of the building, I see at least 7 people looking up at it. I would think that it is something that is actually there for all these people to be looking up in that direction.

Still very curious as to what it is.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'll post here what I posted on the other thread:

It looks to be The Red Angels (or other similar aircraft) flying overhead in a diamond nine formation:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/001600409b60.png[/atsimg]

homepage.ntlworld.com...

Of all the formations flown by the Red Arrows, Diamond Nine is the most recognisable, and indeed has become the team's signature formation, which means that it features in the display every year. When watching the Red Arrows in Diamond Nine formation, look for symmetry between the left- and right-hand sides, and for the formation to be of good length.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Did the same with me. When you see the black screen, just push the refresh button on your browser and it should work.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It could be the Red Arrows, but what counts against that hypothesis is that..They Red arrows planes, are quite obviously red and the images show not a hint of the colour. Plus, the Arrows tend to fly below the cloud base whist in transit to a show, makes it easier to navigate, and at such a height they should be far more accurately pictured..

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I think this is likely. There's no dates in the article (or ensuing cut and paste and rejiggle articles), just Nick Pope saying that he's discounted the Red Arrows. I don't believe him.

Google started mapping London during 2008:

www.out-law.com...

In the photo it looks quite warm.

It's 2009 and it is not yet summer, and the weather here has been pretty poor. Therefore the picture was taken earlier than 2009, or took place on a day that was warm. I don't think shopkeepers would risk putting goods outside if there was any chance of rain. I think it was taken in 2008.

To be specific 24th August 2008 - the day of the Olympic hand-over, in which the red-arrows performed, I've seen other photos which suggest it was a warm or mild day:

www.london-se1.co.uk...

Someone else pointed out in the other thread that if you pan around you can actually see people looking up and taking pictures with their phones. I feel like an idiot for not seeing them the first time.

The planes are not red because they look like they've used very wide-angle lenses (then corrected the images in software) which cause large amounts of distortion on the peripheries of the image (check out the tops of the lampposts - they should be straight).

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If the images were taken in June ... it could well be the fly past for the Queens birthday... its the 13th of June this year but the date varies over the first 3 weekends in June..

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Very obvious (to me at least) that this is the diamond formation of the Red Arrows display team, as others have already pointed out here, and on the other thread.

The reason they look like spheres (which has caused a lot of confusion on the duplicate thread) is that:

a) the jets are out of focus
b) that portion of the image is more compressed than the rest
c) the angle is quite tight, from a head-on perspective

I don't have a problem with the Sun reporting so much of the UFO activity; at least they don't label UFO-believers as nutters. I do wish the more 'intelligent' papers would contain more reports though...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It's not the Red Arrows....it's a flight of Tornado Gr3s...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The objects in the picture appear round, and not red. Looks nothing like what you posted. Do the Red Arrows fly grey/silver orbs? You better explain..
Also it should be quite easy to find out if the Blue Angels where doing a semi-risky formation right over populated london houses. Something Im sure they love to do..right?

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I'll post here what I posted on the other thread:

It looks to be The Red Angels (or other similar aircraft) flying overhead in a diamond nine formation:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/001600409b60.png[/atsimg]

homepage.ntlworld.com...

Of all the formations flown by the Red Arrows, Diamond Nine is the most recognisable, and indeed has become the team's signature formation, which means that it features in the display every year. When watching the Red Arrows in Diamond Nine formation, look for symmetry between the left- and right-hand sides, and for the formation to be of good length.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by atsbeliever]

[edit on 31-3-2009 by atsbeliever]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I have found some similair pictures only from real recognizable planes with even worse zoom.

Compare

This one

with

The one in the OP

And

now zoomed out

with

The one in the OP

The picture resolution of Google streetview is not that crap that it will compress a plane into a ball.

No plane, imo.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Harman]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I tend to agree with Harmon. Even with crappy resolution, I can't make out a plane..where as those crappy res examples, it was clearly a plane.
Just my $.02......Nick Pope cant figure it out either,and that's what he does for a living.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Striker122
reply to post by Pimpish

You might have looked at the wrong spot. Here it is on Google. You can spot the odd formation pretty easily.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Striker122]

If you click on the link to your pic and pan the camera around, you can notice that there are people on the other side of the street looking up with one guy even snapping a pic of it. So whatever it is, it's on someone's camera. I believe it was most likely the jets flying by though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join