It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five arrested in G20 terror probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Five arrested in G20 terror probe

news.bbc.co.uk

All five people are being held under the Terrorism Act.

The arrests were made after the 25-year-old man was arrested in Plymouth on the evening of 27 March on suspicion of criminal damage.

Police carried out a search of the man's address and the weapons and "material relating to political ideology" were seized.

The force spokesman said the operation has no connection to failed suicide bomber Nicky Reilly, 22, who was jailed for 18 years earlier this year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Thought this deserver a mention, this is in my home town.

On the face of it it does not seem to be a major incident.

A number of weapons and suspected imitation weapons, as well as "suspicious devices", were seized in searches a number of premises.

another source (I think it was the local rags website - but they have already removed the story) said some of the 'devices' were possibly flares.

I get the feeling this is more of an attention stunt than an attack.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
They are so full of themselves.

on suspicion of criminal damage.

Suspicion...

"material relating to political ideology"

That can be ANYTHING.

A number of weapons and suspected imitation weapons, as well as "suspicious devices", were seized in searches a number of premises.

Come on. Imitation weapon... what a threat! Weapon... in UK a kitchen knife is a weapon.... ``suspicious devices`` ... ridiculous.

Ridiculous. Once again.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

All five people are being held under the Terrorism Act.

All five people are held till forever without charges.for doing nothing act.

the whole G20 stinks and the smell becomes uglyr by the hour...

[edit on 30-3-2009 by whatshenneping]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Update....

The devices seem to be modified fireworks....

EXPLOSIVE devices made from fireworks have been seized from a Plymouth property during an anti-terror raid, police have revealed this afternoon.

ACC Netherton said: “They have adapted some fireworks. They are probably not even lethal.”

At the press conference, at Crownhill Police Station, ACC Netherton said police found a number of imitation firearms which included imitation automatic rifles such as a Kalashnikov.

He said that there was material related to political organisations was found, but he said it was not relating to extremist organisations.

He said this is simply being used by police to understand possible motives.

link

edit:
reply to post by whatshenneping

Yep I can see them already in orange jump suits in a windowless jet on their way to sunny Cuba

btw... wicked avatar

[edit on 30/3/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
How do they know that is the question, the policea re using mind control to monitor people,a nd that is why they know of anything, whether it is true or not. This is total bull, and trying to bring attention to this stuff beware the g20.

Uk is virtually a police state.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

So we were right again! BS arrestation, BS charges, abusing powers under terrorism... ALWAYS THE SAME.

There's no real terrorism, the real terrorists are in the government and in MI5.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

One of the kids was caught spray painting graffiti on a wall - the police are pretty hot on graffiti in certain parts of Plymouth... This brainiac was probably doing it right in the city centre - CCTV galore!

Then my guess because of the political nature and the G20 they searched the property, found a bit of weed and all the other stuff.

They don't exactly sound like a highly organised terror cell

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

btw... wicked avatar

Well tank you,

we need lots of those brave pingwinny's...

also plymouth,

also this common purpose charity "thing" verry active there
any here about this... locally perhaps...
i can use a new link....
www.cpexposed.com...

and yes, to bad it has to be orange since i am from holland... makes me feel ..

by the way this is gettng out off hand....in a couple of days
there is so much attention to it.. like they want all eyes on it...
but no camera's terror thread in advance... i don;t know,

just does not feel right somehow...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

So we were right again! BS arrestation, BS charges, abusing powers under terrorism... ALWAYS THE SAME.

There's no real terrorism, the real terrorists are in the government and in MI5.

Forgive me if i go slightly off topic here but just thought i would post it.......Operation Glencoe the police are calling it yeah? G20 etc etc!

Glencoe is a wonderful place but it is also famous for the massacre of 1692.....revolution and uprising etc....mmmmm...fishy!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Mmmmmm.... and the link to the G20 and any protesters is?

A bit like the Gaza convoy arrests a month or so ago - high profile arrests and house searches under the terrorism act, all headline news, and what happened afterwards?
Simple answer, those arrested were released without charge after a couple of days but, by this time, the event and possible links to terrorists had been placed firmly in peoples minds. No high profile reporting of the release of the detainees or retraction of previous press speculation was forthcoming.
That though was the the intent, tarnish the event and organisers in the eyes of the public to try and deter support.

It's all so blatant and ever more transparent.

top topics

join