It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Obama a chance to make good on at least 1 promise.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
We all have been Obama bashing lately. After only a few months into office he has pretty much broken all promises he made during his campaign. But there is one promise he seems to make on a daily basis, after every interview and or teleivised address. One promise that nobody else seems to pick up on or even discuss after the fact. I'm speaking of the promise "It'll get worse before it gets better."

This is one promise he needs to break. How much worse can it get? Is he trying to tell us something? One thing is for sure, when the SHTF he can easily sit back cross his arms and say, "I told you so."

Thoughts.....

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DazE777

How much worse can it get?

It can get substantially worse. We are just starting the nose dive. Wait until impact.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Is that how low the bar is being set for Obama?
At least 1 promise?
You can't go any lower than 1!

[edit on 30-3-2009 by GuyverUnit I]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
oh wow, another obama bashing thread. so now everyone can star and flag each other and feel better about themselves.

Trying to rack up some points huh?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hmmm, lets see. Over the weekend he forced out the head of GM, forcing Chrysler into a partnership with FIAT, both to me sound like blackmail,(either you do what I want or you get no money). Funny their wasn't any restriction on the bank an wallstreet bailouts.
Now with good ole BO taking charge of the big three I shutter? to think of what kind of cars he'll approve for them to build, which in turn will force them out of business, which will force their suppliers out of business an so on.
So, yeah, I have to agree with him on one thing, it's gonna get worse much, much worse.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Unfortunately Bush is not in office anymore.
So the onus being on Potus, it goes to Obama now.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Does anyone know if a sitting President has ever forced a CEO of a publicly traded company to resign before?

If Obama keeps up this pace, the bashing you are seeing now is just a taste of what he will deserve. He will not stop until his ideals are thrust upon the entire nation and when the govt. is sitting in every living room and board room across the country.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Thats not a promise, thats a fact.

Not one person can make this better (even if they did it the right way) without it getting any worse.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I ask this to anyone who will take a clean ear to listen...

Why on EARTH are you so surprised he didnt jump up and save us all?
Hes a freakin' politician, they lie, cheat, steal, to get elected! I dont
refuse to vote because it wont make a difference, I'm lazy, unpatriotic ect.
I refuse to vote because its all a sham! There is no lesser of two evils for me, its all the same evil called by different names.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I am perfectly happy with oppossing views and debating policies. That is fine and what America stands for.
What I have a problem with is just plain bellyaching and assumptions based on bitter resentment and blind partisan disgust.

Don't like the new embryonic stem cell research being reversed? Ok, say so and say why and if you have info to back it up, great.

But he sucks, and his followers suck more, is not. And it has greatly reduced teh quality of conversations that has gone on ats.

How many anti-obama threads have been started with no links, VIABLE links or vids involved? Like this one?

Guess what? I didn't even vote for Obama. I am just trying to get people to start debating with reasonable information again, and stop debating on just pure emotion and baseless reason. Obama is just giving me a platform.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Obama's $3.6 trillion budget blueprint, in his own words, redefines the role of government in our economy and society. The budget more than doubles the national debt held by the public, and will add more to the debt than all previous presidents -- from George Washington to George W. Bush -- combined. It reduce defense spending to a level not sustained since the days before World War II,(The Russians and Chinese are planning record Military spending) while increasing nondefense spending to the highest level in U.S. history. And it would raise taxes to historically high levels .

Now, with all of this spending in mind, he has yet to tackle our soon to be bankrupt Social Security and Medicare systems. What are his plans for this looming disaster?? I don't think he has thought that far in advance yet. But, he sure did get is NCAA picks submitted and he also managed a quick trip to shake hands with Jay Leno.

I don't even want to get started on his recently passed $6 billion GIVE ACT. I have already said my peace on that issue in countless threads.

How can anyone defend this type of spending? The massive increase in the size and involvement of the Federal Govt.?

Here is some video regarding Obama's spending.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here are the promises that Obama has kept, that keep getting ignored:

Lily Ledbetter Equal Pay Restoration Act

Create a $10 billion fund to help homeowners refinance or sell their homes. "The Fund will not help speculators, people who bought vacation homes or people who falsely represented their incomes."

Extend and index the temporary fix to the Alternative Minimum Tax that was passed in 2007

Expand eligibility for the Medicaid and SCHIP programs and ensure that these programs continue to serve their critical safety net function

Create a foreclosure prevention fund for homeowners

Direct military leaders to end war in Iraq. Oh he didnt' do it by the date promised. BOO HOOO
That was a mightt big promise to keep. So he didn't do it fast enough. hardly makes him the anti-christ.

Require new hires to sign a form affirming their hiring was not due to political affiliation or contributions.

Support increased funding for the NEA

Remove more brush, small trees and vegetation that fuel wildfires

Appoint at least one Republican to the cabinet

There are more but I think I have made my point.

Reverse restrictions on stem cell research

Then there are those still in the works.....

Create a tax credit of $500 for workers: Compromise.

Repeal the Bush tax cuts for higher incomes: In The Works.

Begin removing combat brigades from Iraq: In The Works.

Close the Guantanamo Bay Detention Center: In The Works.

Create cap and trade system with interim goals to reduce global warming: In The Works.

Create 5 million “green” jobs: In The Works.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Here are the promises that Obama has kept, that keep getting ignored:

Lily Ledbetter Equal Pay Restoration Act

Create a $10 billion fund to help homeowners refinance or sell their homes. "The Fund will not help speculators, people who bought vacation homes or people who falsely represented their incomes."

Extend and index the temporary fix to the Alternative Minimum Tax that was passed in 2007

Expand eligibility for the Medicaid and SCHIP programs and ensure that these programs continue to serve their critical safety net function

Create a foreclosure prevention fund for homeowners

Direct military leaders to end war in Iraq. Oh he didnt' do it by the date promised. BOO HOOO
That was a mightt big promise to keep. So he didn't do it fast enough. hardly makes him the anti-christ.

Require new hires to sign a form affirming their hiring was not due to political affiliation or contributions.

Support increased funding for the NEA

Remove more brush, small trees and vegetation that fuel wildfires

Appoint at least one Republican to the cabinet

There are more but I think I have made my point.

Reverse restrictions on stem cell research

Then there are those still in the works.....

Create a tax credit of $500 for workers: Compromise.

Repeal the Bush tax cuts for higher incomes: In The Works.

Begin removing combat brigades from Iraq: In The Works.

Close the Guantanamo Bay Detention Center: In The Works.

Create cap and trade system with interim goals to reduce global warming: In The Works.

Create 5 million “green” jobs: In The Works.

Who is the token republican in his cabinet full of DC, Clinton and Wall Street cronies?

The astronomical costs associated with cap and trade will simply be passed on to you and me in the form of higher utility bills and higher costs of everyday consumer goods. The suppliers and manufacturers will not absorb the cost. They have a profit margin to protect.

Don't forget the increase in cigarette taxes. He is keeping his promise on that. Glad I don't smoke. I feel sorry for all of those who smoke and are stressed out about losing their jobs, homes and businesses. Those folks are probably smoking more now than ever before.

Don't forget that he is sending troops to the new war in Afghanistan. From one desert to another. Bye bye Iraq, Hello Afghanistan. We now have an "Overseas Contingency Operation" to win.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Oh, I think he's doing everything possible to fulfill that promise. So far, I don't think he's done one, single, positive thing for this country.

Even had he flipped a coin to make decisions, statistically, he would have made 50% bad decisions and 50% good decisions.

To run the table by doing the absolute worst thing in every situation, I must say I'm impressed. No one in history had numbers like that.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You have to be kidding, right?
Shutdown the war in Iraq---cool---but increase the size of the military and move them into Afghanistan.
Create a fund for those that don't pay their bills. Hey, I pay mine and get nothing?
Require new hires to sign a form affirming their hiring was not due to political affiliation or contributions. Now thats just silly, I'll bet he didn't sign one.
Create cap and trade system with interim goals to reduce global warming. Read this closely---carbon tax paid to the U.N. (look it up)
Repeal the Bush tax cuts for higher incomes. But print up and give trillions more than any taxes will ever cover to companies who failed so badly, they would have to cease business and allow a smarter or more innovative business model to replace them.
Expand eligibility for the Medicaid and SCHIP programs, but force our injured soldiers to pay for their own treatment and rehabilitation.
No new taxes on anyone making less than 250k a year. Except for sin taxes, and a new sin is being created almost daily. Tobacco is already done, alcohol is next, carbon tax soon to follow, and I am sure that the evil ones who take planes, trains or automobiles will soon have to pay for their crimes against nature.

Seriously, most of us had to listen to 8 years of Bush bashing, most of it warranted (I am a libertarian), and now it's time for Obama to be on the hot seat and be called out by the people who elected him.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
At this rate Obama is going to go down as one of the worst Presidents in U.S. history...

The WSJ just came out with an article today about how his "cap and trade" carbon plan will cause serious damage to U.S. workers and the U.S. economy. He is trying to push these pet projects without paying any heed to the eonomic crisis. It's insane!

online.wsj.com...

He needs to start pushing programs that will HELP prices go DOWN and people find jobs, not increase prices and limit jobs. Why is he not doing this?

- Boat

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gotrox

LOL didn't see this coming from a mile away like a freight train.

The thread is about promises that he has not kept.

So I create a list of promises he has kept, and it turns into bashing those promises.

Point is, there are plenty of promises that he has kept. Has nothing to do with whether you like them or no.

You folks are actually getting quite predictable. I suggest you change your routine.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Thank you for being on the more rational side. I appreciate the vid too.

As for social security and medicaid, that is absolutely subjects that need careful consideration and study. I would not want ANYONE to hastily make decisions on those, would you? Much less in 60 days.

You don't know that he doesn't have people looking at those do.

While yes, we are in insane debt, as many like to point out, he is following many bush doctorines, many, but not all.

If Bush had kept with the same spending, lets not forget the first bailout was his, would there be as much criticism from the right, do you think? Or since it was GW it is ok?

Just like any policy, you can't predict the end. While yes, at the current rate of spending, our debt could triple. I really don't think Congress and BO would no have the forethought to recoup that money somehow. (yes, I know this could greatly be debated.:lol
But I do think that they do have some forthought to recoup the money. Not just through taxes, but by reductions in spending, and the companies paying interest, and by bringing up the economy to former levels, you start having the tax revenue again.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by degenerate oto
I ask this to anyone who will take a clean ear to listen...

Why on EARTH are you so surprised he didnt jump up and save us all?
Hes a freakin' politician, they lie, cheat, steal, to get elected! I dont
refuse to vote because it wont make a difference, I'm lazy, unpatriotic ect.
I refuse to vote because its all a sham! There is no lesser of two evils for me, its all the same evil called by different names.

But I thought Obama was hope and change and not the same old Washington politician owned by lobbyists.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by jibeho

I am perfectly happy with oppossing views and debating policies. That is fine and what America stands for.
What I have a problem with is just plain bellyaching and assumptions based on bitter resentment and blind partisan disgust.

Don't like the new embryonic stem cell research being reversed? Ok, say so and say why and if you have info to back it up, great.

But he sucks, and his followers suck more, is not. And it has greatly reduced teh quality of conversations that has gone on ats.

How many anti-obama threads have been started with no links, VIABLE links or vids involved? Like this one?

Guess what? I didn't even vote for Obama. I am just trying to get people to start debating with reasonable information again, and stop debating on just pure emotion and baseless reason. Obama is just giving me a platform.

OK so make it simple,

1. What has he done right so far then??
or easier yet
2. what did he promise that he has kept since his election??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join