It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Central London CCTV ruled ILLEGAL - ahead of G20 summit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Yep your right there, it is total incompetecne, the people that get these jobs cannot tie there own shoe laces, they never think things thrugh at all, everything has to be about now.

Some leaders they must be, and people wonder why we do not want these scum running our lifes.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Sorry but I'm thinking, as well a colleagues take on the matter that something will happen during the protests and therefore we won't be able to see from the usual CCTV footage we get.

Anyone else smelling the bacon being warmed up?

Besides the councils all know that CCTV is a big money spinner for them , mainly for traffic offences and spying on the populace, I'm sure they would 'invest' in the best system they can to ensure they're always in the right, moneys no object to these people remember.

Its either just another excuse to 'lose' money in the system, whilst saying "we had to update our CCTV " when in actual fact they haven't but the moneys gone anyway, or its an excuse to 'turn off' the cameras for a false flag event and then blame it on the protestors to instill fear in the public to make the public believe that the Government is actually here to protect us.

I favour the latter.

Probably it will be a peaceful protest then you 'll either get a rogue 'anarchist' or 'fantical extremist' setting off a bomb or bio weapon, and then the Policy Farce move in and 'disperse' the crowds in their own 'special' way.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Our mobile CCTV van has recently been fitted with advanced cameras and digital recording capability as well as having its potential deployment hours tripled thanks to increased funding. We have now also acquired two extra CCTV vans to patrol the streets as part of our Civic Renewal blueprint to improve the City. The mobile CCTV team also has covert surveillance equipment for use when high visibility equipment is undesirable

they are full off it.... read the last line!!!! word!!

Here are some examples of what the CCTV system/CCTV van may be used for:

Deter anti social behaviour
Disrupt and prevent street crime
Look for illegal waste dumping
Observe unlicensed activity in entertainment premises
Observe fraudulent behaviour
Gather evidence for court proceedings
Identify persons wanted by the police
Crowd control
Emergency planning

sure it is all not legal..hahaha... and not working....

see you in the court proceedings. after we id you in crowd control "as it is OUR emrgengy"...but all off line....

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

I'm not a gambling man

this is no gamble

i would put a complet crisis on it...
thats how save this one is..

i wonder who is buying all this... those people you have to look out for .if you ask me..

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Anyone else smelling the bacon being warmed up?

i tell you what i smell...

history..

and sitting around to long waiting for what's gonne happen instead of...

preparing for something to happen.

BONK BONK.at the door...Aufmachen!!... than all you hear than is

What happend...

how many more signs do WE need..and not just on ATS...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I just posted this thread...

Five arrested in G20 terror probe

It doesn't directly relate to the camera issue but I thought I'd mention it.

Maybe the real worry for the authorities is the wireless nature of the camera network? Say for instance there are loads of small scale events that would be great publicity for the protesters - had these been caught on the wireless network that could be 60 angles of view that could possibly be hacked and recorder? Then instantly on youtube and the likes.

With the hard wired system they are more secure.

Just a thought, I also agree with essan about this being planned so someone can make more money putting the camera right.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

April fools anyone?
The naming of the police opperation as Opperation Glencoe is pretty dodgy as well...

Mass murder of all the high profile world politicians at the excel on the 2nd?

Why has the bbc site got a breaking news story on the homepage about Jaquie Smiths house expenses claim (which happens to be about the same ammount claimed by many MPs) yet they have no link to the actual story, seems like trying to incite more backlash...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Maybe the real worry for the authorities is the wireless nature of the camera network? Say for instance there are loads of small scale events that would be great publicity for the protesters - had these been caught on the wireless network that could be 60 angles of view that could possibly be hacked and recorder?

That was my thought too...in fact for 250 quid you can get a handheld wireless-camera scanner from your local Maplin electronics store

* A counter-surveillance device designed to readily locate any wireless hidden camera
* Operates within a range of 152 metres (500 feet)
* 2.5-inch TFT hi-res LCD screen shows the image of a nearby camera so that you see what the watcher sees
* 1.25-inch LCM display shows battery level, receiver sensitivity, alarm audio on/off and frequency during scanning
* Frequency range to be scanned: 900MHz~2.7GHz
* Lightweight, portable, operated by 4 x AA 1.5V batteries (3~5 hours) or the included 5V power supply
* The scanner can find wireless cameras in NTSC, PAL, colour or B/W
* Can be used as a portable receiver for any wireless camera you have

And don't forget the mobile-phone jammers too!

[edit on 30-3-2009 by citizen smith]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The article only mentioned 60 cameras out of action.
this is only a fraction of the total,believe me i live in london
you can't wipe your arse without it being recorded.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mrlondon

Operation GLENCOE!

Glencoe is famous for being such a peaceful and stunning area in Scotland! Its also famous for a massacre in 1692....the "The Glourios REVOLUTION"....Why the hell would you name this operation after a uprising and atempted revolution against the english monarch?...mmmmm

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr.man
reply to post by mrlondon

Operation GLENCOE!

Glencoe is famous for being such a peaceful and stunning area in Scotland! Its also famous for a massacre in 1692....the "The Glourios REVOLUTION"....Why the hell would you name this operation after a uprising and atempted revolution against the english monarch?...mmmmm

The Massacre of Glencoe occurred in Glen Coe, Scotland, in the early morning of 13 February, 1692, during the era of the "Glorious Revolution" and Jacobitism. In Gaelic, the event is named 'Mort Ghlinne Comhann' (murder of Glen Coe). The massacre began simultaneously in three settlements along the glen—Invercoe, Inverrigan, and Achacon—although the killing took place all over the glen as fleeing MacDonalds were pursued. Thirty-eight MacDonalds from the Clan MacDonald of Glencoe were killed by the guests who had accepted their hospitality, on the grounds that the MacDonalds had not been prompt in pledging allegiance to the new monarchs, Mary II and William II. Another forty women and children died of exposure after their homes were burned.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
oooohh big time mesa thinks I smell a rat .....big rat ....we defintly need people on the ground in there so we know the truth.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
aside from the huge coincedence.. yeah right ..

Are all the convictions obtained with these camera's? going to be overturned?

i mean if they are not up 2 spec.......... then they never have been...

Of course not!!!

there is another reason ...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
As the international sales rep for a CCTV surveillance company, I can tell you that problems always arise with the setup of CCTV systems in the public sector.

HOWEVER image quality is always one of the first things a customer looks at. It is NEVER something they overlook, especially since every customer tests samples for 6 months to a year or more if it's under a government contract.

They would have noticed the difference a long time ago!!! Their agent would have all the knowledge about CCTV systems to make sure they get a 720 x 576 CCTV system before investing 15 million on it!

My UK customer supplies to the London metropolitan police, and they use 640 x 480 VGA image quality. Moonwhile the difference between 704 x 576 and 720 x 576 is so minor, no one can tell the difference in quality.

In conclusion from my experience working in a CCTV surveillance company, it is BS! Get prepared for Mayhem!! There's something fishy going on here!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ho chi minh

But are the 60 cameras the ones that will be pointed at the march? The other cams may be taping your arse wiping, but while they care less about your arse, they may have turned off all the cams pointing at the areas where the protesters will meet the police. Just the essential cameras, not the loo cams ;-)

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Oh yea, that is very suspicious, and you're right, I can't see any logic to that decision. Very good job recognizing two possible outcomes- (1) Something tragic happens and all of the CCTV cameras "fail" to catch it. (2) It is used as an excuse to further intrude on people by way of recording and tracking.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It sounds like the police don't want any cameras catching them beating the crap out of protesters. The british government has gotten real bad about control lately.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have a theory about the missing 16 lines. In american broadcast applications, closed caption information is sent on line four.

It could be possible that a plethora of demographic information is being sent to HQ along with the video, encoded in the missing 16 lines. things like traffic volume, pedestrian volume, and the like. In theory they could have enough space to run programing algorithms, like say, if a person in a yellow hat walks about three times then zoom in and watch more carefully.

Just a theory. 704 lines of resolution isnt a very standard format, at all. the only place ive ever heard of its usage is in CCTV, which makes since.

it just sounds like a timing coincidence, as the BBC article makes little mention of the G20.

Also, you have to keep in mind that they are talking about a very small portion of cameras in one of the most taped cities on the planet. To me, it just sounds like they are turring off the red light cams.

IMO, What really differentiates this protest from the RNC and the DNC here in the states is the fact that the public over there now has no legal ground to stand on when it comes to taping officers while doing their job.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So I used a little tool called Google Earth and looked up the Excel Center in London. It is in a shabbier neighborhood without a lot of tall (lookout) buildings surrounding it. There are still a couple of locations that could serve as a crow's nest such as the Excel center hotel.

I believe that it is imperative for citizens with high-res cameras a video equipment to monitor what is going to be going on.

I further believe that it is blatantly obvious that cameras are being turned off to hide the methods of crowd control that are going to be going on.

You don't necessarily have to participate in the protest, but if you are in the area and care what is going to be going on there, it is your duty to help document it to the best of your ability.

I only wish that I could be there so I could help in this task myself.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Andy, you're always full of random BS about the Police.

How on earth could you possibly know/think that police would be interested in watching people in their own homes.

How are they even doing this? What technology are they using? Under what Law are they operating?

Elaborate!!

Alas, I know you won't though. You'll come back with another baseless retort about the Police being scum/pervs because you got roughed up once (probably for being a tit when breaking the law)

Back your claims up!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join