It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Central London CCTV ruled ILLEGAL - ahead of G20 summit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Central London CCTV ruled ILLEGAL - ahead of G20 summit

www.guardian.co.uk

The security operation at this week's G20 summit was thrown into chaos last night when it emerged that the entire network of central London's wireless CCTV cameras will have to be turned off because of a legal ruling.

The Department for Transport (DfT) has ruled that Westminster council's mobile road cameras - a third of the authority's CCTV network - "do not fully meet the resolution standards required" and must be switched off by midnight tomorrow.

The blackout begins on the eve of the summit, when world leaders arrive in the capital and protesters take to the streets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Wow, what a coincidence right?!........

Doesn't this seem a little suspicious to anyone? I wonder if something big happens during the G20 summit as the so-called "terror alert" will have you believe?

If (god forbid) something happens, there will be much less chance of having any kind of surveillance.

Perhaps if something does happen, people will cry out for yet more CCTV that will never be switched off and higher resolution?

This doesn't seem to have any kind of logic to it, especially when security must be so high

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

This comes at the same time that the obvious scaremongering propaganda is released about 5 would be bombers at the G20

Five Britons arrested over G20 explosives stunt plan

Plot to disrupt G20 summit follows warnings by police that protesters are planning to bring London to a standstill

I think we need some people from ATS to take a camera just for the purposes of monitoring the situation because I'm pretty sure the police will know damn well that they are not being watched.......... oh wait, it's now illegal to record police officers

So, there will be literally no evidence, and if you somehow come up with any videos or photos of police brutality you'll be labelled a terrorist.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
wow this is very strange indeed, the first thing that crossed my mind was that if the security forces have been told to be a little more rough with protestors that havin less cctv would protect them from beeing witnessed using brutality. ( sorry if that didnt make much sense lol ).

Also as you said maybe this will create a cry for more cctv cameras.

hmmm it just seems to be too much of a coincedence that it will be switched off on that date and time, and also when ya have heard the rumours of this so called virus on april the 1st, could switching off these cameras have something to do with protecting them from this virus, many possibilities lay with this one, thanks my friend xx peace

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I think this is just an attempt for the TPTB to hide what they see as a real chance of ousting our government.

London is a very difficult place to secure, there are millions of tiny paths and tunnels leading everywhere. If more than a few thousand enter London with the direct intent to overthrow government, they wouldn't stand a chance in defending it without using weaponry.

There is a real and direct threat to government this week, and they know it. Don't underestimate the power that just a few thousand people will have.

They don't want this shown to the people and they certainly don't want the evidence of their excessive force on camera for investigation later.

This is worrying, and it shows that they are deadly serious about preventing their government from being threatened.
Mark my words, there is a real chance that many could be seriously injured (or worse) in London this week at the hands of our "democratic government".

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The protesters will ahve their own recording devices, so any violencetoward them by TBTB will be on record, have no fear.

But it is well sus, just before the G20, they "realise" that all CCTV is useless?

I call BS.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
The protesters will ahve their own recording devices, so any violencetoward them by TBTB will be on record, have no fear.

But it is well sus, just before the G20, they "realise" that all CCTV is useless?

I call BS.

Yep, unless it is seized during arrest.

Something else occurred to me...

I was told last night that there is a threat to the internet this week too.

I'm just making talk here, but if you didn't want the public to see what was really happening in London and prevent you being held accountable later, you'd take out CCTV, you'd find a way to switch off the communications systems too. No internet.

If I see mention of the mobile phone network going down this week I'll have no doubt that this is all an attempt to prevent the public from knowing what is really happening in the streets of London.

I fully expect a media blackout this week, with the exception of the BBC reporting violent clashes caused by unruly protesters.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
this is way to obvious right??
to me it is "no witnesses"

i had a bad feeling about this G20 all along.

this is THE statement. it WILL get ugly, kickoff to summer of rage.

As predicted the cannot be wrong....nooooo impossible

All hell can break lose taser away all means allowed thats what is says.!!!

wireless camera's all have to come down the day before...
why???resolution...yeah right... to start up the secret system...?? un- official eyes on the street document and save, id them and track them down silently..????

even if you have een iq off een egg you won't buy this.
if you make some good footage there you can make lots off money also.

brown is playing one off his dirty games ...

off couse people will sream for more cams...standard...
This is just against the protesters they will try to let them "think" the cams are off they will be setup somewhere...
to document people... high resolution...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
They must really take us for idiots if they think we are going to fall for this lame excuse.

I guess they don't want their agent provocoteurs caught on cameras stirring up trouble or worse still, video evidence of a false flag operation if they decide to do one.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I smell a false flag here! This week is going to be very interesting indeed. Camera phones at the ready. Great thread deservedly starred and flagged.

Good luck

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
hm how about this people...

it will be full off undercovers they want them on tape??!!??...
that would be a good reason...and on 911 all comm was out..

all clocks stopt at a certain time...

now this...

every thing is connected....

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Working at Bank I'll have a good view of the 'protest' from one of the higher floors, I'll be watching the protestors , So if I spot any 'unruly' behaviour from the Policy Farce then I'd tape it .
They're all supposed to outside my work anyway.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Working at Bank I'll have a good view of the 'protest' from one of the higher floors, I'll be watching the protestors , So if I spot any 'unruly' behaviour from the Policy Farce then I'd tape it

can't you put up a live cam or more...??? so we all know internet is down there... if it comes to that ,
and we can see whats going on...

[edit on 30-3-2009 by whatshenneping]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
These idiots (insert a multitude of profanity here) are dicking around over 16 yes that's sixteen pixels.

It is one of two things.

1. Complete lies and an excuse for the lack of coverage in the 'event of a terrorist act'.

2. A shining example of how diabolically stupid the political correctness ( an oxymoron if I ever heard one) of England has become.

Politically correct? How can anything be political and correct anyways?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I can't do that , but I'll have a word with some of the guys in the security department and see if they can run a spare camera or , at least copy the disks they use, that way if anything happens and TPTB try to confiscate it , then we'll have a spare.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

great !! that would be awsome.

to bad i am not working there.... i would hide my laptop there if i could, just record it so they don;t know of it;s excistance...

i am sure the area is packed...or going to be now..

CX

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It would be interesting to see which areas exactly were deemed as having illegal CCTV.

Who would bet a few quid that it was the same areas that they expected trouble in? I'd be up for it. I'm not a gambling man, but even i'd be up for that one!

How does the system work in London with CCTV? Does one company have them all, or does different companies have different zones/streets?

Just been looking through the Westminster Fixed and Mobile CCTV page, theres an attatched copy of the Codes Of Practice for CCTV around there if anyones interested.

Fixed & Mobile CCTV Systems

They seem to be quite confident in the article that they have the most advanced CCTV technology, it's just a shame that they have taken until just before the G20 to find out theres something up with it.

Coincidences like that could get tongues wagging yanno!

CX.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
London with its huge population of cameras and a third of the CCTV network is shut down?

"These are not just parking enforcement cameras, they're for public order and we've got the G20 world leaders coming. This is a complete disaster."

If they wanted disorderly conduct, they wouldn't need to shut down the cameras. This information doesn't change anything for the protesters. I don't think they would need to shut it down to 'stage' a false flag, they have the power to seize the footage.

It is still suspicious that 160 other cameras are kept turned on for the reason that they are "permanent"

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What about police watching peoples in there homes, hhmmm thats not illegal is it. Who cares about the cameras on the street what you should worry about is these perves, watching your little kiddies undress to have a bath, i am so glad i never will bring someone into this world.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The BBC is saying....

The DfT said it has not prevented the use of the cameras for any other purposes but added that the cameras need to be upgraded for parking enforcement.
link

So if that's the case isn't this a storm in a tea cup?

Or would the offices that monitor the cameras be shut down? - they are wireless, presumably they could be accessed by the security.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
These cameras are "newly installed".

The real story IMO is the one which always gets forgotten by conspiracists - gross incompetence. Yet again.

Spend £15m installing new cameras. Meanwhile law gets changed and you have to replace them all. So were they aware of the imminent law change before they were ordered? Should they have been?

Why pay monkeys when you can get humans to c*ck it all up so much better.

Although I suppose it's possible they did know these cameras weren't up to spec, but went ahead with the deal planning to use the G20 conference as a way to get around the law. Might be interesting to know where the cameras came from and who ordered them. And who has just bought a brand new yacht?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join