It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bounding the Global War on Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I did a quick search on this and couldn't find this posted anywhere. If it has, my apologies.

I am submitting a study by Jeffery Records of the Strategic Studies Institute.

Here is the link

I think it raises valid points concerning the war on terrorism and the U.S.'s subsequent involement in Iraq. I am interested in your opinions of this document, but just to give fair warning, it is a rather long read (62 pages). Enjoy!

(edited)
You must have Adobe Acrobat to read this.

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by FiberOptik]

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by Kano]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
failed to load up and plus it had errors. Im sure it was interesting though

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Nice

I read the first page only sorry just too tired right now but i am sure you'll loads of responses

Ans welldone for doing a search.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
i only read the summary so far and I would have to agree with Mr. Records. The War on Terrorism does have unrealistic objectives and does lack clarity and foresight. I also agree with him that War in Iraq was a detour from the War on Terrorism and has opened a new front for terrorism in the Middle East...i will try to read the rest later.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
(Bump)

I was hoping to get a little more reaction that this.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I read Dr. Record's report all the way thru. He makes some very intriguing observations, especially those regarding Iraq. Our president obviously focused way too much of his attention on the forcible removal of Saddam Hussain. And by doing so, focused the wrath of the middle East's terrorists on our military inside that country.

All the more reason for us to turn over the pleasure of running that country to its own people. Let them sort out their own problems and bring our military forces home.

I couldn't agree more with Record's opinion that the focus of a GWOT needs to be protection of our homeland and people. All else seems to be bogus.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by radstar
I read Dr. Record's report all the way thru. He makes some very intriguing observations, especially those regarding Iraq. Our president obviously focused way too much of his attention on the forcible removal of Saddam Hussain. And by doing so, focused the wrath of the middle East's terrorists on our military inside that country.

All the more reason for us to turn over the pleasure of running that country to its own people. Let them sort out their own problems and bring our military forces home.

I couldn't agree more with Record's opinion that the focus of a GWOT needs to be protection of our homeland and people. All else seems to be bogus.

Agreed with all of this.

I found the part about the war in Iraq being one of choice and not necessity especially insightful. Overall, a very well written document.

top topics

join