It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scale of 1-10, how much hope do you have for a better future?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

after reading the very end of your post...

i change my mind .. 2

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Hmm...

It's kind of hard to give a definitive answer.

I think a huge part of all the "Doom N' Gloom" is paranoia.

But, unfortunately, I could be wrong.

Anyway, I'll have to give it a 3 or 4.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I would give it the same as it has always been, a 5. That 5 comes with a (1/10 at any stage though I do not know the day nor the hour). The caveat is no more or less likely now than it has ever been, just be prepared as if either might happen tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
2-3 on the scale , the problem are super bankers like Rothshchild and their minions who are going to wreck havoc

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
IMO, I give it a five. We'll break even somehow. Crap always happens, things always get better, crap happens again.

It's in our blood. It's generational. We just have to jack things up in order to create something new.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
My view is shaped by this:

The Fourth Turning

Now might be a good time to review The Fourth Turning: What the Cycles of History Tell Us About America's Next Rendezvous with Destiny by historians William Strauss and Neil Howe. The authors’ thesis is that all historical periods are "post-war periods" and every 80 years or so a human cycle of four generations concludes itself in catastrophe and rebirth.
“Just after the millennium,” the authors write, “America will enter a new era that will culminate with a crisis comparable to the American Revolution, the Civil War, the Great Depression, and World War II. The survival of the nation will almost certainly be at stake.”

The book explains why the great gods fall like the petty gods; each becomes "post-seasonal" and submits to the ravages of time. It is the catastrophic failure of systems that have run their course that causes the turnings.

en.wikipedia.org...(book)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'll throw out a 10. The pattern goes depression - war - booming economy - depression - war - booming economy.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Karl,

To be honest, I would have to give it a 5, because that is like a 50/50.

A lot of the future depends on people, and I don't just mean as a group.

I say 50/50 because everyone has the capabiltiy of changing their own future. This is not a mass group type of situation.

If a person realizes they can change their own future, then hopefully they realize if it works for them alone, they can possibly help people realize that it will work for them, also.

Instead of just wondering what the future holds for yourself, think about others as well. What works for you, might be a benefit to others.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NateNute
I'll throw out a 10. The pattern goes depression - war - booming economy - depression - war - booming economy.

Dang, Nate.......ouch! You can expect that for yourself, but, please, don't include me in your plans!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I say 8. I know things are really bad and are only going to get worse. However I do see more people realizing what it going on and more people willing to make a change. Things always get worse before they get better. We as a people have to hit real rock bottom before we wake up 100% and take charge and make the changes necessary. I like to think positive for us since so many are negative. If you think positive and make things happen it will get better....Maybe it's wishful thinking but I have faith in ALL of us.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

On a scale of one to ten I would have to give it the same rating as I give myself: anywhere they want between 15 and 20.

Those who have the hope of the rapture, and eternal life in a place of eternal bliss, have no worries. A delusion or not, who cares?

For the rest of the humanoids it looks like things will be getting hotter and pretty darn horrific. Delusion or not, who cares?

I could be wrong, but at least I am optimistic as far as my future goes.

And everyone said, "Who cares?".

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Karl : An interesting collection of hope and despair.

As I see it . . a four (4) right now.
Next month . . a two (2), if the big one rocks southern California.

2010-2011 . . a five (5).

2012 . . a one (1), leaning towards a two (2).

2013 . .a five (5).

2014 and up . . a 6, a 7, an 8 . . . hello, God !

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
How much hope do I have for a better future? 10
I think we about to enter another Renaissance of human thought. It may take a terrible catylyst to bring it forth and I hope that it is not too terrible especially for me (selfish). Computer technology and modern science is the first stage that we will build upon. The only thing holding us back is a corporate greed which enables artificial power agreements.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'd have to say 1 but i'm not necessarily being pessimistic. I forget who i'm quoting but someone said "one of the joys of being a cynic is that you expect nothing, you get less and yet you remain serene." that pretty well sums it up, for me anyway.

TheAssociate

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I can't say that things are looking better....

North Korean insanity and swine flu have both hit since this thread started. I am really starting to think that next fall will make last fall look pretty mild.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
For the next 3 to 5 years it will be something between 2 and 4 depending on where and how you live, after that two possibilities: 1. the ones planning this prefab-apocalyps win, we get screwed and it will be one heck of a struggle getting out from beneath that iron fist of dictatorship but on the grand scale it will not last, it will destroy itself or people will get things right in the end in whatever way.

2. The people behind the coming prefab-apocalyps lose, they will go to far to fast, the population get smart and see it for what they are, greedy mechalomaniac misguided little dingbats and put a stop to it now instead of 20 years later. It will be a confusing and hard time because it would mean that the society as a whole has to be reinvented as we go but it will be over sooner, and that is good. I'll give it a 7-8 then when the dust has settled the mourning of the past has been done and all that.

In any of the two it is implausible that it will go over smoothly into a new situation, we have gone to far already, to many lines have been drawn in the sand and to many minds have been made up in a strict line of thinking excluding other ways of finding joy in life. A catalyst may be neccesary i'm afraid, just to shock people away from their comfort bubble.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Harman]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Honestly, 5

There are people who believe that there is more to life then work, home, and the government, and wish to do the extraordinary, then there is one side who are complete zombies to the media.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join