It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scale of 1-10, how much hope do you have for a better future?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I am just curious where people stand on the topic. When you think about the future (10-20 years), how optimistic are you?

1-10: 1 being complete annihilation - 5 being pretty much the same- 10 being a Utopian dream.

I would have to give it about a 3 or 4. I don't think that we will be wiping ourselves out in the next 20 years, although I wouldn't be surprised if we did. I don't see things getting any better either. I think things will continue to degrade over the next few decades. Everything we are going through feels very orchestrated and the people who are pulling the strings don't have utopia in mind for the average person. I think it is a matter of control and in the future we will be even more controlled / oppressed than we are now.

Where do you stand?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
sorry but this is a one liner

i think we both know that

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
You honestly think that the end of mankind will happen in the next 10-20 years? I don't see it happening that soon. I could be wrong though. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I have 100% hope for the future, because i belive more and more peoples eyes are being opend to whats really going on.

50 years ago, in fact less than even 10 years ago ,people had no idea of the infomation we have now, or can access at our fingertips today.

I just hope i live to see the spark that lights the whole world up.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I am just curious where people stand on the topic. When you think about the future (10-20 years), how optimistic are you?

1-10: 1 being complete annihilation - 5 being pretty much the same- 10 being a Utopian dream.

I would have to give it about a 3 or 4. I don't think that we will be wiping ourselves out in the next 20 years, although I wouldn't be surprised if we did. I don't see things getting any better either. I think things will continue to degrade over the next few decades. Everything we are going through feels very orchestrated and the people who are pulling the strings don't have utopia in mind for the average person. I think it is a matter of control and in the future we will be even more controlled / oppressed than we are now.

Where do you stand?

It is common knowledge that one does come before ten.

So my answer is 1 then count it right back up to 10.

Your question is an answer in my eyes.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

So what would you give it, 1-10?

I agree that the information age has been a pretty impressive thing to behold. Unfortunately, to me it just makes it apparent how helpless the people are now to the powers that be. Look around, these powerful people are now working very hard to restrict the free flow of info that we have on the net. The internet is now being called a threat to national security.... If they succeed at this, then we will fall right back to where we were.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
-20, the way i have been treated in life, i could not care what happens, i have seen what this world is all about. The scum get to live there lifes,a nd the victims pay all there lifes, for there crimes.

Great society, and i want nothing to do with it.

HHHmm do you think i am being a pessimist, lol.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Forgive me but the coffee isn't working like it should tonight. I just want to make sure I interpret your answer correctly. You are saying that you see a complete annihilation of mankind, which would then lead to utopia on Earth?

I guess I should have specified in my question that the rating needs to be in relation to mankind. Would a utopia for man still be a utopia if no one was there to see it?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

reply to post by XXXN3O

Forgive me but the coffee isn't working like it should tonight. I just want to make sure I interpret your answer correctly. You are saying that you see a complete annihilation of mankind, which would then lead to utopia on Earth?

I guess I should have specified in my question that the rating needs to be in relation to mankind. Would a utopia for man still be a utopia if no one was there to see it?

Apologies, its my coffee thats not working this afternoon.

Ill rephrase it, down to 2 then count back upto 10.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I agree with you. In the next 20 years I would say 3 or 4. But I do think that we can reach at least 8 or 9 in the next 100 or so years. Unfortunately, I think 1 will happen long before 100 years is up.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Gotcha. I guess that would be a bit of a biblical view of things. Going from Armageddon to Heaven on Earth.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Gotcha. I guess that would be a bit of a biblical view of things. Going from Armageddon to Heaven on Earth.

Yes, it would seem but I am not a christian as such.

Just from the way things are going.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii
I agree with you. In the next 20 years I would say 3 or 4. But I do think that we can reach at least 8 or 9 in the next 100 or so years. Unfortunately, I think 1 will happen long before 100 years is up.

I just don't ever see it being in the 8-9 range. I think that it is "possible" but I don't think that mankind is capable of it. It would take a concerted effort by some genuinely selfless leaders to make it happen. Looking back throughout history, leaders like that are very rare and when they do come... they get killed. We are a people that are always led by the most corrupt and power hungry of the species. I just don't see that ever changing and so long as it doesn't change, I don't see our future ever improving.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I dont mean to sound soo gloomy.. and not really in that timescale no.. ill give us 100 years max befor something happens BAD BAD..

I hope we get off this rock asap and start acting like a race and not a bunch of headless chickens consumed by our own retarded self aragance and greed...

I could go on but i dont have that much faith in man.. i look at my window turn on my tv and not much warrents above 1 as far as i can see.

never know we may get lucky and the aliens come help but then again thats as bad as waiting for the dude upstairs

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I can definitely relate to what you are saying. I don't think we will wipe ourselves out that quickly. Things could be a terrible mess in 100 years but I think people will still be enduring it.

never know we may get lucky and the aliens come help but then again thats as bad as waiting for the dude upstairs

Maybe it is the same thing?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I can definitely relate to what you are saying. I don't think we will wipe ourselves out that quickly. Things could be a terrible mess in 100 years but I think people will still be enduring it.

Maybe it is the same thing?

Very good point.

Perception is everything.

Lets say Jesus came down from the sky (Hypothetically speaking)

Government would scream terrorists

Athiests would scream aliens

Satan worshippers would scream devil

Christians would shout praise the lord

Muslims would cry Allah

So on and so forth.

Only one would be right though in the end.

This is exactly the same for any event that happens, this was just an example.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Although some of my postings show that things aren't looking so hot right now I am the eternal optimist when it comes to 'us' (mankind, or people kind to the politically correct out there). There may be some time of 2 to 3 in the next 10 years but I believe that 6 to 8 will come soon after. Maybe not within 20 years but pretty close to it.

I believe that this 'hope' comes from being a parent of young children. You always want the future to be bright for them. However, I do believe that the mass awakening that I have experienced and witnessed others to experience over the past 5 years will have its impact on our future. Long established plans will be the things that will experience the '1' in this question. Not mankind.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Well put. I think we are on the same page.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

I believe that this 'hope' comes from being a parent of young children. You always want the future to be bright for them.

I wish my brain worked like yours. Sometimes I feel extremely selfish and guilty for bringing children into this world. The deck is so stacked against them that it is absurd. I just have to stop thinking about the future to avoid becoming extremely depressed. So, for you it brings hope... for me despair.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Ill give it a 10, i have to or else ill just blow my brains out, sometimes i see a bleak future, but i have hope in man kind, on whats right and true.

My eyes are open my friend and when i think back to my poor ancestors who couldnt read or write or wernt even allowd to. Im happy that at last we are all allowed to see for our selfs what kind of world we are born to.

IMO good will allways prevail over evil....it has to right?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join