It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth_Seeker

I just recently watched The Wrestler as well. Amazing movie.

Such a powerful line.

"I'm a broken down piece of meat and I deserve to be alone. I just don't want you to hate me"

Righteous Kill: a Pacino & DeNiro film. How can you do wrong? It was a bit of a box office bust and the critics were not any more receptive than the fans were. I just watched it this morning and I'd have to say I liked it. Certainly wasn't either actors best, or even in their top 5 or 10. But it was a good movie. I think the combination of these two in a movie sets unattainable expectations. I thought it was a good film, with some good acting and a decent story line. I'm not much of a critic when it comes to sound quality or editing, but at times I found the gun shots in the movie sounding quite cartoonish. I'd give it an 8/10.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
STATE OF PLAY
Russel Crowe and Ben Affleck.

I liked it, kinda a 1990's thriller.

Though the outcome was predictable from scene 2 and Ben Aflleck is really a bumface (as the southpark crew call him)

Russel Crowe is his predicatable good-actor self, even if tipping the scales at obese. Brando syndrome.

6.5/10

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I finally got a chance to watch the new Star Trek.

10/10

It was honestly the most fun that I have had at the movies in a long time. I was impressed at how quickly it draws you in. The woman sitting next to me was already crying 10 minutes into it.

All in all, a great movie. I was never much of a trekkie, so I am not sure how this would appeal to the die hard fans of the series but for a casual fan such as myself, it was fantastic.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Saw The Hangover over the weekend, and man, was that funny, two thumbs way up!

The funniest part is the last 5 minutes of the movie (where they find a camera that has pics from their forgotten night, and we are treated to a slide show)... How they kept the R rating is beyond me, with these pics... LOL....

I will never be able to erase the image of that little naked Chinese guy whipping their asses with a crow bar...as long as I live,

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The hangover -8/10

I saw the hangover yesterday.... was hilarious.
Really laugh-out-loud funny from start to finish.

The bit with the baby and his "arm" was soooo wrong but sooooo funny.

And yes....those pics were certainly explicit.... but the film was pretty explicit right through.

An excellent comedy i have to say.

Also recently seen

Drag me to hell... 7/10... scary and funny and gruesome

Star Trek 7/10....lot's of fun and keeps you hooked throughout.

I actually go to the movies way too much and have seen most new films.
I wont list them all..... that will do

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Me too, I go far more than I can afford to these days, but there are just some things that have to be seen on the big screen to be truly experienced.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I just saw the latest "Terminator"

There is something about movie watching that involves careing about the
characters and their plight in the movie. If the actors can't involve the audience [me] then the film fails imo.

The "terminator" failed.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Just watched The hangover, wasn't as funny as I thought it would be from reading reviews, but it was pretty good.

I give it 7/10.

Anyway it's funny, now when I think about it, most of my fav movies are asian.

I rarley give a movie 10/10 but some asian movies such as "the killer" www.imdb.com... with chow yun-fat makes me give it a 10/10, it's an older movie, but it just has everything that makes a great movie! And chow yun-fat is just at his best there... Probably my fav hong-kong movie.

And korean movie "Old Boy" www.imdb.com... is simply a classic....

Also nothing beats asian horror movies!

And my fav asian romantic comedy has to be "my sassy girl" www.imdb.com...

If your bored check them out.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
"Old Boy" was an incredible film...I highly recommend it...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Definitely man....

"Foreign" films in general are my favourite... But asian movies are also probably my favourite.

Visitor Q
Old boy
A tale of two sisters
Audition
The Ring

Too many to list really...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The Hangover: 9.5/10 I just watched this one at the theatre this evening. Hands down, the funniest movie I have ever watched. I would give it a 10/10 but I don't for two reasons. The asian character who makes a few appearances really annoyed me. And I felt three quarters of the way through it, it dried up a little bit as they tried to further the plot along and begin to wrap it up. But the dialogue throughout the film was beyond hysterical! Great characters and I thought the movie was better served by introducing newer actors to these roles, rather than having the Ferrel's, Vaughn's, etc. to do it.

In the last few minutes of the film, I lost all control and burst into laughter. When the time came to leave, I couldn't get up because I was still laughing. My fiance left me there and people had to walk around me as I tried to pull it together.

Go see it!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Just watched The hangover, wasn't as funny as I thought it would be from reading reviews, but it was pretty good.

Hope you stayed for the credits, that was some of the funniest stuff (and I'm guessing the censors didn't, otherwise, this would have been NC-17 or X, lol)....

I tried to watch Night Skies (UFO movie VERY loosely based on the Phoenix Lights, but then trying to make a horror schlock out of it). I'm cool with that, I can take some cheese, but damn this thing was SLOOOOOWWWW....and I just couldn't get myself to watch it after about 20 min. (and you know that's bad, when I can't sit through an Alien movie...I mean, I watch tons of documentaries on this stuff and I still couldn't take this).... I bought it fairly cheap a while back though, so one of these days I'll give it another shot. (and likely fast forward)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Definitely man....

"Foreign" films in general are my favourite... But asian movies are also probably my favourite.

Visitor Q
Old boy
A tale of two sisters
Audition
The Ring

Too many to list really...

Yeah there's a lot of quality out there, for those who only watch hollywood your missing out!

I've seen all those movies except Visitor Q,

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Hope you stayed for the credits, that was some of the funniest stuff (and I'm guessing the censors didn't, otherwise, this would have been NC-17 or X, lol)....

Oh yeah that was funny. You know there were some kids like 12 years old in front of me, they must have sneaked in.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I just saw the latest "Terminator"

There is something about movie watching that involves careing about the
characters and their plight in the movie. If the actors can't involve the audience [me] then the film fails imo.

The "terminator" failed.

Yeah it was the last movie I saw--total #

They totally ruined what could have been a real good movie!!!
No character involvement whatsoever and I found it stealing ideas from movies such as "mad max" and stuff.
I'd give it 4/10 and only cos I'm a huge terminator fan

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Yeah there's a lot of quality out there, for those who only watch hollywood your missing out!

I've seen all those movies except Visitor Q,

I wouldn't exactly recommend Visitor Q..... it's one of the most messed up films I've ever seen.... but is also really likable and enjoyable??
Strange i know.....

It's a Takashi Miike film....so you know it will be strange....and also great.

www.imdb.com...

But yeah.... as i said...too many to list....

I have many Spanish Flicks too.... a few French and Belgian movies.... all sorts really....but Asian movies do kick ass.

And yes...if anyone watches solely mainstream or hollywood movies.... you are most definitely missing out.

[edit on 15/6/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The hangover.. Need to see it again to catch it all. Awesome. 9/10

Up.. Sorry, but this is an absolute masterpiece. It really should be in the running for best film of the year. Its animated, but I haven't been moved like that in years, even with a bunch of whiny kids around me. Also, if you can stomach it, see it in 3d.. It adds so much. 10/10

Man, I haven't seen Old Boy in a long time, but its one of my favorite movies.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
On foreign films, I was happy not too long ago when Pan's Labyrinth got so many accolades.... I actually went and saw it in theaters (I still remember the teenage ticket clerk's expression as she was thinking 1.) what the hell movie is this, 2.) we're not showing that, are we? and 3.) holy cow, we are showing it...then 4.) who the hell are these people that want to see it?

A really great film, if you haven't seen it yet.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Oh definitely....and yes, i also saw it at the cinema.
A sublime and mesmerizing piece of cinema.
Absolutely amazing.

I'm glad, like with all the LOTR movies, i went and saw Pan's Labyrinth at the cinema... there are certain films that are "cinema musts" and that is definitely one.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I just watched "Special" with Michael Rappaport.

It is a dark comedy about a man leading a boring life that gets set up with an experimental trial of some new anti-depressants. The side effect of these new drugs makes him think that he has super powers. It is actually a pretty entertaining look at what would happen if someone went crazy and fully believed that they were a super hero. It is kind of funny and kind of depressing at the same time.

All in all, a good watch.

8/10

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join