It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Just saw Ip man on netflix.

Hands down one of the best martial arts movies made recently

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
the last excorsism - wasnt too bad, gets you thinking at the end. Was expecting some thing like hostel as eli roth was producing so glad it wasnt
6/10

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Just watched "Hurt Locker". Wow. Well told story in very quick scenes. Get ready for
a sit down cuz you just can't say "No don't pause it , just making popcorn". And what is really
interesting about this is the prologue quote compared to the last couple of scenes. This is
one war movie that really does leave it up to you to decide. I can see how pro- or anti- war
viewers would walk away vindicated. Well done. I have seen enough Iraq war movies that I
really didn't want to watch another one, but this one won Oscars and was directed by a woman
whitch really made me curious. Does anyone know of another war movie directed by a woman?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Just watched the sequel to the Dungeons & Dragons movie. It was under $5 at MovieStop, and we were there telling each other what we'd like for Christmas, so we picked it up.

It was actually MUCH better than I expected (as the first one, was utter crap). This was more of a D&D movie. Sure, it was kind of cheesy, but much closer to the source material, and D&D geeks will delight over mentions to rather infamous dungeon modules of the past (Barrier Peaks, Ghost Tower of Inverness, etc.). Was quite a nice surprise actually (though the CGI effects were of course lower budget...like what you'd see in a Hercules or Xena episode)...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Just watched the sequel to the Dungeons & Dragons movie. It was under $5 at MovieStop, and we were there telling each other what we'd like for Christmas, so we picked it up.

It was actually MUCH better than I expected (as the first one, was utter crap). This was more of a D&D movie. Sure, it was kind of cheesy, but much closer to the source material, and D&D geeks will delight over mentions to rather infamous dungeon modules of the past (Barrier Peaks, Ghost Tower of Inverness, etc.). Was quite a nice surprise actually (though the CGI effects were of course lower budget...like what you'd see in a Hercules or Xena episode)...

Will definetly take that into consideration, the first one was pretty lame but fun, would like to see a better idea for film.
Oh and btw I'm not a D&D fan, just a sci-fi,fantasy fan. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The Man from Earth

I score this one 8/10

I was looking through Netflix last night for something to watch. I happened across this film and decided to give it a go. I am glad I did. I wasn't expecting much, but it turned out to be one of the better movies I have seen in a while. No special effects in this one, just dialogue.

IMDB summary:

An impromptu goodbye party for Professor John Oldman becomes a mysterious interrogation after the retiring scholar reveals to his colleagues he is an immortal who has walked the earth for 14,000 years.

For those that haven't seen this, I highly recommend it.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Saw Death Note 1 and 2 and both are amazing. If you like anime and psychological films, you'd like this.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Last i have watched paranormal activity 2 movie,this is very nice movie,This movie is very horror but i like it.

www.pzack.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Wow, this thread has been quiet lately. Nobody watched anything good lately?

Last night I was browsing Netflix and happened across a movie called Exam. The premise sounded interesting, so I gave it a go. I was pleasantly surprised by this psychological thriller. It is one of those movies where you find yourself playing "armchair detective" along with the actors, trying to figure out exactly what is going on. I give this movie a solid 7.5/10. I definitely recommend it.

Here is a brief synopsis provided by IMDB:

Eight talented candidates have reached the final stage of selection to join the ranks of a mysterious and powerful corporation. Entering a windowless room, an Invigilator gives them eighty minutes to answer one simple question. He outlines three rules they must obey or be disqualified: don't talk to him or the armed guard by the door, don't spoil their papers and don't leave the room. He starts the clock and leaves. The candidates turn over their question papers, only to find they're completely blank.

edit on 7-1-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
TheGreenBeautiful
This is one of my all time favourite moves.

9 parts all here
www.youtube.com.../u/9/C5CmMm_SRpM
edit on 7-1-2011 by way I man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
feast part two, while the first. Was good this went in thee way of most sequels over done gore pointless nudity and terrible acting. Why bother I wonder

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The past couple weeks i watched so many movie,most of them really bad.Here we go:

Red-Great movie.John Malkovich ROCKS. 9/10

Expandables-i still don't understand why i watched it.Way toooo predictable 6/10

Snoop Dogg's hood of horror-A bad movie.4/10

The Condemned-A scary movie.It's not horror,but it's the future of reality/web television. 8/10

Alone in the dark 2-Just stay away.Don't watch.1/10

Death row-Only the splatter part of the movie was ok(if you watch splatter).The rest was boring 3/10

Seven mummies-No reason for this movie to exist.A waste of money and my time 2/10

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I went to the movies and saw Despicable Me in 3D a while back. I liked it so good we just purchased the DVD combo and rewatched it.

It is a "cartoon" movie, but there is more than enough adult humor thrown in for us parents to enjoy it as much if not more than the kiddies!

Two thumbs up!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I just saw RED with bruce willis, rather enjoyable and had a nice not to serious feel to it! 7.5/10 good but not memorable as say die hard 1

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/98ccaa6620ad.jpg[/atsimg]

Astronaut Sam Bell has a quintessentially personal encounter toward the end of his three-year stint on the Moon, where he, working alongside his computer, GERTY, sends back to Earth parcels of a resource that has helped diminish our planet's power problems."

Moon - IMDb

directed by David Bowie's son, Duncan Jones

9.5/10 (no movie realistically deserves a 10)
edit on 11-1-2011 by epitaph.one because: gargamel

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I just watched:

SKYLINE. It sucked. It was terrible, and the end was terrible, like a set up for part 2.

KNOWING, with Nicholas Cage, I liked this one.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Last movie was powder from the 90's.

Alright, but i also think humans will be androgynous one day.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Riverworld(2003)-If i compare it to the book 4/10.If not 6/10.
Tonight i will watch Riverworld (2010) and i'll get back to you.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Finally got around to watching the remake of the Dukes of Hazzard. It was actually entertaining, especially due to the casting choices.

Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg - didn't have a real big part, but was neat to see him doing anything these days.
Willie Neslon as Uncle Jessie - complete with pot smoking references.

But of course, the real story was Jessica Simpson as Daisy. Now, I always thought she was cute, but in this? She was smokin' hot. (and the video after the movie?, yikes!). Even the wife was thinking the same.

The movie itself was actually better than I expected, not much more than an extended episode, but I think they did a real homage to the original series. All the elements you expect (Boars Nest, Cooter, Enus, pond jumping, explosive arrows, etc.).

Was it GREAT cinema? No...but entertaining and nostalgic.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Invasion of the Body Snatchers - 1956

8/10

The original and still one of the best sci-fi/horror movies ever.... certainly one of the best of that period of cinema, the 50's.

It's just very gripping and holds your attention all the way through, I miss films like this.

Been on a real old movie kick recently...

Them, Tarantula, NOTLD, House on Haunted Hill, Plan 9 from outer space (lol) etc....

Have many more to get through too....
edit on 13/1/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join