It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
i recommend Inception ...director Cristopher Nolan getting better and better

9/10

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
last night we watched 2:

The Day The Earth Stood Still (with Keanu). Not bad. Not great, but not bad. Remakes generally tend to be just simple orgies of effects. This one avoided that, which was nice. Sort of. I still wanted that orgy.

Resident Evil Degeneration. CGI movie, but still a pretty good movie.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I just watched Inception and to be honest i didn't really see what all the fuss was about.... it's a good film, nothing more nothing less....

6/10

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

And the CGI wasn't even that great. It might have looked okay in theaters but in 1080p, it looked like your average video game.

(AVATAR) Yes, it was MUCH better in theaters, and in 3D. It loses a LOT on the small screen (even if you have a big screen). On my 47" (has to fit in the entertainment center, so was as big as I could go, hehe)...it really paled in comparison to the movie experience. (and the CGI was far more noticeable). In theaters, it really didn't look CGI...
edit on 10-11-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Toy Story 3. This is now one of my favorite movies I ever seen!
That monkey is dangerous! dangerous I tell you!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Next Day Air.

The director seemed to be going for Friday meets Snatch, which could have worked out well in theory, but he just didn't get it quite right.

After watching Donald Faison as a nerdy surgeon for years on Scrubs, he's just not that believable as the idiot stoner type. Mos Def was good, as usual, but he wasn't given nearly enough screen time. The other actors were okay, but just okay. Nothing special.

I chuckled a couple of times and enjoyed Mos Def's character, so I'm gonna say "watch it if you get a chance but don't run right out and buy it on DVD."

6 out of 10.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Saw grown ups last night. Very corny, almost a kids film. Had some funny parts, but sandler hasnt had a good movie in a while. I didnt care much for funny people as it crossed the fine line that makes crude funny then just plain old stupid.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The Founding of a Republic

The film retells the tale of the Communist ascendancy and triumph, and has a star-studded cast including Andy Lau, Ge You, Hu Jun, Leon Lai, Zhang Ziyi, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Zhao Wei, and directors Jiang Wen, Chen Kaige and John Woo, many of whom make cameo appearances so brief they could be easily missed; the leading roles are played by actors equally renowned in China, such as Tang Guoqiang and Zhang Guoli, but they are less well-known internationally.

As a fan of history. I have been studying the history of the Chinese Civil War and so forth. This movie presents the Communist party of China and the aftermath is a good light. I learned Chinese phrases and read hours of subtitles for this movie. I would give the person interested in this subject and a fan of Communism or the People's Republic of China a 8 out of 10. If you don't agree then 4 or 5 out of 10. There are many famous Chines celebrities and a great cast acting as great leaders of China, Russian and the U.S. This movie is very enjoyable and easy to get into.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Watched Law Abiding Citizen today and it was GREAT! 9/10

Also watch 12 rounds. Horriable movie. 1/10

And last but not lease The Book of Eli, another good movie. 8/10

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Just watched Hatchet, had robert englund as a small cameo. Was silly and entertaining, cant wait for the second one to be released. 6/10

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Paranormal activity 2..

Absolutely awful! I loved the first one and was expecting this one to be good as well.. I didn't have to hide behind my hands once! Not happy.

Also, I didn't really buy the whole 'our house got messed up once, so lets have camera's installed everywhere as a deterrent to this burglar'. It made no sense. I could understand a camera or two outside, maybe a security fence... but if all that other stuff didn't put a burglar off, why would camera's inside the house mean anything?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
So there was an article on MSN last week about the top 50 sci-fi movies of all time. I'd seen most of them but there were a couple that had escaped me. One was a really recent movie with Sam Rockwell called Moon, which happened to be available on NetFlix streaming. It came in on that list as #29.

So, I downloaded it and watched it. Had I not been expecting one of the great scifi movies of all time, I may have enjoyed it more. Rockwell certainly does a great acting job in it, but overall I don't think it would come in on my top 50 list.

By the way, the top 10 were-

10- Close Encounters
9- E.T.
8- Aliens
7- The Thing (the original from 1951)
6- Terminator 2
5- Star Wars Empire Strikes Back
4- Alien
3- The Matrix
2- 2001: A Space Odyssey
1- Blade Runner

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This past weekend, I watched movies with my wife.

Daybreakers - meh. Interesting, not much more.

Body Of Lies - this is a great movie. I have tried disliking Leo DiCapprio, but he is just a good actor. I thought this was an outstanding movie, detailing some of the concepts of the shady underworld of intelligence. One of the characters from Daybreakers was in this, which made us chuckle (we watched them back to back).

Inception - Another DiCapprio movie. I loved it. I love movies that delve into the mind and/or dream states. This one was every bit the confusing, mind based movie that I expected. But not too hard to keep up with, and very thought provoking. My wife said it was like The Matrix. I thought that same thing a few times.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

I'm surprised you didn't like it, if you liked the first. The second one was pretty much the same formula. It wasn't that they thought cameras would deter a burglar, but once you've been victimized, you just feel you have to do SOMETHING, and for him, that something was putting up a bunch of cameras.

And even I jumped at the kitchen cabinets scene...and I can pretty much sit through most any horror movie without a twitch.... Still though, you know what you like, just sorry you didn't get as much from the sequel, I actually liked it better, especially the non-cheesy ending.

Why is Blade Runner considered a top sci-fi movie? It's decent...but I never thought it was all that. Parts of it are quite boring really. I hope Tron was in the list somewhere. That movie got a bad rap...and I'm glad to see it being re-imagined...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Bluebelle

I'm surprised you didn't like it, if you liked the first. The second one was pretty much the same formula. It wasn't that they thought cameras would deter a burglar, but once you've been victimized, you just feel you have to do SOMETHING, and for him, that something was putting up a bunch of cameras.

And even I jumped at the kitchen cabinets scene...and I can pretty much sit through most any horror movie without a twitch.... Still though, you know what you like, just sorry you didn't get as much from the sequel, I actually liked it better, especially the non-cheesy ending.

Why is Blade Runner considered a top sci-fi movie? It's decent...but I never thought it was all that. Parts of it are quite boring really. I hope Tron was in the list somewhere. That movie got a bad rap...and I'm glad to see it being re-imagined...

Paranormal Activity 2 was just a rehash of the first one, with less scary stuff thrown in. I mean, that standing at the side of the bed and staring thing....THAT was creepy.

Sequels should make some attempt to break some kind of new ground. Not just rehash the previous.

But I agree about Tron. I thought it was a great movie back when it first came out.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I just watch 300 again. Rate rate it a 8/10! I was really into it! Last time I watched it was when it first came out. I gave it a 6/10 because I was just focused on the fighting.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I Just wastched Inception. 5/10

very disapointing.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I watched "The Reef" last night.

Apparently based on a true story I found that it was very intense. Sort of Jaws x 10 if you will.

Maybe it's just a fear of water that I have and thus this movie might not affect others the same way, but I found it very tough to watch as the "fear factor" in me was quite high.

Well worth a watch in my book for sure although I still can't figure out why I love a movie that ascares me..

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
We watched The Lost Highway again this past Sat. Yep.. just as weird as it was the first time and for the weird factor alone I give it a 10/10. David Lynch is one messed up individual!

www.imdb.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
just saw knight and day. Just your typical action type comedy. Cameron diaz is annoying

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join