It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

One of my cult favorites!

"What is this stuff?"
"Black blood of the earth"
"Oh, you mean oil?"
"No, I mean black blood of the earth!"

Ahh....good times, good times.....

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Watched the 1984 production of the Philadelphia Experiment last night. It sucked really, really bad. Horrible acting, a whole host of C and D listers from the 80's, and effects that make Alice Coopers "Freak Out Song" album seem almost sane in comparison. I was hoping for a show that would allow me to explain some of what actually happened. Instead I got "Back To The Future: The Knockoff Edition". The only positive thing I can say is that it had lots of explosions.

Tonight we start the 4 part Rambo series.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Taking Woodstock

It wasn't bad, for an Ang Lee movie. Considering the subject, the soundtrack could have been a little better. Besides that, no major complaints.

8 out of 10.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Dawn of the Dead. (again)

8/10

..........pure zombie awesomeness.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Another group of Hammer Horror movies:

The Mummy (1959)

www.imdb.com...

Peter Cushing plays an archeologist who dare disturbs the tomb of a princess. The mummy (played by Christopher Lee) is unleashed to kill those responsible. This is a pretty colorful remake of the original, but Mr Lee is no Karloff. Still, it is a lot of fun and the first of four mummy movies from Hammer.

The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (1964)

www.imdb.com...

Egyptian Prince Ra is the mummy this time, unleashed to do in those who disturbed his tomb. This one has a different twist, as someone needs the mummy to deal with a curse. I liked the twist in this one, and it made it a cut above the usual mummy revenge flick.

The Mummy's Shroud (1967)

www.imdb.com...

The third outing is back to more of the same: Tomb disturbed, mummy kills those responsible. Roger Delgado (The Master from Doctor Who) plays the bad guy who is conjuring up the mummy to do his bidding. Routine movie, kind of like the Dracula sequels made by Hammer.

Blood From the Mummy's Tomb (1971)

www.imdb.com...

This is the final mummy movie from Hammer and features a young woman who might be the reincarnation of an evil Priestess Queen. More blood and gore than the other mummy flicks, with some nudity too as Hammer was trying to up the ante in their movies for audiences. The plot is interesting, but the movie looks cheap. Valerie Leon makes up for the problems of the movie as the young woman who might be cursed.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Rambo, the 2008 version. Really exceeded my expectations. Typical smash and shoot action flick. Lots of really, really good graphical violence. Body parts flying, heads exploding....a real orgy of violence. If that is your thing, you would love this movie. I give it a 7/10.

Kung Fu Hustle....had only seen parts of it until now. Funny even if "schticky". 7/10

Kung Pow...seen it a bunch. Watched it with the youngest. It is a favorite with the oldest. One of my all time favorites for comedy. 10/10.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
In the Mouth of Madness....7/10 pretty crazy

heres part one...

edit on 18-10-2010 by Funkydung because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Jackass 3D. Much better then the other films. From my view. Jackass in 3D was a lot of fun and I can tell the audience enjoyed the new Jackass movie.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

www.imdb.com...

Hugh Jackman reprises his role in this violent outing that tells the story of how Wolverine came into being. It is the usual comic book fare for the most part, but if one does not follow these comics, it can be hard to figure out who is who. Liev Schreiber has fun as Logan's evil brother, and the rest of the cast ham it up pretty good too. This one might be a bit too violent for younger kids. B-

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
X: The Unknown (1956)

www.imdb.com...

This is a Hammer Films sci fi/horror movie about an unknown entity from beneath the Earth that bubbles up to the surface and starts killing people. It looks like a glowing blob, and was released at the same time as the cult favorite "The Blob". This movie is actually quite good and holds up well after 50 years, and is a good cautionary tale for its time. B

Five Million Years to Earth (1967)

www.imdb.com...

I remember watching this movie as a kid and was terrified of it. A finding of strange skeletons and what appears to be an ancient five million year old spaceship calls Professor Bernard Quatermass to help investigate (Quatermass was a popular sci fi character who has appeared in numerous movies and TV series at the time). They end up finding dead Martians in the ship, and also that the place was haunted. The ship turns out to possibly be still alive as it causes terrifying psychic visions to many who go near the ship. The images of the insect/demonic looking creatures gave me nightmares at the time. The movie still is scary, but at a more psychological kind for us adults. One of the best Hammer Films releases, A-

These Are the Damned (1963)

www.imdb.com...

I was thinking of Village of the Damned when I saw this title, but it is not that classic movie. This one was made in 1961 and released a few years later in the USA to capitalize on those popular horror movies. MacDonald Carey and Viveca Landfors star in this movie, Mr Carey as a wealthy American on vacation, Ms Landfors as an artist on a mysterious island. After being mugged by a gang of teenagers (whose youngest member looks about 30), Carey takes the one thug's sister with him on his boat where they end up on that island. There they find a group of children who have little physical interaction with adults or the outside world. It turns out they are radioactive as a result of experiments. This movie takes a long time to develop, and we don't even find out about the radiation part until near the end, even though it is in the original movie description. The last half of the movie is better, but not by much. Those who want to see the classic, remember the title is Village of the Damned. Some nice cinematography on this movie. C-

The Stranglers of Bombay (1960)

www.imdb.com...

A cult of Kali worshipers in India have been murdering people in a village, when Captain Lewis decides to investigate what is going on. This is the usual type of thriller, with no one believing the hero until the last minute. The movie is based on "actual events", but we know how they love to do that loosely. Roger Delgado is also in the cast, and plays the usual bad guy. For its very low budget, this one actually holds up well visually. I can't say the same for the white actors playing the dark skinned natives, but I am a fan of Mr Delgado. C

Night of the Lepus (1972)

www.imdb.com...

William Shatner got to do a now classic horror movie about spiders taking over a community, Deforest Kelly got to be a supporting character in a movie about giant killer rabbits in this laughable movie. We get close ups of rabbits running around as they are supposed to be giants, with ketchup on their faces to show they are eating people. This movie is the usual environmental horror message movie for its time, but the production values are grade Z level, and this is high level kitsch as the actors are very serious in their roles. Terrible, but fun to watch. D+

The Boogens (1981)

www.imdb.com...

A group of miners opens up an old silver mine that was blocked 60 years ago for good reason. Now they have to deal with creatures that look like mutant turtles. The movie does not make much sense as there are tunnels going everywhere in the town, and yet only one opening frees these creatures. But this is a typical 1980s horror movie in which the young cast members get eaten after we see a few bare breasts. It actually is better than most that were made, and this one at least had creatures and not some madman. C

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Paranormal Activity 2! This movie was great! I can't explain it. This one was much better then the first movie. But watch the first and then watch this movie. Both movies go hand and hand. You'll see and as well hide under your blanket.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Pirate Radio (2009)

www.imdb.com...

Philip Seymour Hoffman headlines this ensemble cast about a ship that broadcasts rock and roll to the UK during the 1960s. Based on true events, this is a funny and touching look at the freespirited DJs who live on the boat for months at a time. There is also the stuffy government official who wants to find any way he can to ban them. The spirit of ATS lives in these people, and this is recommended for those who still have a little fight in them. A

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I went and saw RED today.

9/10

Great movie with lots of funny bits.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Paranormal Activity 2 - Meh. Ok, i guess. I like the first one better. It is like watching a really boring version of Big Brother. There are a few creepy parts that happen, but only a few. Otherwise it is just people walking around their house in security camera, and a dimwitted dad who denies belief in anything no matter what the cost. I expected more.

Star Trek - The new one. Outstanding movie. Really, really outstanding.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarmonkey

I saw Red as well.

I loved it to bits and would recommend it to all of ATS (for John Malkovich's character if nothing else
)

-m0r

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Yep, I gotta go see that movie, for just that reason (Malkovich). I'm glad people are liking it, makes it an easier sell to the wife.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

She'll love it - it's got it all and then some.

I don't want to spoil any of it for you but believe me my wife laughed her head off and got caught up in it all.

Go see it

-m0r

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

A great Vampire Film is out in the shops right now.... it's called 'Temptation' or 'Black Tower Temptation' (English Alternative) and it was Directed by Catherine Taylor.... a new up ad coming Director with up and coming Actors.... filmed in London.

It's about a girl (Caroline Haines) who gets bitten by a Vamp after a night out and after she is attacked by a cabbie but is saved by Rachel (Vampiress) who bites her and (Caroline) has to go through the 'changing' shall we say.... the struggle/s of coping with the ;'changing' as she doesnt really know what is happening or why....

Anyway its a good film and if you want to buy something for Halloween, then you may not do to badly with this flick.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
reply to post by sugarmonkey

I saw Red as well.

I loved it to bits and would recommend it to all of ATS (for John Malkovich's character if nothing else
)

-m0r

I agree. I absolutely LOVED John Malkovich's character, he was the best part of the movie for me.
I couldn't help but think of ATS at some parts.

Gazrok-
I'm a girl and my husband didn't have to ask me twice to go see it...I bet your wife will like it. It really was funny.

edit on 26-10-2010 by sugarmonkey because: spelled mod's name wrong

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I just watched ''slither'' its a good modern day schlock horror its light hearted and kept me entertained 7/10..also watched blue streak, 7/10 good martin lawrence comedy. I have a weakness for some of his comedies lol

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join