It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
reply to post by illuminotreal

I seriously don't understand why you'd bother watching Let The Right One In at all if you're just after gore... did you not know anything about it beforehand? I'm not digging at you, I like movies that surprise me and gore for the sake of it bores me.

If you want to watch something like that I dare you to sit through the August Underground trilogy, or Serbian Movie.

Double Dare!!!

A) I watched it because I heard it was a good movie not because of gore

B) I disliked it because I found it to be stark and I did not really like the actors. The little boy in particular. I understand why it is revered but it just did not click with me.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I double dare anyone to watch "The Stupids" starring Tom Arnold.

Quite possibly the WORST movie ever made. When it came out, my friends and I were in a mall, and bored, and we decided to see a movie. We'd seen the others that were playing, and figured, what the heck.

When we sat down, there were about a dozen other people in the theater (was in the summer, during a weekday, so pretty empty anyhow). By 15 min in, we were the only ones left. The ushers were taking bets on how long we'd last. We stuck it out, but man...it's really, really, really bad (my friends kept begging for mercy, but I drove, and I just kept thinking, "It can't get any worse, right?" I was wrong. To this day, I've never seen a worse film.

There's an animated cat and dog, that make no sense. The family and the way they dress? Make no sense. Even their house is like something out of a Seuss nightmare. And these guys aren't just Stupid....they are absolute morons. Hard to feel for them, as you wonder how they even get out of bed in the morning without killing themselves.

The "plot" if you can call it that, is even more lame.
The only bright spot in the movie, is Tom's song, "I'm my own Grandpa"... (yes, that's right folk's, Tom Arnold's "song"....)

Double dog dare you to watch this one (all the way to the end)...
edit on 6-10-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Last night i watched Robin Hood, with Russell Crowe. At first, i was not very impressed. They didn't follow a storyline that I could recognize as being Robin Hood.

However, as the movie went on i realized that they were trying to make it appear historical in some aspects, and were leading into what created the man that would be fabled in all other Robin Hood stories. It was what led him to live in the forest

There is a scene in this movie, however, where he rides into a group of English nobility and the King. He gives a speech related to liberty that I really, really like. Inspirational.

Of course, I am a sap for anything like that. I have been brought to tears by Thoreau.

Edit to add: here is a clip:

edit on 6-10-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Shutter Island

It wasn't bad, even though I figured out what was going on about a quarter of the way through. It is rather long, so be prepared to sit a while.

7 out of 10. Watch it if the opportunity presents itself, but don't break your neck to see it.

---

(500) Days of Summer

I'm not a fan of romantic comedies, but this one is actually pretty good.

8.5 out of 10. Definitely make an effort to check this one out.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

There were some really "off" things in that version of Robin Hood though...

For starters, there were the WWII style French landing craft...

Then, you have all these archers up on the hill, with the French landing below. Do you:

a) pepper them with arrows until they are all dead.

or

b) send one volley, then send in the mounted knights to charge them in the sand, while the archers are pretty much now useless...

They chose option b....idiot general. (and the French general is an idiot for not bugging out as soon as he saw the archers)...

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Just watched Trick r' Treat last night. It's my second viewing of it.

It follows 5 stories that all intertwine somehow.

When my gf wanted to rent it last year, I rolled my eyes. She has a habit of wanting to watch lame horror/Halloween movies.

This one though, was a perfect 10.It has a B movie film, even is delivered as one, but for some reason, it just works. I ended up buying it a month or so ago.

I highly recommend, especially because of the season.

Some people you would recognize in it: Anna Paquin, Dylan Baker,Brian Cox

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I was watching "In the Mouth of Madness" (John Carpenter) this morning before work... Really underrated movie. Basically, an insurance investigator (Sam Neil) is looking into the disappearance of an author (pretty much like H.P. Lovecraft meets King)...but stumbles into the (supposedly) fictional town of Hobbs End where the author's tales take place, and he proceeds to lose his mind.

One of my wacky favorites, and I've got a soft spot for the actor, as he's perfect for creep factor. Supposedly, it's the third film in what Carpenter calls his "Apocalypse" trilogy, but I'm not sure what the three have in common (The Thing, The Prince of Darkness, and this one). Prince of Darkness is another Carpenter favorite of mine (never cared for The Thing that much though)....

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Saw Buried with Ryan rynolds, its not bad. It starts as a typical kidnapped by terrorists type movie but shows two sides of a story with some light political commentary. I think its one of those movies you wanta cliche ending to occur

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Just saw the highly disturbing movie "human centipede". Holy crap, what a disturbing movie to say the least! Who comes up with that storyline??! I give it a 7/10....I love non cgi films.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Iron Man 2: 3/10

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Iron Man 2: 3/10

Totally agree. Most disappointing movie of the year. Iron Man hanging out in the donut sign reminded me of drunk Red K Superman hanging out at the bar in Superman III.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Yea...I've heard a few things about that movie. You know there's two parts?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I sequel is in order for human centipede something i want to check out to see what the hype is about..

I just watched an oldie - Dolls. Has the guy who plays Duffy in robocop two in it. Some b grade schlock good fun.

Saw resident evil afterlife, i must be getting old but I think it was predictable. I wanted more zombie chasing and a darker story it was way to fluffy. I say bring on AMC's The walking dead end of october, now that looks good!

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I have never seen the three newer Star Wars (other than snippets on TV when the kids were watching them). i am recently coming out of raising young children, so movies were only a dream for me until recently.

Tonight we finished out three night marathon of Star Wars: The Prequels. Not bad. Not bad at all. I thoroughly enjoyed them.

Before that we did a Matrix Marathon, since the youngest had never seen them (and they are required viewing for any tin hatter, big or small).

Tomorrow night we will do the Philidelphia Experiment, before moving on to the Rambo movies (seen them all, but the boy hasn't)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Anyone that praises the Star Wars films gets a star from me. Sure the OT3 were better, but the entire series is great! I'm looking forward to the live action TV series coming up in 2011.

Matrix...I agree....required viewing!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

It's great reliving some of your favorites with your kids, isn't it? I ordered JFK from Netflix a couple of weeks ago so I could watch it with my daughter. She was entranced. Next up - "All the President's Men".

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Yep, my friends and I introduced their kids to old classics we loved such as The NeverEnding Story, Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, Legend, and Princess Bride.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

We went through the kids classics a few years ago. My two are in their mid to late teens, so we're currently going through the more mature fare. Turner Classic Movies and Netflix are both great for that. We did "And Then There Were None", the 1945 Agatha Christie mystery, awhile back, along with the Karloff classic 1932 "The Old Dark House". Both well worth adding to your Netflix queue. We spent one Saturday watching the old Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes movies on TCM. Great stuff.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
big trouble in little china - blu ray. So much for extended ending I barely noticed anything

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join