It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The Painted Veil

Finally decided to watch this one.

8.5/10

Flags of Our Fathers

Didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Pretty good movie though.

6.5/10

The Invasion

Am I the only one who liked this movie? A lot of people seemed to have hated it, but I didn't think it was all that bad. I admit, I actually liked it.

6.5/10

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
crushed

it was sick 10/10

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Sweedish Auto (2006)

www.imdb.com...

Lukas Haas stars as a grease monkey in this little independent movie who has a crush on a concert violinist. He starts to date a local waitress instead. The performances were good, but the last part of the movie was badly written. I do think many script writers are very lazy when it comes to what to do with their characters. This is when you hope actors say: "My character would not do that". The actors didn't and the characters did in a very predictable ending. C-

Amy Adams and Emily Blunt play sisters in "Sunshine Cleaning" (2008)

www.imdb.com...

This is a quirky little comedy drama that also stars Alan Arkin as their father and Jason Spevack as Amy Adams son. The sisters decide to start a business that specializes in crime scene (and other messy) clean up. Not as gruesome as one might think. The top notch cast kept me compelled for the 90 minute running time. A-

El laberinto del fauno (Pan's Labyrinth 2006)

www.imdb.com...

Ivana Baquero excels as Ofelia, a young girl whose mother has remarried to a cruel captain of Franco's army looking for guerillas in this fantasy movie. To get away from the terrible violence around her, she dreams of a fairy tale. Not a children's story as there are some very disturbing and violent images here. A fascinating movie with great effects that merges the two worlds together. Highly recommended, but not for the squeamish. A

The Order (2003)

www.imdb.com...

Would you believe Heath Ledger as an old style Catholic priest who says his masses in Latin? In this rather interesting horror fantasy film, Heath is actually quite good at making us believe he is. Cults, demons and Sin Eaters play a part in this some what complex movie. I also liked the exorcist priest in this one running around chasing demons armed only with a cross. A very different movie that is very enjoyable. B

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

*The story reminded me of Disney's Pochahontas, excpt with aliens instead of American Indians. The special effects were cool though.

District 9 8.5/10

*Amazing movie. Very original story and action packed. Hoping for a sequel

Cloverfield 7.5/10

*Neat idea. Made me jump a couple times. I just wish it was longer and more info revealed about the monster.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Striker122]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I Shot Andy Warhol (1996)

www.imdb.com...

This is an interesting independent movie about Valerie Jean Solanas, the author/militant feminist who shot Andy Warhol. She was supposed to be the insane one, but it seems the folks around her were even nuttier than she was. Stephen Dorff was very good as transvestite actress Candy Darling, and Lili Taylor steals the movie as Valerie. An interesting if warped view of the psychedelic 1960s. B

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Die, Mommie, Die! (2003)

www.imdb.com...

Charles Busch wrote and stars in this comedy satirizing 1950s and 1960s melodramas. He plays Angela Arden, a washed up singer married to a wealthy film producer. Murder and mayhem result, and there is the gigolo with a mysterious past played by Jason Priestly. All the actors camp it up and makes this one a fun alternative movie. B

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. I'd been looking forward to this and was slightly disappointed. It's the kind of film and story that appeals to me...some good stars too. Some great scenes yet all things considered...it was just better than OK. The Fall captured magical realism and fantasy in a way that others can only dream of.

6/10.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The Notorious Bettie Page (2005)

www.imdb.com...

Gretchen Mol plays the pin up girl in this very good cable made movie. Shot in both black and white and in color, the movie follows Ms Page during some rough patches in her life to her modeling of bondage and other risque pictures. The movie captures the mood of the era and lets us get to know who the real Bettie Page was. Lili Taylor has a nice role as the wife of publisher Irving Klaw. A-

Dek hor (Dorm 2006)

www.imdb.com...

An excellent movie that proves one does not need a $200 million budget and 3D to tell a great story. A 12 year old boy (Ton) goes to a boarding school and befriends another boy (Vichien). Ton soon learns that Vichien is a ghost and has been haunting the school for ten years. This movie understands what it is like to be 12 and the relationship between the boys is both wonderful and sad at the same time. Some humor and a few chills are added to this story that is hard to describe. Both boys are really good actors (Charlie Trairat and Sirachuch Chienthaworn), as are all the supporting players in this movie that comes from Thailand. A+

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Anyone see Crazy Heart? I've got it here and have been meaning to watch it.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
ironman - i give it 4 out of 5
i mean hes great XD

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
  • Crazy Heart -- watched this last night. It is a great film! Similar to "The Wrestler" with Mickey Rourke from last year. A down and out country singer who has some issues with alcohol and is making the rounds in small bars with his music career. It was nominated for "Best Picture" at the Oscars and I can certainly see why. I still think "Avatar" was the best film of the year but having "The Hurtlocker" win the award, I don't see how people thought that one was better than this one. "Crazy Heart" is one of the best films of the year, better than some that have won a lot of awards.

Two thumbs up!

• posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:02 PM
    link   
    Terminator Salvation -- I watched it for the first time this weekend and, based on the reviews I'd read, I wasn't expecting much. Those lowered expectations helped, because in spite of the fact that there are a number of flaws with it, I still enjoyed every minute of it. Its above average for an action movie and certainly better than T3. I just wish it had been longer, as it does feel a bit rushed. 4 out of 5 might be pushing it just a little, but that's my score for it.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:05 PM
    link   
    Kick Ass!

Absolutely loved the film! so good, and the little girl is an absolute star, so funny! I really recommend this one

9/10

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:37 PM
    link   

Originally posted by chissler
  • Crazy Heart -- watched this last night. It is a great film! Similar to "The Wrestler" with Mickey Rourke from last year. A down and out country singer who has some issues with alcohol and is making the rounds in small bars with his music career. It was nominated for "Best Picture" at the Oscars and I can certainly see why. I still think "Avatar" was the best film of the year but having "The Hurtlocker" win the award, I don't see how people thought that one was better than this one. "Crazy Heart" is one of the best films of the year, better than some that have won a lot of awards.

Two thumbs up!

• I just finished watching it. I agree with you assessment completely....even the Avatar comment.

Jeff Bridges' acting was phenomenal. He absolutely earned the Best Actor Oscar. I'm not sure any of the other actors nominated in that category were even in the same league.

I give Jeff Bridges a 10/10
    I give the movie a 9/10

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:28 AM
    link   
    Juno

I had been wanting to see this one, finally watched it. Loved it!

9.5/10

Ocean's Thirteen

Watched it over the weekend.

7.5/10

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:53 PM
    link   
    Moon (2009) (Sony Pictures Classics)

www.imdb.com...

Sam Rockwell plays Sam Bell, a man who is working a lonely three year contract on a mining station based on the Moon. His only real company is a computer named Gerty (voiced by Kevin Spacey). His three year tour is almost up and he starts to see things. Is it space madness or just loneliness? He soon gets into an accident, and things just get stranger. (The IMDB site has spoilers in it, so one might want to avoid going there until after seeing this movie.) Good solid performance by indie star Sam Rockwell. B

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:49 PM
    link   
    reply to post by kidflash2008

Kidflash - loved 'Moon' and it certainly was a refreshing change from all the usual Sci-Fi movies.

Don't know if you like Chinese cinema but 'True Legend' is a great film (with a truly mindblowing first ten minutes).

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:30 PM
    link   
    reply to post by karl 12

I do like Asian cinema. I reviewed a movie called Dorm here a little bit ago, and highly recommend it. I will look for the movie and view it.

Thank you for the recommendation.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:15 PM
    link   
    This morning I watched Signs
    I would give it a 9/10
    It's about aliens so, yeah, it's entertaining.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:52 AM
    link   
    Gran Torino 8/10

I missed the first 10 - 20 minutes or so but from what i did see it's actually a pretty good film.

Definitely reccomend it.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join