It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

HQ Digital version...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Mary and Max

Unfortunately, in America, babies are not found in cola cans. I asked my mother when I was four and she said they came from eggs laid by rabbis. If you aren't Jewish, they're laid by Catholic nuns. If you're an atheist, they're laid by dirty, lonely prostitutes.

I've seen it before and recommended it before...it's not like any film I can think of. Friends have enjoyed it and it's won awards. Probably not for young kids, but great for teens and upwards. I'd like to hear what anyone else thought of it.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I just saw How to Train Your Dragon. Very excellent movie, and you don't need a kid to enjoy it. Be sure to see it in 3D though... Will definitely be a classic for years to come. Great visuals, and a great story to boot...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Bad Lieutenant (1992)

www.imdb.com...

This is a warped view of a corrupt police lieutenant that appears to be a cross between Martin Scorses and David Lynch. We don't find out why or when he became an alcoholic, drug dependent, sexual perverse person in this move either. Harvey Keitel does give an interesting performance and this movie is not for everyone. I give it a C.

Valentino (1977)

www.imdb.com...

Dancer Rudolf Nureyev plays silent screen star Rudolph Valentino in this sometimes grotesque biography of his life. Good acting by Leslie Caron, Michelle Phillips and Carol Kane along with Nureyev's fine performance make this an interesting movie. I give this one a B-.

Wall-E (2008) I am not much of a fan of animated fare, so I was very impressed at how well done this movie was. Wall-E and Eve are two very unique characters in this beautifully done tale. While it is a family movie, adults should really like this one too. Pixar made two very believable characters, along with an endearing cockroach as a sidekick. Now that takes a lot of magic to make a roach endearing! A+

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Howdy K, I saw Bad Lieutenant years ago with friends and girlfriends. We were drunk and then some. We turned it off for being too gross. Only film I've seen with the honour of being too offensive. Maybe I should try again, being all older and wiser? The Nic Cage one got turned off on account of being just a poor film. Cage is big hits and big misses imo...

I agree about Wall-E. Tremendous film...the opening scenes are sort of ominous and maybe possible, whilst still being entertaining. Great movie

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Oh, just saw Inglourious Basterds over the weekend....easy to see how the guy playing the Nazi got the best supporting nod. He was AWESOME as that guy...
Classic Tarantino....

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

"Bad Lieutenant" is not a very good film as it does not seem to have any reasons why he does his self destructive behavior. I should note the version I saw was the 91 minute R rated version, although I thought IFC would show the NC-17 version. I really don't recommend this film unless you must see every movie Harvey Keitel was ever in.

I have seen a lot more stranger films than this one, but some might find its sexual scenes and the graphic rape scene a bit too much.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Bad lieutenant is low budget, hastily made and poorly shot.
The subject matter is certainly dark and perhaps taboo and there are some shocking scenes in it for sure.

But IMO it's a classic.

It's not a life changing movie or a spiritually uplifting movie... But a dark, unflinching, harrowing depiction of social and moral disintegration.
Certainly not a movie for everyone and not one that I'd watch very often, But it's a classic movie and a career defining performance from Harvey Keitel to boot.

There are many dark and disturbing films that are uncomfortable to watch and tackle subject matter that many people like to avoid and perhaps ignore, however if you don't mind explicit language, Harrowing and disturbing scenes and plenty of OMG moments, then there are far, far worse movie out there than BL.. and some of them are pretty frickin' cool too.

[edit on 13/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
2012 - The special effects were really good, and I love John Cusack.. but if I ever have to see another film with the 'dad doesnt spend enough time with son, son hates him, bonds throughout the film & best buds by the end' thing again I will actually go insane.
Another couple of things which were slightly annoying.. the womans husband dies and she spends about 2 seconds grieving over him before jumping back onto her ex husband. Its not on. :shk:
The state of those arks was ridiculous as well. They're getting slammed round the sea into mountains & whatnot, yet they felt it was appropriate to construct these things so they would have the strength of about two sheets of aluminum foil. Nice one.

Aside from that though, it was pretty good. Assuming that you arent watching it with the hopes of seeing anything remotely insightful with regards to the whole 2012 thing of course.

Oh and I particularly enjoyed the performances given by the small fluffy dog, the flying giraffe, and the chicken. That chicken deserved way more screen time than it got. RIP.

The second twylight film - AWFUL. So many holes in the plot I dont know how even the teenage girls manage not to see them.
Edward Cullen managed to step over that fine line between slinky vampire, and malnourished tramp. I was not pleased by this in the slightest.
Also, I fail to see the attraction with the werewolf guy. Yes he has obviously spent many an hour working out in the gym, but seriously, put it away!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
i know this film is old but i just watched the butterfly effect.
wow thats one trippy film.

be warned some disgusting things in the film which got me really mad even though i knew it was a film.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Oh and another one I watched recently - Event Horizon.

This film is terrifying! And has left me with a very serious aversion to;
1. Wormholes.
2. Air vents.
3. Flickery green lights.

Seriously people, when Laurence Fishburne decides to check out the freaky green vent, TURN IT OFF. Especially if you have a weak heart. :shk:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

it has to be good if it scared you, i know how you normally just laugh as stupid horror films.

do i have a balls, hmmm we'll find out tomorrow i'll watch it in the day away from a dark room or vent and brigth green lights.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

It appears I was lying and its not in fact Laurence Fishburne in the vent, it was some other dude... watch this from 2.17 onwards. Me no likey. :shk:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

i will have to watch it tomorrow cant spoil the film just yet

i'll tell you what i think tomorrow. I forgive you for the lack of correct information

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
"Bad Ass", awful film, not really sure what it was trying to be, dont waste your time

on a more positive note, Exit through the gift shop by Banksy is a great little film, even if your not into Banksy.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The Haunting in Connecticut

Could've been a lot better than it was.

3/10

Superman Returns

I know a lot of people didn't like it. I didn't think it was that bad.

6.5/10

Blindness

And this one gets a.....

7.5/10

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
2012 was actually a lot better than I was expecting it to be. I went in kind of picturing an ID4 type movie, and I wasn't disappointed in that regard... (i.e., there will be plot holes a truck could drive through, but some great destruction scenes, and decent character emotion, etc.)....

I just wanted more of Woody Harrelson's character....that guy was great!

The disaster scenes were epic....kind of wish I had seen it on the big screen....

Superman Returns

I know a lot of people didn't like it. I didn't think it was that bad.

Other than Superkid, I really liked the movie. I thought Routh did an exceptional job of capturing both characters (Kent and Superman)...and Spacey was superb as Lex.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The Slammin' Salmon - 7.5/10

I wasn't expecting much out of this movie, yet I rented it to see if I could get a laugh or two. The risk payed off! This plot was fairly predictable, but hey, It's a comedy not a suspense. Some of the language and jokes were a bit crude and the humor was just above "high school" at times, yet it was a solid movie that had moments of greatness. I laughed throughout the movie, which is a rarity in this day and age. This movie is by the same guys that brought us Super Troopers and Beerfest, so if you liked those movies, then you will love this one!

Defendor - 7/10

Unlike the movie above, I was expecting it to be a good movie; which it was. However, the trailer for this movie made it seem more of a comedy than it actually was. It's a dark comedy with smatterings of drama. This is about a man (Woody Harrelson) who believes he is a "super hero". However, all of his "super powers" are ordinary things that are unconventionally used as weapons against the bad guys. The movie has a good message to take away from it. I suppose I would recommend this; however, I believe that it will be a "hit or miss" depending upon your particular tastes in movies.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
SS Doomtrooper. 1/10

Ok a nazi supersoldier. An not terrible premise, but if you are going to do CG, do it right! The doomtrooper looked like a thundercat on steroids (well not really, but it looked stupid).

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
just saw the new Alice in Wonderland.
weeeeee it was a hell of a trippy movie,wasnt that bad,but I still like the old one better so I'll give it a 6/10

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join