It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
A Haunting in Connecticut

2 - 10

Supposed to be scary huh??

:shk:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Paul Blart Mall Cop. Kevin James is the one reason to go and see this very predictable family comedy. Some good laughs and mostly harmless. I give it a C.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Not sure whether to watch it or see it at the cinema.... the first one was amazing on the big screen... really jumpy.

Blupblup, I'd save it till the cinema matey - its definitely worth it and the endings a classic.

Just watched Michael Caine in 'Harry Brown' - thats a very good film too!

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I just watched O Brother Where Art Thou for the first time and I give it a 9/10 because someone would say there no such thing as a perfect movie if I said it was a ten. I loved it. I like the time frame in which the movie was placed. The suthen dialogue that was used, beautiful scenery and lots of land. Not to mention its pretty funny at times.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Saw Kick-Ass this morning. Its very good!
The Sopranos meets Sin City vs The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight kind of loses! There are nods to many other films etc. A full on pastiche of cultural memes, but put together in a very clever manner with a well chosen sound design.
I'd heard it was extremely violent. It sort of is, but a lot of it uses the Hitchcockian idea that you think you've seen more than you have. It also works on several levels of action, drama, satire, shock & simple humour. I'd imagine that many people wont get all the angles in any given scene, but there's enough cross pollenation to satisfy most.
Its also hilarious!
I'd guess that many will be shocked by some of the "strong language". In the context of this film, it is entirely appropriate. It drives the contrast between the, as usual, slightly wooden Nick Cage & the youth.
Also, I'd say you dont need to be into comics to enjoy it: if you're online, you'll get it.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Dire crap...

-1,000,000 - 10

Yes... that’s "minus 1 million out of 10"

They could have made such a good post apocalyptic film... instead :bnghd:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
"Monster" staring Charlize Theron and Christina Ricci is a dark and ultimately sad movie about serial killer Aileen Wuornos. Charlize performance is amazing to watch and the others are equally good. The story of Aileen morphing from a prostitute to a serial killer is haunting indeed. Her life was bad from the beginning, and she had no chance.

Definitely not for everyone, I give this one an A. One of the best movies I have seen in a while.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The Bounty Hunter

Horrendous.
2/10

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
A Haunting in Connecticut

2 - 10

Supposed to be scary huh??

:shk:

I agree mate! just another example where the trailer yet again outweighs the actual film!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by valiant

I agree mate! just another example where the trailer yet again outweighs the actual film!

Yep.....Paranormal Activity suddenly springs to mind as well.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Righteous Kill: Bobby De Niro, Al Pacino, Brian Dennehy, John Lequizamo, Donnie Wahlberg. The above is a dream cast in a mediocre movie. I expected so much more than a routine cop movie on the hunt for a serial killer. I also saw the "twist" miles before it happened.

It seems some studio executives started writing down the names of the best actors around and wanted to make a movie as an afterthought.

Still, the actors are all wonderful to watch. I give this a C- as the talent assembled here deserve so much better.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Clash of the Titans
Obviously there was never going to be any shocking violence at this certificate level, but it sets itself up as if there will be, so disappoints. There's an interesting "man vs the gods" plotline but it falls away to a kind of "Bourne in a skirt" vibe, without properly setting up the pathos such a character would need to be watchable. Its resolved by a single scene that I hope Liam Neeson got well paid for, since he was clearly bored out of his arse.
There are some nods to the original & other old films in the same ilk, which is cerebrally entertaining, but considering the good cast, costume, props, sets, visFX & a screenplay with leeway, the film doesn't add up to the sum of its parts. The sound design is pretty crap, but I'd blame the directing for this film's failure.
3 maybe 4/10

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Walk The Line

Liked it more than I thought I would.

9/10

Mr. Bean's Holiday

I didn't think it was near as good as the T.V. show. Still didn't think it was all that bad though.

6.7/10

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas

Got around to seeing this one last week.

8.5/10

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Foot Fist Way

Laughed so hard in parts , and at one point i put my hand over my mouth to stop me from screaming when laughing....Did Tae Kwon Do for years, so found this mocumentary to be nothing short of hilarious.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Kick-Ass

Fantastic film.

Brutal, Bloody and a hilarious.

Wasn't keen on a couple of changes they made from the Comic but all in all a brilliant film.

8/10

Go see it... you will not be disappointed.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Three films:

Il supplente (The Substitute) 2006: A very funny film short about a rather strange substitute teacher. Entertaining on many levels, I give this one a gold star!

www.imdb.com...

Le Doulos (1962): A crime drama from France that is very riveting from the moment it starts. The mysterious character named Silien will keep one guessing from the start as to what his true intentions are. Quite gritty for its time also. This one gets an A.

www.imdb.com...

La chambre des morts (Room of Death) 2007: After the kidnapping of a diabetic girl following the kidnap/murder of a blind girl, a female investigator for the police tries to solve this mystery. Too many subplots actually mar this story as it tries and fails to be a Silence of the Lambs type movie. Good performances in it. C

www.imdb.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I just saw Couples Retreat, with Robert Vaughn, and the gal from The Watchers (played his wife). Also had Kristin Bell and Jason Bateman.

It was actually pretty decent, for a Rom-Com. The over-the-top stereotype gurus were pretty funny, and it had a decent message.

Then, there's the added bonus of Kristin Bell, Watcher gal, and the cute one from Sex in the City in bikinis alot....

Even had the funny Asian guy from the Hangover and Role Models....

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Anyone who likes horror films should watch this one (as it's pretty horrific) - it's a BBC scientific docu-drama dealing with the effects of nuclear war on a large scale population and it is definitely up there as an 'unforgettable' film - 10/10.

Threads

Google Video Link

Threads is a 1984 television docudrama depicting the effects of a nuclear war on the United Kingdom and its aftermath. Written by Barry Hines and directed by Mick Jackson, Threads was filmed in late 1983 and early 1984. The premise of Threads was to hypothesize the effects of a nuclear war on the United Kingdom after an exchange between the Soviet Union and the United States escalates to include the UK.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Cypher
I know it's old now, but I've just got around to seeing it.

It was good but didn't live up to my expectations.
I felt a lot more could have been done with story and although I liked the end, all in all it was a slight letdown.

6.3/10

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Bedtime Stories (2008): Adam Sandler tones down his usual obnoxious character a little bit in this cute family comedy. He plays a maintenance worker at a hotel his father sold a while back ago. His sister has him take care of her children while she looks for a job. He tells them bedtime stories like his father told him, only they seem to come true the next day. An imaginative and overall sweet movie that I give a B to.

Julie and Julia: This is a wonderful movie about the earlier life of Julia Child. Meryl Streep becomes Julia on the screen as she is one of the few actors (Peter Sellers is another) who literally become who they are playing on the screen. Unfortunately, the movie is divided in half by following a self centered woman named Julie as she writes a blog about cooking a meal a day for a year from Julia Child's cookbook. I know it is based on the blogger's book, but I would have loved to see a movie on Julia's wonderful and very interesting life. I wish I had recorded this one so I could of fast forwarded through the whining. I give it a B+ as Meryl Streep makes me forget about the lesser half.

The Squid and the Whale (2005)

www.imdb.com...

This is a disturbing movie about the effects of a divorce on a family. Jeff Daniels and Laura Linney are excellent as the parents who are breaking up. Mr Daniel's character is somewhat cold at first, although one does warm up a bit to him. Ms Linney is very good as the mother who is now finding success as a writer. The best part of the movie is the two young men playing the sons: Jesse Eisenberg as the older teen Walt, and Owen Kline as the 12 year old Frank. Jesse's Walt is just like his father in many ways: selfish and very immature acting, while young Frank is very emotional and upset over the break up of his parents. Frank takes to acting out at school, and there are a few controversial scenes involving the young actor.

This is a very well acted movie that deals realistically with a break up and how adolescent and older teens react on the situation. This movie gets an A, but some people might be disturbed by some of the content here.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join