It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Alice in Wonderland: 8.5/10

Saw this today @ IMAX 3D. Another Tim Burton success. The story was good, the special affects were good; and, of course, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter made this movie great. It's no wonder that these two are mainstays in Burton films. I definitely recommend it.

It was good wasn't it. Do you think most of the big budget films will now all be 3D?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
It was good wasn't it. Do you think most of the big budget films will now all be 3D?

Yeah, I think 3D will become much more prevalent. With big screen TVs and home surround sound systems, it makes the movie theater experience less than it once was. However, the 3D element has gotten me, and I'm sure many others, back into theaters again. It's worth the 2 or 3 extra dollars...and I'm certain Hollywood knows that.

Now I hope they don't go and make every movie 3D, as most simply don't call for it. But movies like Avatar and Alice in Wonderland were perfect candidates, With all of the rich colors and complex "scenery".

I wish they could have done the Star Wars movies in 3D...maybe some day they will.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Brooklyn's Finest

The story revolves around three New York police officers over one week. Eddie is a patrolman played by Richard Gere who only has 7 days left before he can pull the pin and retire. Eddie has seen it all, and he has become so disenchanted with life that he must find some reason each day not to blow his own brains out. Undercover cop Tango played by Don Cheadle has been on the streets too long, causing him to protect Caz (Wesley Snipes) the drug kingpin target he is out to catch. Sal (Ethan Hawke) is a narcotics cop who is under tremendous pressure to provide a healthy home for his pregnant wife and two children.

Reuniting Ethan Hawke with the director of Training Day. The cast includes some big name stars to be sure. What I'm not so sure about is whether they gave big name performances. I mean they were good, and I liked the movie well enough, but I feel something was missing.

My rating: 7/10

[edit on 11-3-2010 by TheComte]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The Princess and the Frog - 8/10

No, I don't have kids. Yes, I did rent it last night. It was pretty good. Story was charming and had a wholesome moral to the story. Now, as far as the cartoon, I want to know what the animators at Disney are on when they draw some of this stuff...very trippy. All in all a solid movie. I recommend it.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Code 46

romantic, soft, harsh, prophetic, gut-wrenching

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The Departed- 7.5/10

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Alice in wonderland 8.5/10 enjoyed it more than I thought, Alice was hot so that helped
thought the red queen was very funny and well done! I recommend it!

Miss march 4/10 No idea why I still feel an urge to watch these american teen movies, but I do and this was rubbish! all I have to say.

The crazies 7.5/10 Quite enjoyed this film, never seen the original but will make an effort to now, recommended!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Night at the Museum 2: 5/10

Honestly, I fell asleep and have no intention of finishing it. It was incredibly boring. I actually enjoyed the first one but this just felt like they were cashing in.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Cyborg She.

8/10

Nice movie with a nice mix of romance and sci fi, and a nice ending. Overall it left me feeling good

p.s the main lady is so damn beautiful!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by plutoxgirl
The Departed- 7.5/10

Hey plutoxgirl

I would rate it 7.5-8/10 it was really good. But I prefer the original hong kong movie, I watched that before the departed came out, it was called "Infernal affairs"

[edit on 22-3-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Green Zone 5/5

Good flick if you like the military drama action stuff. Definitly politically motivated, but you can deal with it. Matt Damon IMO is a great choice for action films...he does an awesome job in those roles and being former military he pulled off his part perfectly.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
"Hancock"

Wil Smith plays a jerk who has super powers. The effects are good and there are a few humorous moments in the film. It doesn't really get interesting until the middle where a plot twist happens. To some it may have been predictable, but it kept me watching the movie. Very short at under 90 minutes and over all OK. I give it a C.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
"Step Brothers": a vulgar and crude comedy that made me laugh out loud. Will Ferrell and John C Reilly are hilarious as the loser title characters. Like most of these types of comedies, the humor can be hit and miss, but this one hits big several times. It gets a B- from me.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
"Step Brothers": a vulgar and crude comedy that made me laugh out loud. Will Ferrell and John C Reilly are hilarious as the loser title characters. Like most of these types of comedies, the humor can be hit and miss, but this one hits big several times. It gets a B- from me.

I laugh harder and harder each time I watch that movie. I'm always catching little things that I didn't notice the time before. The sleepwalking x-mas scene is priceless.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Don't lose your dinosaur

Truly hilarious movie..

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

The more I think about the movie, the more it made me laugh. I am upping the grade to a B+. I will watch it again and never lose my dinosaur!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Alice in Wonderland: 8.5/10

Saw this today @ IMAX 3D. Another Tim Burton success. The story was good, the special affects were good; and, of course, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter made this movie great. It's no wonder that these two are mainstays in Burton films. I definitely recommend it.

Same here ... 8.5/10
It wasn't bad
Could do without the 3D though. A waste of time & money on their part IMO.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Boondock Saints I and II.

10 and 8 respectively.

Waiting for III.

Hurry up!!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The informant!

8/10

Well acted movie. I enjoyed it but didn't know whether to cringe or laugh at most of the nonsense. Matt Damon is a really good actor.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Pride and Prejudice...

10/10

why because it's one of my favourite films...

Mr Darcy.... "sways" mmmmm....

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join