It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The movie's friggin awesome!

10/10

Little Children

Good movie.

8.7/10

Lost In Translation

8/10

Primer

Am I the only person who didn't like the movie.

4/10

Breach

Good movie. Thought Chris Coooper was great as the "bad guy".

7/10

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Slumdog Millionaire: 7/10

I REALLY don't understand where the hype from this movie came from. I thought it was OK but really nothing to write home about. The acting was OK and it was an interesting look at Indian culture but other than that, I wasn't very impressed.

The Surrogate: 7/10

I was pretty excited to finally watch this but it ended up being quite a bit different than I had it built up in my mind. The only real redeeming quality of the movie was that it brought some interesting questions to mind.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Deadgirl

Was ok, not sure what to say about? it was weird, i'd give it a 5/10

Cirque du freak

Very boring! I never read the books, but it looked like it could have been so good! but just turned out to be a yawn fest! 3/10

Legion

Yet another wasted opportunity imo, it looked so good aswell! I suggest watching the trailer, it's actually better than the full movie! 3/10

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Monster In Law 6/10....Typical rom/com nothing special.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Alice in Wonderland: 8.5/10

Saw this today @ IMAX 3D. Another Tim Burton success. The story was good, the special affects were good; and, of course, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter made this movie great. It's no wonder that these two are mainstays in Burton films. I definitely recommend it.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I have heard multiple people say that they wished that they didn't watch it in 3d. Did you find that to be the case?

I just watched:
Land of the Lost - 7/10. Will Ferrell humor, if you like him, you should enjoy it. If not, then don't waste your time. I actually enjoyed it more than most of his films. I think that is probably due to his sidekick in the movie though.

Road to Guantanamo - 7/10. Michael Winterbottom directed this true story about 3 men that were wrongly incarcerated in Guantanamo at the beginning of the Afghanistan war. I like most of Winterbottom's movies, so I wasn't surprised that I enjoyed this one. It isn't terribly surprising, especially for people who frequent sites like ATS. My only real beef with the movie is the terrible portrayal of the Marines. The uniforms were so far off it wasn't even funny.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Broken Flowers: 8/10

A jaded, lonely middle-aged bachelor gets an unsigned letter from an ex-lover stating that he has a son he doesn't know about. He has had so many affairs in his life that he can't guess which woman the letter is from. He narrows the list down using a few clues and sets out on a road trip in which he meets and interacts with four ex-lovers he hasn't seen in 20 years or more in an attempt to figure out which one might be the mother of his alleged unknown son.

[edit on 3/7/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Finaly saw Avatar some days ago,its amazing.
10/10

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Into the Wild:4/5

Plot:
After graduating from Emory University, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless abandons his possessions, gives his entire $24,000 savings account to charity and hitchhikes to Alaska to live in the wilderness. Along the way, Christopher encounters a series of characters that shape his life.

Some consider him a hero, others an idiot. All I know is when you just take it for what it is, it is a deeply moving movie.

I Am Sam: 5/5

Plot:
A mentally retarded man fights for custody of his 7-year-old daughter, and in the process teaches his cold-hearted lawyer the value of love and family.

Emotionally poignant, heartbreaking and uplifting. Sean Penn and Dakota Fanning are amazing in this.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: 5/5

Plot:
A couple undergo a procedure to erase each other from their memories when their relationship turns sour, but it is only through the process of loss that they discover what they had to begin with.

My favourite film of all time. I've lost count on the number of times I've seen it. It's one of those films I bring out whenever I decide to stay up until the wee hours of the morning.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by Aggie Man

I have heard multiple people say that they wished that they didn't watch it in 3d. Did you find that to be the case?

I think the people were disappointed by the 3D because it wasn't on the same level as Avatar...that is true, but it was still good. I can't think of any reason to not see it in 3D, unless you simply want to save the couple of extra dollars that the IMAX 3D costs.

With that being said, there were still some eye-popping 3D effects.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Just bought 2012 on DVD last night and watched it with my husband.

10/10 for special effects.
5/10 for plot.

I found it VERY predictable and that it followed the Hollywood 'plot formula' to a tiresome precision. It's one of those movies where in the first five minutes you know who will survive to the end and who will not.

Really awe inspiring due to the graphics and I got goosebumps all throughout the movie due to the feelings it invoked. It was just really predictable and had the typical apocalyptic cookie cutter plot.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Just bought 2012 on DVD last night and watched it with my husband.

10/10 for special effects.
5/10 for plot.

I found it VERY predictable and that it followed the Hollywood 'plot formula' to a tiresome precision. It's one of those movies where in the first five minutes you know who will survive to the end and who will not.

Really awe inspiring due to the graphics and I got goosebumps all throughout the movie due to the feelings it invoked. It was just really predictable and had the typical apocalyptic cookie cutter plot.

I agree! I watched it last week. 10/10 on special effects...but the plot...was there a plot? I thought the plot was the special effects

EDIT: to add that I was on the edge of my seat for the entirety of the movie, so the plot never crossed my mind.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Watched Alice in Wonderland a couple of days ago and found it to be fantastic. If you enjoy visually-stunning movies with a quirky storyline, then this is the movie for you.

* mild spoiler alert *

The only thing I absolutely disliked about the movie was the little dance jig The Madhatter did towards the end of the film. More precisely, the music for the dance scene. It was more of a club dance beat as opposed a silly little musical number that would have been more appropriate for the time frame of the story.

Otherwise, it was great!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
A Serious Man

I've not yet seen a movie by the Coens that I haven't liked. Thought this was one of their best.

9/10

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I was made to sit through Saw VI last night, never enjoyed the others and this was no different.
Great gore, and that's about all I have to say for it!

3/10

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

Rec is the much better film IMO, and not just because the lead actress is so much hotter than the one in the American version :p

Monger - just finished watching Rec 2 and its a very good film but rather disturbing.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Is the sequel any good?

It's out in may and I'm quite looking forward to it.
I loved REC.. was one of the most original and scary films I'd seen in a while.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Up in the Air - 9/10

Very well acted movie. It leaves no doubt why George Clooney was nominated for Best Actor in a Leading Role. Vera Farmiga and Anna Kendrick were deserving of their Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role nominations as well.

For anyone who has, or still does, travel a substantial amount, this movie is easy to relate to. The movie also revolves around the failing job market and the harsh realities of corporate downsizing. This film has it's comical moments and, of course, the mushy romantic stuff too. I highly recommend this to anyone.

Guys, earn some brownie points with your woman....and I promise that you will secretly, if not outwardly, enjoy this film as much as she does.

EDIT: I also watched Old Dogs- 5/10

This movie simply lacked the comedic element that was portrayed in the trailers. It's cutesy, but the acting is not too great. I didn't feel like I waste 2 hours of my life, BUT I can't see myself ever watching it again.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Is the sequel any good?

It's out in may and I'm quite looking forward to it.
I loved REC.. was one of the most original and scary films I'd seen in a while.

Blupblup, its bloody brilliant mate - just click on the link above.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Oh cool.... nice one.

Not sure whether to watch it or see it at the cinema.... the first one was amazing on the big screen... really jumpy.

What a dilemma... but a good one

Cheers dude

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join