It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
The Book Of Eli - No explaination as to how the World got to be the way it is in the Films beginning , and the Fact that Every Single Copy Of The Holy Bible except a Brail Version Survived the Holocust ?

I take it you find out, right from the beginning, that the sacred book is a braille bible, cos' you wouldn't want to be posting any spoilers on here would you?

And what's with the grading, what's wrong with marks out of ten?

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Koka]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Koka

Oops !

Leigon - 6
Book Of Eli - 4

Happy Now ?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by valiant
Zombieland 9/10 really enjoyable film!

Zombieland rocks.

Just watched 'Moon' with Sam Rockwell - excellent film!

10/10.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Yeah it's great
I been meaning to see Moon myself! got pointed in it's direction last week in mutter

I just watched....Sherlock Holmes

Seriously, what a film! I loved it and that has to be the best Holmes and Watson i've witnessed, just pure class! I just want more

Oh and rocky road to Dublin......what a song!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Really want to see Moon.

Have been waiting for it to come down in price.
It wasn't playing at a cinema near me when it was out

And "The book of Eli" looked like crap in the trailer i saw.
Not interested in that.. I'll wait until it's on TV

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Just watched Funny People last night, twas ok. different for the actors involved. 7/10

also recently watched:

The Hurt Locker. 9/10 - really enjoyed this, tense and gripping.

Shirlock Holmes. 8/10 - Pleasently suprised, wasn't expecting much but the plot is clever (and right up our alley ATS!) and the actors did a great job.

Avatar 3D - 9/10 - modern re-telling of a classic story, mind blowing effects and truely imaginative and unique world created. Sucks you right in. Many themes relevant to todays world.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Milk

Watched it a couple nights ago. GREAT movie.

10/10.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Truth_Seeker
Milk

Watched it a couple nights ago. GREAT movie.

10/10.

I enjoyed Milk as well. Sean Penn delivered a pretty impressive performance.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
The Martian Child: 6/10

An interesting story. I don't completely regret wasting the time to watch it. My problem with it is that it never really closed all of the loopholes that it opened regarding the boy being from Mars or not.

Basic summary is that it is about a boy that claims to be from Mars being adopted by John Cusack.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sherlock Holmes.
Better than expected, funny and action-packed. Some references to the original stories and the fights were good. Sequels are being written as we speak... 8\10

Mary and Max.
Very odd animated film. If I describe it I might put you off. I found it moving, funny and well-paced. 8\10

Fantastic Mr Fox.
Hmmmmm? Tough call. Some small scenes were crap and unnecessary. At other times, the flow was good enough to forget the quibbles and really enjoy it. For kids 8\10....adults maybe a 7?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Daybreakers - 5/10

Daybreakers
As you can assume from my score, I was disappointed with this one. I wasn't really expecting great things, more hoping to be surprised.

I think that the concept was quite good but the execution was very poor, quite predictable and poorly scripted with a mediocre performance from Willem DaFoe.

Moon - 7.5/10

Moon
Slow moving sci-fi, one of my favourite genres and this one more than satisfied with an excellent performance from Sam Rockwell, and a very impressive first feature by Duncan Jones.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Koka]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The Strangers

The movie was okay.

5.8/10

The Wrong Man

8/10

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Couples Retreat
7/10 - It was pretty funny. Vince Vaughn always makes me laugh.

Hurt Locker
8/10 - I agree, this movie was pretty intense. I liked it a lot.

Whiteout
7.5/10 - I love action movies, and I love Kate Beckinsale. It held my attention pretty well.

All About Steve
8/10 - Sandra Bullock was pretty funny. People say she's ditzy in the movie, but she was actually very intelligent. And gorgeous as always.

10/10 - The message was awesome, the graphics were awesome. All around, this movie rocked!

Sherlock Holmes
9/10 - Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law were perfect in this movie. I definitely recommend it to everyone.

As for kids movies:
Where The Wild Things Are
3/10 - I thought this was horrible. I actually regretted letting my girls watch it. It was awful.

Planet 51
7/10 - My daughters loved this movie. The animation was great. The message wasn't too bad either.

There are more, but I can't remember them all. I spend a lot of free time watching movies, plus I work at Blockbuster, so it's kinda my job. lol

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Avatar- 10/10- Saw this at the IMAX 3D....WOW
James Cameron!!! This was an outstanding movie.

Zombieland- 7.5/10- Rented this last night. I'm not really a zombie movie fan, but rented it anyway. Aside from the typical gore (a lot of it is comical), this was a great movie. It was funny, had me on edge at times and the acting wasn't too bad. This was definitely a nice surprise on a Tuesday filled with junk DVD releases.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Just got done watching Zombieland.
8/10 - It made me laugh a lot. The zombies weren't totally cheesy like I expected them to be. Overall, a great movie!

State of Play
Starring Russell Crowe, Ben Affleck, and Rachel McAdams.
7/10 - Good movie. Especially if you're already conspiracy minded. Some slow scenes. I did fall asleep a couple times, but it was a good movie. I would recommend it.

(Upcoming Movies- The Blind Side, The Lovely Bones, Gamer, 500 Days of Summer)

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

The Box - 6/10

The Box

This was a bit of an oddity, having the feel of an episode of 'The Outer Limits' or 'The Twilight Zone'. The story got more interesting as the film went on but never seemed to take off, it also seemed fragmented and left me wanting more of an explanation.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Koka]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Coraline: 7/10

I enjoy Tim Burton's style. A nice dark fantasy. I am not the biggest fan of the animation involved but all in all it was a pretty enjoyable experience.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
ARN - The Knight Templar

Movie 1 - 10/10

Movie 2 - 10/10

Movie 3 - Haven't seen it yet......

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Watched Edge of Darkness last night. 9/10 Loved it! Mel Gibson is back and better than ever!

The Lovely Bones
8/10 - This movie was very interesting. Mark Wahlberg did a good job. I definitely recommend it.

Gamer
9/10 - I actually thought this movie would suck. It reminded me a lot of Death Race in the previews, but after watching it, it was really good. Gerard Butler does what he does best. Beats some arse! Check it out...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Very much enjoyed this film, beautifully rendered, the moral story was as subtle as a sledgehammer to the nuts and as predictable as gravity, but this is a Hollywood blockbuster so wasn't expecting anything else. Will definitely be adding this one to my BD library just for how pleasurable it is to the eye.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Koka]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join