It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Wow. I was skeptical of this movie but I came away very impressed. This is the first 3D movie that I have seen since Swamp Thing a long time ago. It took a while for my eyes to really adjust to the 3d but once they did, it was a very entertaining experience. Cameron really delivered his vision of Pandora.

Again, the story line wasn't anything new but the package that it was delivered in was superb.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Totally agree mate.

I went with rather low expectations and it blew me away.
I've seen it twice just so i could fully appreciate (and see) all the visuals.

I would have gone more but i would have ended up paying like £50 to see one movie 5 times

Mr.Cameron has made enough i think

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I hear ya. I really want to see it again and I HATE going to the theater.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The Lovely Bones 9/10

V Sad

Beautifully directed by Peter Jackson, Ace Cast

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I just watched the outlaw Josey Wales and I think it might be my all time favorite movie.

Ah the good ole days when you didn't run out of tobaco and bullets no matter how far you go out. And then you get to save the hottest girl within 3000 square miles from a bunch of ravening wolves. What a hero.

I wonder how many people actually lived the kind of hell portrayed in the movie.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Pontypool - 5.5/10

Pontypool
Interesting take on the zombie genre, quite slow with limited action but interesting and amusing.

Ink - 7/10

Ink
Loved this film particularly the title character but wished it had more of a budget, still well worth a watch if you're into films with stories involving parallel dimensions.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Koka]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Up in the air

Really enjoyed this movie by Jason Reitman (Thank you for smoking & Juno)

A very "real" movie and a satire and a romantic comedy... a good mix of a movie.

It's also a harsh reminder of how isolated people are becoming and how society is becoming... how we get so caught up in our work and take for granted the real moments and meaning of life.

8/10

If you like movies like lost in translation, you'll like this.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Watched Pandorum last night. Very good sci fi/horror mix. Great story, has a very claustrophobic feel to it. Randy Dennis Quaid and some other people you probably won't recognize.

Definitely worth a watch if you're into the genre.

8/10.

[Edit to correct Quaid brother]

[edit on 1/25/2010 by yeahright]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Just saw this last night and I would agree... Left me feeling both sad and hopeful, very strange combination.

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
The Lovely Bones 9/10

V Sad

Beautifully directed by Peter Jackson, Ace Cast

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Watched "The Road",........wasn't impressed at all..

Was kinda hoping for a lot more..:shk:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Did you read the book? I thought it was decent, but I was also hoping for a lot more.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Koka

I thought Ink was pretty good too. Again, I wish it had a bigger budget but it was a good effort given their resources.

I would give it a 7/10

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
50 dead men walking
7 out of 10 because it was very hard to keep up. It was also hard to understand all the time because of such thick accents. But good.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Watched Pandorum last night. Very good sci fi/horror mix. Great story, has a very claustrophobic feel to it. Randy Dennis Quaid and some other people you probably won't recognize.

Definitely worth a watch if you're into the genre.

8/10.

[Edit to correct Quaid brother]

[edit on 1/25/2010 by yeahright]

I just came to post about this film myself!

Agree with you! worth a watch, and I enjoyed it alot more than I thought I would!

8/10

also watched....

Zombieland 9/10 really enjoyable film!

Year one 2/10 bored the pants off me!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I didn't read the book, but I never really got to the point of caring for the 2 main characters. For some reason I just couldn't care less what happened to them.

Now I have just watched Legion and compared to The Road, Legion sucked even more so. Maybe it's the advertising that makes me think that these movies will be better but Legion to me was very disjointed, and I really didn't care about anyone in this movie. The fact that they all accepted what was going on so readily really spoiled it for me.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

You should read the book. I believe that McCarthy won the Pulitzer for it.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The Fall - 9/10

The Fall
This film, to me, was absolutely breathtaking on many levels, watched on BD the cinematography was outstanding.

The interaction between Roy (Lee Pace) and Alexandria (Catinca Untaru) was a joy to watch and a testament to both the actors and the director (Tarsem Singh), Catinca Untaru was nominated for a Saturn Award in the "Best performance for a young actor" category.

It was a travesty that this film was overlooked by the likes of the Golden Globes and Oscars.

A must watch film.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Koka]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Sherlock Holmes

Went to the show on Sunday to see it. Thought it was really good.

9/10

Bon Cop, Bad Cop

The movie is hilarious.

8/10

Notes on a Scandal

8/10

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li

Eh....I like the video game related movies, but this one gets 5/10.

Should of been more precise with the story line..
Good characters thought.
Probably preludes more sequels.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I just recently saw these 3 Films , and here are my ' Grades' for each ...

Leigon - D
The Book Of Eli - C-

Comments ...

Avatar - A Visually stunning Film with a overly Fast Story Line , and very predictable ending .

Leigon - Hard to make sense of this Film and what it was trying to say . Angels Love to use Weapons and Kill Humans , along with a Baby that survives a 120 MPH Car Crash ?

The Book Of Eli - No explaination as to how the World got to be the way it is in the Films beginning , and the Fact that Every Single Copy Of The Holy Bible except a Brail Version Survived the Holocust ?

Only one I did enjoy a bit was Avatar......:shk:

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join