It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Observe and Report: Staring Seth Rogen and Anna Faris.
What a bizarre movie. I really liked it but can't guarantee it's for everyone.
Full frontal male nudity. Lol

I give 9/10.

Rogens character is far from anything i've seen him play before.
It's been called a comedic version of Taxi Driver.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
District 9

Liked it was kinda mockumentary without being funny. Good style, I really enjoyed it though Ill have to post later a bit I ddint understand when more peeps have seen it so as to not spoil it.
8/10 minus 1 point for offenisive moustache sported by the lead actor throughout.

V for Vendetta.
Loved it, like it was set in the UK not the US, a well made and cast movie. Though Hugos Weavings matrix 'Mr anderson' voice came out from the mask a few times

7/10 plus one zazz point for Natalie Portmans shaved head which made her features stunning

[edit on 21-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The Last House on the Left: 7/10 Decent film for it's genre and if this darker type of film that doesn't really scare you in the moment but has you peaking out the window or checking in a closet before you head to bed, it won't disappoint. Liked it, didn't love it. Worth the watch though.

Spoiler Alert....

At the end of the film I thought he should have kept him alive. With him being paralyzed, leaving him live like that would have been a great ending. The microwave was somewhat different and I guess a way for him to go. But the few seconds of pain that he endured is nothing to the months and months and years of suffering he would have endured in that barn with nothing to stimulate any of the senses that remained. I thought we were on tap for a great ending to a good movie, but ultimately we finished with a predictable ending to a good movie.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Shorts (2009)

I just watched "Shorts" with my sister. I give it a 8/10 for a kids movie, pretty creative explaining how technology might take over our lives. Not a lot of hidden adult humor, which I like to see in those kind of movies. Nevertheless, it was good, considering there were only 4 people in the theater.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by EmperorZeno]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Adventureland, not a bad show. Much better than a typical rites of passage teen movie. Set in the late 80s. Was smoking weed and drinking vodka while driving legal?!
The two main guys were good and Kelsey Ford's likely to be a success...she can act...no dramatics. IMDB has it at 7.5 out of 10. Yeah, 7 out of 10. Made me want to dig out some Lou Reed...Satellite of Love. Cool

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
hmmm yesterday I saw The Unborn
I give it a .5 of 10, I think.but for me the story was way to short

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locke23
hmmm yesterday I saw The Unborn
I give it a .5 of 10, I think.but for me the story was way to short

So you give this movie .5 out of 10, you gave it half of 1 point, it can't be a very good movie then...
lol

So i'm not completely off topic, I give Inglorius Basterds 9-10.
Great Tarantino movie, in great Tarantino style with great Tarantino lines.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Madagascar. XD

It was cute.

But that was more for my kid.

I watched the Secret Life of Bees. I loved the book. I love the movie. Queen Latifah never dissappoints as usual. She was awesome.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Just curios, 15 a ticket or 15 total?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
District 9.

Pretty good movie.
Not as i expected but highly original, which is very refreshing, and a constantly "moving" story keeps you engaged.

Liked the style it was shot in, although i didn't really like Cloverfield too much?

But yeah.... good movie.

7/10

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Watched the The Hurt Locker. Excellent movie, I'll venture 9 out of 10. There's a lot to be said for 'no stars' movies. At times, I could imagine Russell Crowe wishing he'd played the Will character. He'd have looked for the 'emotional core' and spoiled a great war movie with his tormented BS.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Saw "the Gamer" Friday. I go to the movies and watch a lot of movies. The Gamer is in the top 10 most awful movies I have ever seen. Essentially Gladiator meets the Matrix in a cheap strip mall arcade. Mere words can not describe how bad it is. Save the $8

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Watched Gran Torino. Came recommended and didn't disappoint...classic movie. Good guys should always come out on top. Clint Eastwood still outmanning and out-acting A-list heroes a quarter of his age. If Chuck Norris has a poster on the wall...it's Clint. #ing ace

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hi there, i just saw a Film from last year entitled 'breathing room' was quite a good film actually... no star names in it but doesn't have to be... here is a link to it if anyone wants to watch it www.watchfreemoviezonline.co.cc...

A group of people are put together in a room and once there they can't escape... if they try to escape or break the rules they die.... pretty soon they all start dying anyway... it becomes a kill or be killed scenario but it's well acted....

Gotta give this one 9/10

[edit on 14-9-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I just saw another great Film 'Knowing' excellent stuff... the kind of Film i can really get into and relate to with my feelings...

Gotta give this one a 10/10

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Harry potter and the half blood prince

10/10

I just loved it, i could have easily sat another two hours watching if it were longer, deffinately one of my favourite potter films so far and i drool whenever i see evanna lynch(luna lovegood) roll on the blu ray

Watchmen

again 10/10

this was just amazing from start to finish i was not expecting much but wow do i love this movie(as i do the the graphic novel).

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
whiteout: great movie keeps you guessing till the end. it's a murder mystery that takes place in antartica.

9/10

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have seen three movies in the last week

DCistrict 9~~ I will say a 8. It wasnt what I thought it was gonna be about which is why I liked it so much. I even felt bad for the aliens in the movie.

Gamer~ I will say a 9. It is another movie I thought would be different. i thought it was all about video games but it was more which is what made me really enjoy it, plus Gerard Butler....mmmmm how could you not?!

Jennifers Body~ well I didnt hate it. I will give it a 6.5 It was a typical teen slasher flick. I liked the way they talked in it for some reason, mostly Megan Fox's character. It was cheesy in parts of overall IMO not that bad.

Movies I have watched on the movie channels

Lars and the Real Girl~ This was a really good movie about unconditional love on a large scale basis. I highly recommend it. I gave this an 8 as well.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by valiant
Watchmen

again 10/10

this was just amazing from start to finish i was not expecting much but wow do i love this movie(as i do the the graphic novel).

I agree.... so many people slated this film and critics didn't like it either.

I think it is amazing and very deep and complex.

An excellent "comic book hero" (or anti-hero) movie... Probably the best.

I would say 9 or 10 out of 10 too.

[edit on 23/9/09 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The Informant

www.belowtopsecret.com...

The more I think about this film, the more I like it and the more I appreciate Matt Damon as an actor. His character in this movie was goofy and he played it very well.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join