It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
That storyline reminds me of a similar 80's movie (though not drugs) that had John Ritter in it...can't remember the title though...

Ahh..here it is..."Hero at Large"

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Just been to see "LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT"---we all thought it was really good. Very very realistic and it sure has the shock factor

rating= 8/10
also saw "DRAG ME TO HELL"----what a load of tosh that was

Was it a comedy?? Was it a horror?? You tell me guys cos it was'nt scary and it sure was'nt funny.
I mean what was with the talking goat---I'm pretty trippy n stuff but I think a 5 yr old would enjoy that scene

rating= 2/10
"TAKING OF PELHAM 123" looks interesting though ??

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
"La Regina degli Scacchi"-(The Queen of Chess) - not sure of the translation.

Anyway, I think it's a great italian movie- 9/10

And we also saw "Miss Potter"- 8/10

[edit on 21/6/09 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yes the "Hangover" was very funny. When it comes out in DVD, I might even buy it.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Revenge of the fallen:
9.5-10
If you don't get the whole comic book back story about the elders do some research before you go so you won't be sitting there going I don't get this...
SUPER FX!!!!!!!!Story a little blotched.. Bay could have been a little less injected of placing stereo type personality into the transformers..
Can't wait to see the next this opend up so much more than meets the eye aspect of the movie.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

"TAKING OF PELHAM 123" looks interesting though ??

Pelham 123 is a great movie. It's the kind of movie that's so rare nowadays. Capers, heists, twists, suspense etc The Oceans 11/12 films tried to emulate these classics and nearly succeeded. Full of character actors that don't look like they've graduated from a teenage girl's bedroom posters. The soundtrack is way cool too. I can't even see the words Pelham 123 without hearing the Beastie Boys classic 'Sabotage.'

Last film I saw was Pixar's 'Up.' What a great animation...sentimental, emotional and moving. It reminded me of a short animation called 'Father and Daughter' for a number of reasons, it's likely somebody involved in the production had seen it too...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
A Bronx Tale: a great film with DeNiro actually in a supporting role. I really liked this film. The two actors they had to portray the kid were excellent. Chazz Palminteri was also really good in this film. Believable but not cheesy as I feel he is in a movie like Poolhall Junkies. A film worth watching. 8.7/10

Revolutionary Road: it was decent. This is basically a case of not meeting my expectations. I thought Leo was great in it but overall I think the movie came up short for me due to the writing. Some of the character flaws were never attempted to be explained or any explanation for why they made some of the choices they did. Not everything needs to be explained, but I felt in this one there were some huge holes. I'll give it a 5/10. I don't recommend it.

One Week: A Canadian film with Joshua Jackson. I really liked it. More of a good story than an amazing film, but a story worth watching. Jackson is good in the film and it is a wonderful portrayal of Canada. 7.5/10.

Twilight: a lot of buzz surrounding this film and the pending sequel. We picked it up last week to watch in the evening and I'd have to say I actually liked it. With all the hype surrounding it, I was put off by it a little bit. But having watched the film, it was good. I'll likely watch the sequel. 8.9/10

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
S. Darko is what I have just watched.
I didn't find it as good as Donnie Darko but it's just as bizarre, it's very similar in places too. It was quite a good film but I don't see the point in it being made, Donnie Darko has it all.

Anyone else seen this???

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
We watched "Up" the other day. Surprisingly good movie. Good for the kids and adults as well. It is probably the best pixar movie that I have seen.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I really liked "Public Enemies"

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Just finished watching Pan's Labyrinth for, ohhh... the 256th time since its DVD release.

What would I rate it? How could I? There is not a measuring scale high enough, or worthy enough, to do this. To do so would be an injustice!

Seriously, I don't want to mention anything of the movie in case someone hasn't seen it yet.

[edit from this point on]

Last in-theater movie I went to was Punisher: War Zone. Best comic book portrayal of Castle yet!

[edit on 2009/7/21 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Transformers: Revenge of the fallen.

I give a 9/10, it was on par if not slightly better than the first I think. It had the action, it had some real humourus parts, it had the conspiricy ideas and it had a good story.

I really enjoyed it.

I recommend it to all, maybe not the younger children.

So much Transformery goodness
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Crank2: High Voltage

8/10 It was just a real fun, hardcore action romp.
If you liked Crank you'll love High Voltage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Dead Like Me, Life After Death.

7/10, I really liked the series.
BUT they got rid of the best actress to Play Daisy (Laura Harris) and replaced her with someone that just didn't fit.
And Rube is not in it, (One of my fav Characters from the series).

Still quite good for fans of the series.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Chukkles]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I just watched "Transformers 2" and I give it a 8! I loved it! I know some didnt but I really liked the first one and couldnt wait to see the second one.

I also watched "The Proposal" the same day and that is one of my new favorite romantic comedies. I give it a 10!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I just saw "Bruno"

It had it's moments but buy and large pretty much just over the top adolescent humor. The rank and file here at BTS should love it.

Cohen was great.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Just finished watching Watchmen; I didn't see it in the theater because I knew I'd be buying it right away anyway.

How would I rate it? Ehh, I really don't know. I've read the graphic novel lord knows how many times, and I've purchased it for each of my friends to read. I love the book.

But the movie?

The scenery and photography were great. There were a few excellent scenes, and the portrayal of Rorschach was outstanding. But, well... there were a lot of alterations which made little or no sense. Example: in the movie, the boy asking his mother "Mommy, the man in the spaceship, is that Jesus?" instead of the comic books "Mom, is that an angel?" (when viewing Specter) doesn't really justify the "just like the book" speech that everyone gives it. Likewise, why is Dan talking to Viedt in the beginning, instead of Rorschach? It's the little changes like that which made me groan, and the movie was full of them!

What about the major change? Won't say, in case no one has seen or heard of it yet. I can somewhat see this, as it made for the whole story-telling that more shorter, versus the novel's, which probably would have added another hour easily.

The scenes. For the most part, it seemed as something was missing. The scenes just seemed jammed together, there was no pacing. Again, I know that to include everything would have made for a lengthier movie, but I'm not talking about that. Something just seemed amiss.

Is it a good movie? I really don't know. I want it to be. I've been wanting this since the very first Rolling Stones write-up a couple decades ago... yes, I've been waiting that long. Maybe I want this to be such a great movie that I am ignoring some things, or perhaps I've read the novel so many times that the 'wrong' parts of the film stick out like a sore thumb.

Or maybe, just maybe, us true novel die hards are right, that Watchmen was possibly not meant to be made into a movie.

Anyways, I'm off to buy the V for Vendetta graphic novel now. Loved the film, but never read. I can't wait to see all what I have been missing.

ALL HAIL ALAN MOORE!

[edit here: the way I described the movie to my friends is this: it's like playing with Lincoln Logs when you could use an Erector Set; it's still fun, but it lacks the details.]

[edit on 2009/7/23 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Haven't watched any movies in a few weeks. But the last movies I saw were:

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - I'll give it a 9/10.

Gran Torino - and a 8.5/10 for this one.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I just watched "17 Again" and it was really good imo. I never cared for Zac Effron until this movie. It was a cute feel good movie. I personally liked his best friend Ned. Ned is my hero
I rate this a 10! I know a 10 is high but I cant think of one thing that was bad in it!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The Black Cat (1934) with Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi. Boris Karloff was billed as just Karloff in this rather weird horror tale concerning devil worship and strange goings on in a futuristic looking house. These old movies couldn't use blood and guts like the ones nowadays, so they had to rely on atmosphere for their chills.

Karloff is probably the first ever to use the New Wave look in his role as Hjalmar Poelzig, the sworn enemy of Lugosi's Dr Vitus Werdegast (who is terrified of black cats). The devil worship angle is Hollywood's version and isn't very scary. But the servants all look like they were taken from the grave or lunatic asylums. Not too much is explained about who the girls in the dungeon are, but this is one strange movie to begin with. Not the usual monster pic, it deals with the evil inside people.

It is a fun movie to watch, and reminds one of the horror classics Universal released in that era. 9/10

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This Is England (2006).

This Is England is a semi-autobiographical film by director Shane Meadows, set in 1983.
I love this film and watch it fairly often. Typically of Meadows' films, there's a great mix of humour and dark, gritty drama, set against a backdrop of working-class Britain. The film tells the story of a young lad, who has lost his father in the Faulklands War, who is befriended by a bunch of benign skinheads, who take him under their wing.
Its really well done, and I love the 80's nostalgia too. The way the film switches tone with the arrival of a face from the past, almost on a sixpence, enhances its impact and makes it one of the decade's best films for me. 9/10

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Watched Sunshine thanks to the recomendation of a fellow member

Enjoyed it
Thought it quite different et predicatable...hmm go figure

Soundtrack is good.
Zazz gives 7/10

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join