It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being queer is a sexual disorder

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

thx for those links.. i like to stay completely informed
so i can digg thru the clouded up reasoning of the gay hate groups disguised like foucus on the family

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I like the language you use... Queer?
It shows how biased and narrow-minded you really are.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by viperdave

Right on viperdave! Your post is inspiring, and I hope everything works out. I am glad you have found happiness. I too am appreciative of the large amount of opponents to such an ignorant and intolerant issue. We need more people to stand up to this homophobic crap! Be safe.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
No matter how much you disagree with scientific-results, scriptures, or a simple opinion, insulting a person for sharing an article will never be accepted as a way to prove you're better than that person. Your insults are not evidence or truth about the subject of this thread. You can't be correct just by disagreeing with someone, who opposes your lifestyle.

If you're a heathen: you're not going to believe there's anything wrong with homosexuality, and you've convinced yourself that you know everything that needs to be known about life in general. In other words: You think you're perfectly right.

If you follow the teachings of the prophets, who wrote scriptures (not false-doctrine ordained by governments), you've been convinced that homosexuality is an abomination. In other words: You don't think you're perfectly right, but you think the creator is perfect.

Only a foolish creature would claim to know whether or not homosexuality is normal. If you aren't all-knowing about life, you have no clue what makes someone behave the way they do.

It's obvious that most people in this world know homosexuality is not normal. It's considered an insult to call a stranger a fåg, flåmer, queer, and other things related to homosexuals. If you love homosexuality, you love what most of society has been taught to hate & mock.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by News And History]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
reply to post by Acidtastic

As you are sole set on the norm..being gay is ok..your born gay...with no proof absolutely..you can be born gay.Its natural ect..

But because you seems to only want to to tackle subject's with blatant.
disrespect other than scientific reasoning...it's illogical to argue with ya over the matter.
www.narth.com...

Recent studies show homosexuals have a substantially greater risk of suffering from a psychiatric problems than do heterosexuals. We see higher rates of suicide, depression, bulimia, antisocial personality disorder, and substance abuse. This paper highlights some new and significant considerations that reflect on the question of those mental illnesses and on their possible sources.

www.msnbc.msn.com...
Pentagon memo: Homosexuality a disorder Document outlines discharge policies; department says it's under review

WASHINGTON - A Pentagon document classifies homosexuality as a mental disorder, decades after mental health experts abandoned that position.

Even the pentagon said it's a mental disorder in 2006.
So idk.

Alot more scientific data leans towards it's some kind of mental disorder.

this is due to the outright psycological warfare that is placed on people of the gay community.. down to the point its almost promoted to kill them.. and you wonder why we have an increase in these areas? all i can say is (DUH, ya think?) not too mention the pentigon used material from the 50's-60's-and early 70's to make that statement.. most if not all of it was proven to be false

[edit on 31-3-2009 by scorand]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by News And History

i think u need to study the bible and its history more.. there has been so much manipulating in it, from misunderstanding and mistranslation( some of it deliberate) to out and out blatant changeing words to make passages fit their idealolgy. to belileve that the creator is perfect is one thing. but the church and most of its followers think this makes them perfect and they will falsify and distort and flat out lie to keep themselves or their leaders in controll and in power.. and the o.p's artical shows that this propaganda and manipulation is still alive and well..

and let me guess.. do these people still believe that the earth is flat and that the sun revolves arounf the earth?

[edit on 31-3-2009 by scorand]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I think i replied in the wrong thread... (i did, oops... too many windows open)

Long night (i deleted it) i didn't even wanna reply to this one...

[edit on 3/31/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

which post is baseless

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I think there's no finer oppertunity to post this old chestnut.

Tell us what we need to know about homosexuality, not a joke you reserved for a serious discussion.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations...?

I don't know. Do you care about ancient laws & obedience to the creator mentioned in scriptures?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

I don't know. Are you a slave-master, who also follows Torah? What do you know about scriptures, besides what false-scribes have written & mistranslated in copies of the "King James Version bible" & books like it?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell?...

I don't know how you would tell, but I'm certain you're smart enough to find a way to solve that problem. I would simply ask & investigate the women.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is, my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

If you follow Torah, why would you care what heathens thought about your sacrifice? They don't hold your destiny in their hands. They're not the source of your life or provider of blessings.

5. I have neighbors who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

If you followed the commandments in scriptures, you wouldn't murder anyone. According to scriptures, you're not any type of authority over someone's life (and neither are the hypocrites, who act as law-enforcers).

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality...Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

According to scriptures, you'd have to know the creator & obey him in order to even understand what an abomination is. So it doesn't matter what someone tells you about scriptures, if you're a heathen or non-believer of solid truth & ancient writings of prophets.

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight...Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

According to scriptures, god is a false-idol; also known as baal-god (lord of fortune).

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples...this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

Without a doubt.

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

If you truly follow the prophets, you'd know the answers to your questions.

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev.24:10-16). Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I don't know. If you don't really care about scriptures, why do you ask about them?

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Apparently, you studied the words of false-scribes.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I don't see what the big deal is...?

I mean, if you aren't gay, being around people who are gay won't make you gay. It's not contageous, it isn't a virus. It's who someone is and what they prefer.

As far as I'm concerned, the only people who throw their arms up and rant about homosexuality are those who themselves are scared and confused about their own sexuality.

If person X is gay and you are not... then, so what??

Sigh, I really don't see what the problem is and why being gay is such an issue for some groups of people.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Smack

That video proves nothing beside the fact that whoever wrote the script for that scene is a heathen and doesn't wish to believe anything besides what Martin Sheen spewed in that scene. It's a TV program, not the set-apart words of the creator.

reply to post by scorand

No, take your own advice. I can't be bothered with your fantasies about the "bible" (whichever book that is).

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by News And History
No matter how much you disagree with scientific-results, scriptures, or a simple opinion, insulting a person for sharing an article will never be accepted as a way to prove you're better than that person. Your insults are not evidence or truth about the subject of this thread. You can't be correct just by disagreeing with someone, who opposes your lifestyle.

If you're a heathen: you're not going to believe there's anything wrong with homosexuality, and you've convinced yourself that you know everything that needs to be known about life in general. In other words: You think you're perfectly right.

If you follow the teachings of the prophets, who wrote scriptures (not false-doctrine ordained by governments), you've been convinced that homosexuality is an abomination. In other words: You don't think you're perfectly right, but you think the creator is perfect.

Only a foolish creature would claim to know whether or not homosexuality is normal. If you aren't all-knowing about life, you have no clue what makes someone behave the way they do.

It's obvious that most people in this world know homosexuality is not normal. It's considered an insult to call a stranger a fåg, flåmer, queer, and other things related to homosexuals. If you love homosexuality, you love what most of society has been taught to hate & mock.

All of the above is extremely hypocritical.

You are stating that others cannot possibly know the truth, and yet you then go on to state that you, as a religious person, know the truth better than others.

This is again exactly what is wrong with every organized religion. It's so arrogant and extreme as to be totally insane.

You state that others are wrong and that your belief is right; which is exactly what you are criticizing others for doing.
And no, it's not clear that most think homosexuality is not normal, not by a long shot. If this is the case, please show me the evidence for your claim.

To recap; your post is hypocritical, religiously bigoted, and quite obviously flawed.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I didn't study anything, the bible is a big fat comic book in my eyes. Nothing more and nothing less. It's written by man, and that's the ONLY fact abouyt the bible. I used those widley distributed and quite amusing snippets, as they highlight just how much people pick and chose bits to suit their own personal beliefs, instead of following word for word, ever single word, which is what a good little god botherer is supposed to do. Doing ANYTHING other than that, makes said person a hypocrite when they're trying to argue that it says such and such is bad, cos it says so in the bible. Unless, of course, they stick to ever single one of gods unchanging words. Which is what they always proclaim so loudly.

it's funny to see them squirm.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
www.newswithviews.com...

being queer is a sexual disorder

"No conclusive evidence has ever been found for any physiological basis for being sexually deviant; i.e. NOT straight. No "gay" gene has ever been found and most probably there won't be"

If you really are seriously concerned about this genetic component see my thread No Gene for Alcoholism. If you are able to digest this laymans statements of scientific blundering. You will find that scientists already have the data you seek. They just don't know it. Maybe they do know they have it but are affraid to publish it for fear of public backlash. Another reason might be that they don't want to solve anything, they just want to keep sucking up your tax dollar. I can back this up with 20 years of research of the NIH"s publications alone.
You will be able to find some peace in know that you just can't change City Hall but you can try.
Good luck

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by scorand

I didn't even mean to reply to this specific thread.

I just had it open, thought it was the same window that was open.

My B, let me re-read this again and see if it was worth time to reply.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

And apparently, you follow hypocritical religion as a hobby and select what you will pay attention to and what you will not.

The fact is, you have shown in your response to this very well thought-out post, that you cannot explain or respond adequately.

They've called you out on your beliefs, aspects of it that are extremely relevant for a person purportedly so devout as to cast judgment on others, and yet you cannot respond to these aspects of your religion.

If you want to quote religious text as some sort of "evidence" to justify bigotry and hatred, you have to have an adequate response to all of it, not just the passages that work in your favor.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

I didn't study anything, the bible is a big fat comic book in my eyes.

Since you don't know scriptures, why do you bother asking or even mocking the prophets, who wrote them?

You can't prove that ancient scriptures are wrong. Stop reading bibles ordained by governments (the so-called holy books written by the scribes, who worked for infamous folks, such as king James).

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by News And History

I didn't study anything, the bible is a big fat comic book in my eyes.

Since you don't know scriptures, why do you bother asking or even mocking the prophets, who wrote them?

You can't prove that ancient scriptures are wrong. Stop reading bibles ordained by governments (the so-called holy books written by the scribes, who worked for infamous folks, such as king James).
just as you can't prove that they're right. So don'tr quote no BS fairy tale at me, and tell me i'm some kind of abomination. Because it makes you look pathetic

The bible is 100% irrelevant to my life. Sure, it's got a few nice stories in with some nice morals. Love thy neighbour ect. But then there's the bits hate filled people use to justify their own prejudices. And that's ALL the likes of you do. If you do not follow every single word of the bible, then you are a hypocrite. Especially if you;re using the bible to back up your own prejudices. Which is what you are doing right now.

Wriggle much?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by scorand

No, take your own advice. I can't be bothered with your fantasies about the "bible" (whichever book that is).
.. \
now theres a typical hypocritical comment. and by the way i do like to read the bible. ( whichever book that is) and you seem to be the one whos having the fantasy.. as you circumvent the facts and skirt the issue

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

i hear ya.. i've done that a few times too...lol

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join