It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being queer is a sexual disorder

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
From the website in the OP:

NewsWithViews.com is NOT affiliated with any religious organizations or groups. We believe in God and our Lord Jesus Christ the Savior of mankind.
but they are not affiliated with any religion ...

How can anyone believe such crap. With so many homosexual in the clergy, I find this laughable. Being homosexual is not a disorder, being a religious fanatic and trying to impose your views upon others is a disorder.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i am only trying to make it known simple and without flame's.
And bringing chromosomes into it..which has nothing to do with a mental disorder BTW...

Noun * S: (n) dysfunction, disfunction ((medicine) any disturbance in the functioning of an organ or body part or a disturbance in the functioning of a social group) "erectile dysfunction"; "sexual relationship dysfunction"

Let's look at the above LEGAL definition .
disturbance in the functioning of a social group....Man thinks man is sexy..Woman think's Woman is sexy.
That is a Disturbance in the social group.

Other says.. Sexual Relationship Dysfunction.
Mental Disorder
en.wikipedia.org...

A mental disorder or mental illness is a psychological or behavioral pattern that occurs in an individual and is thought to cause distress or disability that is not expected as part of normal development or culture.

members.rediff.com...
Symptoms Of Psychosexual Disorders

Patient unable to experience sexual arousal in normal conditions with adult members of the opposite sex.....Homosexuality
Patient able to experience sexual arousal in abnormal conditions not natural to the sexual urges of healthy humans. Same link as above.
Patient may frequently be in denial of need for treatment. This is a classic symptom. I am normal for loving the opposite sex..DENIAL...First step..
Patient may have persecution complex, believing that treatment is persecution for his difference. Nothing is wrong with me i was born gay..Gay basher's are out to get me...See my point.
Patient may be easily offended by descriptions or questions regarding his condition or activities. Sum's it up look at this thread..that's a sample of the denial.now imagine trying to explain this disorder to a homosexual in person....
Patient may have little or no contact with family members.

Falls back on the Symptom Patient may have persecution complex, believing that treatment is persecution for his difference. and Patient may frequently be in denial of need for treatment. This is a classic symptom. Thus alienating themself's in a way from there family and friends that do not agree with there Choice AKA disorder.

The last disorder sum's up Homosexuality down to a TEE.

More Leans toward Homosexuality is not a choice but a disorder... with a real name called.Psychosexual Disorders

So unless you can prove to me and the world with science your Born gay.And homosexuality is not a Mental disorder as i have proved.

It is and shall ever be a mental disorder.. called Psychosexual Disorders
at least by 99% of all psychiatric book's.

Don't flame me lol You get my point...

Just stating fact's.

BTW i do not hate homosexual's .
I feel for them because society embrace's there disorder. to be the NORM.
And basically cut's them off from getting help for there disorder.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Okay .. I'll put this delicately ..

The title says 'being queer ... ' and then the article talks about homosexuals. Those are two different things. Being a homosexual is attraction to the same sex. But queering is attraction to both men and women .. and the person doing the queering will dress as a man one day and a woman the next ... and sometimes wear faux-sexual organs that are strapped on .... etc etc.

Queering and being a homosexual are two different things - last I saw.
Quee ring+ Psychology Search Results

Flyer,

You're a smart person. I'm going to take your word for it, but I need a little bit of evidence...

can you provide me a link from that search where I can read up on it, as I have yet to find one four pages into the results... I may not be looking in the right places but the only results I'm getting are Psychology classes specializing in GLBTIQ issues the Q being for Queer and not Queering...

Thanks for your help!

Coven

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Usually I get angry at threads like this, but lately they just disappoint me. How silly it is to degrade another human being based on sexual orientation. It's just like saying you hate someone for their skin color. And don't use the bible as an excuse, because it was used to degrade people of color too. That doesn't make it right! I'm gay, but I believe in Jesus and I only want to be with one person in a committed relationship. I'd even be Republican if they were more accepting. All I have to say is that I hope that Jesus blesses you with the tolerance he showed everyone that asked for his guidance.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Okay .. I'll put this delicately ..

The title says 'being queer ... ' and then the article talks about homosexuals. Those are two different things. Being a homosexual is attraction to the same sex. But queering is attraction to both men and women .. and the person doing the queering will dress as a man one day and a woman the next ... and sometimes wear faux-sexual organs that are strapped on .... etc etc.

Queering and being a homosexual are two different things - last I saw.
Quee ring+ Psychology Search Results

Flyer,

You're a smart person. I'm going to take your word for it, but I need a little bit of evidence...

can you provide me a link from that search where I can read up on it, as I have yet to find one four pages into the results... I may not be looking in the right places but the only results I'm getting are Psychology classes specializing in GLBTIQ issues the Q being for Queer and not Queering...

Thanks for your help!

Coven

I described what "Queer" was, and it has very little, if anything, to do with crossdressing or Bisexuality.

Quote from Wikipedia:" Its usage is considered controversial and underwent substantial changes over the course of the 20th Century with some LGBT people re-claiming the term as a means of self-empowerment. The term is still considered by some to be offensive and derisive, and by others as a re-appropriated term used to describe a sexual orientation and/or gender identity or gender expression that does not conform to heteronormative society."

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

It seems to me that with an agenda, one can "describe" a "disorder" that covers any behavior one dislikes.

But there are plenty of psychologists and psychiatrists that do not see homosexuality as a "disorder."

In fact, there is strong evidence that homosexuality is used in nature to control populations - there is a species of gull that goes homosexual when populations reach a certain level.

Given the sometimes extremely crowded conditions of our inner cities, I might expect to see an increase of homosexuality in our species.

As to the OP...

I find it amusing that the article blames lesbians for the HIV issues in hetrosexuals - given that lesbians have the lowest likelihood of spreading the disease. Penetration is more conducive than a lack of penetration.

Sounds like the author of the article has a thing or two to grasp about reality.

[edit on 3/30/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Wow, that's some really bigotted ignorant stuff.

To the OP, thanks for presenting it in a non "I agree 100% with this nonsense" way. It's nice to see were still putting up propaganda and stupidty just for the sole purpose of laughing at it.

Because, if were not just laughing at it, if people are really taking that article seriously, you are the ones with the disorder

I can't wait for people to realize that they have no right to tell any of us how to live our lives, or who to love. They are perfectly entitled to their opinion, however these people should not have the right to make decisions solely based on those biased, ignorant hate filled idealogies.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
Ats is suppose to deny ignorance ..right?

But have you Debunked or even attempted to prove the theory wrong?
Show us proof gay's are born gay.
Show us proof it isn't deviant disorder.

Because there isn't a theory to debunk. Carefully read the article. Yes, it's not an easy read because the author jumps from one random point to another, but push through... Now look at the title again. It says "Being queer is a sexual disorder". Now think back at the article. Did the author once indicate why he feels homosexuality is a disorder? Did the author give a single fact to support his theory, like say "A recent study found that... which would suggest that homosexuality may be a disorder." The author does no such thing. He states "homosexuality is a disorder" and we should simply accept his word for it - as a fact?

To disprove his "theory" all I have to do is take his article and add "not" into each of his sweeping misconceived statements.

There is a finer metaphor for “pretzel logic” than the issue of “gay rights”. The contemporary addiction to “gay” liberation is not even comparable to dangerous or mind-altering than being addicted to heroine[sic]. It would be to compare apples with horses.

And so on. If Mr Usher had something remotely similar to a theory, then there would be something to debate. But alas there is not, and I stand by my statement. He is a blithering idiot. Try and proof that theory wrong.

Originally posted by reject
They say it is nature. Observed in animals. Animals have been observed mounting another of the same gender. That is a given. But this is to establish dominance not as a consummation of sexuality. Anyway, I'd like to see video of same sex (untrained) animals in the wild giving each other [SNIP]...

I saw the word before the mods removed it. Fellatio. I am yet to see a female animal give a male animal the same "satisfaction"... Wouldn't that make both fellatio and cunnilingus (between heterosexual partners) unnatural as well, i.e. a "sexual disorder"?

And while we're comparing apples with bananas, why don't you point us in the direction of (mainly) heterosexual bestiality and mention how that is a "sexual disorder"? Perhaps then we can all agree on something?

Let's say it together. Deny ignorance.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I don't see anything in your legal definition that indicates that homosexuality is a sexual relationship dysfunction. I think you just want to believe that is the case. As for it being a disturbance in social patterns, it simply is not....it's a perfectly normal, but less common part of any society. If all homosexuals disappeared from this generation, for whatever reason, there would still be around 10% of the next generation born gay, simply because that's the way it works. Homosexuals don't make more homosexuals....heterosexuals do. I don't know a single gay man or lesbian with even one gay parent. We are all the product of straight relationships.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Uhm. Are you a time-traveller? You must be, because the last time Homosexuality was classified as a mental disorder was in 1973. I think any psychiatrist can take any random person off the street and diagnose him with some sort of mental illness or at least a dysfunction. Psychology is NOT an absolute science. If it was then they wouldn't add and remove mental disorders as the politics change.

Can I proof that a person is born homosexual via science? No. Can you proof that they're not?

The matter of the fact is that most - if not all homosexual people will tell you that their sexual orientation is NOT A CHOICE. Whom should I believe? The bigots that go on hear-say, or the actual people with the actual feelings? That’s right. Don't talk about them as if they're not in the room.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

Must not be good pages,
The Q in that acronym is for "Questioning," not "Queer."

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

They introduced female penguins into the picture and the males refused to mate with them. So clearly it's not about just "mounting"

Also look here: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

JFK University Queer Psychology Focus Page

Now I may be incorrect on the Anagram, However I believe this is a course study focused on LGBT Students who want to 'take-back' the word queer, as young African American's did in the 90's to the n word.

but this was the second link on the search for
Queering + Psychology...

However I have yet to find a definition of Queering that matches what Flyer had stated earlier.

I'm really just looking for some information here... Not trying to ruffle any feathers.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaspode

Uhm. Are you a time-traveller? You must be, because the last time Homosexuality was classified as a mental disorder was in 1973. I think any psychiatrist can take any random person off the street and diagnose him with some sort of mental illness or at least a dysfunction. Psychology is NOT an absolute science. If it was then they wouldn't add and remove mental disorders as the politics change.

Can I proof that a person is born homosexual via science? No. Can you proof that they're not?

The matter of the fact is that most - if not all homosexual people will tell you that their sexual orientation is NOT A CHOICE. Whom should I believe? The bigots that go on hear-say, or the actual people with the actual feelings? That’s right. Don't talk about them as if they're not in the room.

Of course it isn't a Choice...We do not have a choice in what mental disorder's we get dealt with in life.

To be Gay all your life would...
A have to be born that way.
I have never in human history seen a baby cry and fit when dressed in cloth's fashioned for there Gender.

Or cry's becouse it want's to wear a dress...

It has not happen in the history of man kind.
Becouse it happens later in life..it's called a disorder...

Remember denial is the first step folk's.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I'm not sure that sexuality has anything to do with the clothes we wear...well, sometimes it might, but we're not talking about that here. I'm almost at the point where I'm going to ignore the rest of this thread for being so ridiculous, and it's hard to discuss or debate with a person who has such blatantly bigoted views. I would strongly suggest that you do some more research into human sexuality, and see beyond the propaganda you assume is truth. At the very least, it will make your argument more interesting and cohesive, which isn't a bad thing.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by caitlinfae]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

Remember denial is the first step folk's.

I'm having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say... Babies? Crying? Cross-dressing? Say what?! It would seem that you're under the impression that homosexuals are cross-dressers?

"Denial" is the first step of what?

Let's play that game anyway:

Gaspode: "TheAmused, you are an apple."
TheAmused: "I am not an apple!"
Gaspode: "Aha! Denial! A clear indication that you have a mental disorder!"
TheAmused: "I do not have a mental disorder!"
Gaspode: "Oh boy. You have it bad..."

See psychology games are easily won. Perhaps you should reply to the content of me previous response to you, because your latest reply doesn't make any sense.

Mod Edit: Fixed tags.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Normally I would rant about the OP's ignorance on a thread like this, but I think Mr. Roger's sums it up rather well.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I am sure your ignorant though patterns keep you quite Amused. However when dealing with people of your nature who refuse to even contemplate the educated, well spoken advice and facts of others, I think Towlie said it best.

You're A Towel!

~Keeper & Towlie

[edit on 3/30/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Patient unable to experience sexual arousal in normal conditions with adult members of the opposite sex....
Patient able to experience sexual arousal in abnormal conditions not natural to the sexual urges of healthy humans.
Patient may frequently be in denial of need for treatment. This is a classic symptom.
Patient may have persecution complex, believing that treatment is persecution for his difference.
Patient may be easily offended by descriptions or questions regarding his condition or activities....
Patient may have little or no contact with family members.

Patient may be easily offended by descriptions or questions regarding his condition or activities....

How can you not see it...That's right denial lol

Everything it say's the Disorder user will do..Has been prooven in this thread.
So i think personally and Scientifically with out Fear of losing political standing..it's a disorder.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Male River Dolphins have been known to insert their penis into the blow-hole, on the top of a friend's head

[edit on 30-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join