It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being queer is a sexual disorder

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
If only you tried to understand my OP. I merely posted an article. Then I posed a couple questions.

The response I got was quite amusing...and telling: maniacal vitriol against religious beliefs especially; when nowhere in the OP was religion even slightly implied...

Where is the love?

So I make another inquiry: Do the truly insane people know they are crazy to begin with?

Perhaps you should rather ask "Do fools know when they're playing right into someone's hand?"

What exactly have you contributed to either this thread or to ATS by posting this thread? NOTHING.

247 replies. 2 of them yours. 1 the opening post, and the other one to laugh at people contributing to the thread. You used one of the oldest tricks in the book. Start a thread on homosexuality where you make a ridiculous/controversial statement (whether you actually believe the garbage isn't even important...), then you sit back and watch the points role in. You didn't even bother to defend your case anywhere in the thread. You didn't even bother to respond to those that answered the questions you asked in the OP.

Nowhere did you or the person that wrote the rubbish article give any form of "evidence" or "proof" that "Being queer is a sexual disorder"...

Bad form.
Actually they should take all your points for wasting our time.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I actually agree that homosexuality is a sexual disorder, no im not calling gay people bad, I have friends who are gay, and they cant help they way they feel.

Pedophilia is also a sexual disorder, they cant help the way they feel either.

One thing they both have in common is that there is a VERY low success rate in rehabilitation, and alot of them do commit suicide due to the fact it is seen as wrong.

Honestly anyone who hurts little kids is doing something really wrong, but the matter of the fact is most of them cant help it. Its basically a mental illness.

Alot of Pedo's have even resorted to self castration at home with a knife, cutting off their own testicles scared of what they will do.

So should we actually be persecuting these people or helping them? So far the psychological impacts or causes are a combination of early childhood experiences, absent fathers and I dont mean to upset anyone here, but the catholic religion (please check your local news headlines regarding pedophiles in the church).

A combination of series of events like this can be mind altering for any young mind. Especially if abuse was involved.

Now I have even put this into proof, I have a friend who is gay, his mother is gay, he is catholic, and he has an absent father.

he is a perfect example, and he knows it as well, and understands it is not his fault, but his parents.

The old idea of "my child is gay and I havent been a bad parent'' is completely wrong.

If you dont spend time with your kids at a young age, and you bible bash them, they are going to have seriously bad flippin issues!

now if upset anyone on here, im sorry, I dont hate gay people, but I am sitting in a postion where you want to find out why. Its not genetic, its not the old female brain trick, its the parents.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

actually being attracted to the same sex is part of the natural order.. the stance against it is propegated by religous zealots hyporcates and homophobes based on highly speculitive and highly debatable docterines and idealology, i say it is natural based on the fact that nature has many checks and balances to keep everything in order. otherwise life on this planet would have died out hundreds of millenia ago..most of the naysayers refuse to believe that we humans as a speices have done more damage to this planet and based on querelous and highly questionable reasoning..

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by XIZTENZ

you and your friend have a lot to learn about homosexuality then..

and what does abusing children have to do with to grown adults wanting to be with each other..

sounds like sombody has been spewing the anita bryant ignorance to you guys a lot and your kinda believeing it..

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I'm inventing a pill to re-orientate queer sexual inclination to straight. If all's well, should be on the market by next winter.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
sexual disorders cannot be treated by any medication or therapy,

this has been proven

gay people arent bad people, alot of them are ashamed of themselves and they shouldnt be its not their fault.

since the mod deleted my whole post I want to point out I DONT HATE GAY PEOPLE...

can the mod please step in here to stop people slagging all over my post which is not insensitve but actually logical.

If you dont agree I suggest you come up with something that makes more sense, currently this is the only thing which makes sense.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by XIZTENZ]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by XIZTENZ

you compared molesters with gays. and thats a bs comparison.

talk about mushrooms in the wrong casirole..

[edit on 1-4-2009 by scorand]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by XIZTENZ

the shame comes in from all the negitive feedback and pressure to fit into a certain mindset..

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by XIZTENZ

One of the few logical posts on here.

Another common trait associated with homosexuals is confusion beyond sexual orientation so there's not much that's going to get done here. We might get some people thinking, but really it's a hugfest for homos.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by socrates271
reply to post by XIZTENZ

One of the few logical posts on here.

Another common trait associated with homosexuals is confusion beyond sexual orientation so there's not much that's going to get done here. We might get some people thinking, but really it's a hugfest for homos.

I thank you for your post, and pointing out this topic will become a hugfest and not a scientific debate.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by socrates271

again i say that these traits are not brought about by the orientaion but but the negative feedback from sociaty. which is obvious to most phycologists
what evedence do you propose says that the orentation is the cause??

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by XIZTENZ

i replyed to your statement with sound logic.. what scientific bases did you use.. please try not to use opinon as scientific fact..
this also applies to you socrates..

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
.....if you dont do the research yourself and talk to the people who are gay, instead of attacking me I am sure that you will find some information.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
i didnt attack you.. and for your info i have done the research. and i happen to be gay.. and as far as attacking anyone my post didnt get deleted.. .. and what kind of research did you use .. the op's artical author?? and those of his ilk??

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
No I have watched this on documentaries

for some reason the mod is deleting my posts making me look like I hate gay people, I dont.

and if the mod does not stop doing this I am going to report him

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Please report your issue(s) using the Complaint feature in the memcenter.

When replying to this thread keep your replies within the range of the topic (i.e. stay on topic), and do not attack your fellow members.

You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

Any further off-topic posts or insults will also be deleted.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by XIZTENZ

i never said that you hated gays, i just stated what i have seen and experieanced first hand and i have read up on the documentation.. the only documetraries i have seen to promote that idea have usually been tied to anti-gay groups.. to dehumanize gays and make them feel shamefull so they can push their ex-gay programs. that are considered to be more harmfull and damaging to the self esteem and phycological health of the individuals involved..

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
david duchovny, recognized he had a problem, sex addiction, sought help. I think a substantial number of celebrities admitted to being addicted tp drugs, alcohol, fame, shopping, gambling, etc. They recognized they had a problem then sought help.

then there are those who sought help for their compulsion to shoplift when they had all the money in the world.

They were seen as brave for owning up to their dysfunction.

Why is it that pointing out that "not being straight is a disorder, a dysfunction (a form of dysmorphia), a compulsion" is HATE SPEECH?

I would rather a child, who may have a predisposition to dysfunctional behavior, read something or be exposed to the truth that being so is NOT normal early on than succumb to whatever form his predisposition may take.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join