It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being queer is a sexual disorder

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

That is so true - I think a lot of religious fundamentalists are totally into guilt about all their stuff - so they blame gay men.

Gay men are a creation of the Lord and I toast them - I have had many as friends, some of whom have died...

I salute you, Carlos/Carlotta, my darling friend, - your dancing and singing was unsurpassed.

I salute you, David, my dearest friend, a gifted artist.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
We're wandering a bit far from the actual topic "homosexuality is a sexual disorder". Religious scriptures are not relevant here.

Please FOCUS ON TOPIC.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I hope you are not referring to me?

my post was about gay men.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Gemwolf

I hope you are not referring to me?

my post was about gay men.

I'm pretty sure you're in the clear, you didn't quote any scripture

I presume Gemwolf is rightly addressing the people who are badying around random quotes from the bible

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

No. I was referring to the direction the discussion was taking on page 9.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
(Hopefully continuing along the thread topic and get discussions back to point...)

I'm always fascinated by these studies on 'the Gay gene' or how homo/heterosexuality is arrived at by an individual. Is it learned, is it inherited, is it genetic, etc.

Mainly because I don't see what they will gain from it. If they determine that being gay is a genetic issue, do they assume that once recognised, they can 'correct it' ? Prevent it? If it's learned then do they isolate people/kids from anything that could lead to it? Madness.

I think a good deal of fear comes from parents with children who worry their kids will become gay from being exposed to 'gay culture' or individuals who talk about same sex interests. And perhaps these studies are meant to illustrate the fallacy in such beliefs.

But who knows. What if being gay was a natural evolutionary option -- and I say option not step. What if because after so many thousands and thousands of years of successful mating and breeding and genetic pool mixing, our species isn't in a worrying state that we need to populate the planety, so an evolutionary change has occured in sexual preferences? But then, having said that, I don't think homosexuality is a relatively 'new' thing. Maybe just more exposed in society due to evolving beliefs and acceptance of others.

I'm just rambling, that's not a theory or anything, just making conversation.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Homosexuality was way back there with the Greeks in the ancient world, and it is here today.

If God created us, he also created homosexuality.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

Homosexuality was way back there with the Greeks in the ancient world, and it is here today.

If God created us, he also created homosexuality.

And G-D greated us ALL equal (apparently) those who follow such teachings, would do good to bear that in mind IMO.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Oh, definitely. That's what I was getting at. My last statement about it being in evolution was just a 'What if' ramble - absolutely nothing behind it but merely conjecture

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This is all wrong. Alien grays genetically manipulated humans. So you see it's not really a sexual disorder but a genetic manipulation. This is not good news since most abductees cannot recall their experiences.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Being gay is a choice, not a disorder. There are many so called religious people who are deliberatel cruel and ignorant of anything, including drugs, sex and other religions or non religions. For some people, it is not a choice. They are born with there perceptual distances switched, and derive more affection from the same sex than from the opposite. On top of that, we have an over populated society, so its almost desirable that people not procreate as much.

Those of you who hate gays, should hate yourselves because they are your brothers and sisters, just like a heroin addict, although its easier to abuse someone when you equate them to something less isn't it?

Stop using bad tautology in the hopes of spreading fascisms. If you dont like gays, dont look at them, dont talk to them. But they are human just like you, which means..."Oh my GOD" YOU the non gay have the potential to be no matter what, that makes you the same, no matter what...

so deal with your ignorance.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
We're wandering a bit far from the actual topic "homosexuality is a sexual disorder". Religious scriptures are not relevant here.

Please FOCUS ON TOPIC.

Actually, I'd like to point out that the actual title of the thread is "Being queer is a sexual disorder". I wonder why as a mod you glossed over the negative derogatory title?

Edit: Never mind Gemwolf, SO explained why the title is what it is.

[edit on 3/31/2009 by Griff]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Me thinks David R. Usher doth protest too much!

What was he doing at this "gay sex parties" any way?!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
"Being queer is a sexual disorder"

No...
Being homophobic is a mental disorder.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Men are NOT more sexual than women. However, in our society, it is ingrained in "good girls" that they don't put out to just anyone and often the mantra is "wait for the ring".

When it comes to gay men, the reason the bathroom is the prefered locale for encountering a sex partner is because you are guaranteed a form of "song and dance" that is understood to make sure you two know you are mutually into the same thing....it's something that, except in certain areas of the world, you couldn't do in public (in some places because of stigma, in others because of laws against it and even the death penalty [including death by sodomy]).

It is a SEVERE double-standard to push a group of people underground for their own survival and then demonize them for always lurking and sneaking around when it comes to sex.

Also, since open relationships and marriage are frowned upon and in most places illegal, there is no encouragement for being monogamous. It's hard enough as a gay person to find someone else with your same preference, and then narrow down the field to someone with similar interests who you are compatible with, etc. (as is done in "straight circles").

This depressing lifestyle of hiding your real intentions all the time and never being able to easily find your other half drives many people in the gay community into addiction to meet their needs. It could be sexual addiction or drugs or alcohol.

The truth is that sexual desire exists in most humans and pulses strongly, and when you don't have an outlet and feel it needs to be secretive all the time - then, YES - I would argue that is the "sexual dysfunction" the OP's article speaks of.

Final thought: Consider this scenario - you are a straight man at a cafe and you see a girl who's hot and reading a book you are into or over hear her talking about something that you really like (a band, a vacation destination, politics, culture, a sports team, whatever), so, you approach her and strike up a conversation with the intention of getting to know her better and potentially to see if you can meet each other specifically again (like on a date).

Now, as a gay man, if you are in that same cafe and see a guy who not only seems physically pleasing and has something in common as far as interests go...try approaching him!!!!! In our society, that would be a major no-no. As soon as it's obvious that you are interested in him, it can lead to a socially-awkward, if not dangerous situation. Many straight men are conditioned to take it incredibly personally when they are approached in this manner and can become far more violent than the average disagreeably social encounter calls for.

When was the last time you saw a man become aggressively confrontational when a member of the opposite sex approached him out of a specific interest in him???? Doesn't happen. Major double-standard, also, because in our society, the woman need not become violent with the man (unless he doesn't disregard her lack of interest and becomes pushy) just because he showed an interest in her.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Topic title Revision requested- Being gay is a matter of energy

Indeed that is what i beleive, and im going to tell you what i mean.

The male and feminine aspects are a prevailent concept in biology because they have two distinct properties to them. Masculinity is penetrativeness, agressiveness, assertion.. It's easy to accept this as fact. The Male energy and its accompanying characteristics are that of penetration, lets not giggle about the sexual example.

The femine is receptive, passive, allowing. The female energy seeks to balance itself through allowing or recieving. this is again a very obvious example in the sex department.

So to continue and add info, we also look at how the right side of the mind is creative and is known as the yin or feminine aspect, and the left is the masculine yang of logic.

So now that i have stated where the information of my opinions come from, im going to demonstrate how homosexuality is compiled or determined from the balance of these energies...

My honost belief is that a persons sexual preference is based completely off of what they identify with, how they think, and what they take interest in (aside from whatever biological date they contain). A common point is that before a man might suspect that he is homosexual, he will begin to identify with the more passive nature of things such as fashion and strong interst in self appearence, similar to the way a female does, and actually youll notice that homosexuals dont just have sex with the same sex. In a way, they begin to emmulate the opposite sex and its ways. (lesbians are guy-like, gays are girly)

But not to drag on my point, something that people must realize is that everyting about our personality is really determined on what goes on in our head. (our lack thereoff in some cases) Homosexuality also must definately draw some of its orientation from a balance of testosterone and estrogen. I work with a lesbian women whos ring finger is honostly almost longer than her middle finger, an elongated ring finger is a sign of high levels of testosterone exposure in the womb.

To sum up all points-

Being gay is not a DISORDER it is an ORIENTATION. Your sexual preference is a result of the universe trying to balance itself through what aspects of life you identify with most. Someone who is a man is not necessarily masculine, and a Female is not necessarily feminine. Realize that sexual orientation is NOT the only thing that comes along with the territory.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Dang... this stuff again?

This is a simple concept to grasp really.
The only people that insist sexuality is a choice are the people that cannot accept their own sexuality.
So in their minds, choosing to NOT have sex with people of the same gender means they are NOT gay.

So the next time somebody tries to feed you this nonsense just ask them when they "decided" to be straight and if they could possibly "decide" to be gay and would they enjoy gay sex as much as they enjoy straight sex.

And if they start injecting religion into it, just tune them out. It proves they're not capable of rational thought, and they're too afraid to live their life without the safety net of a magical cloud being.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Homosexual men have more sex than heterosexual men because they are having sex with other men. Men have heavy sexual drives. If women had the same drive as men, everyone would be having as much sex as homosexual men. And if my sexuality is a disorder, then this is one disorder I have embraced and one i wish for no cure.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'll keep this short and sweet, no pun intended.

Sexual acts feel great, why wouldn't they?

The most sensitive parts on a humans body are their sexual organs, (penis and vagina) when these are stimulated with pressure and warmth/electricity the mind enters into an altered state because of this surge of electrical activity. Massages are great examples. Man has sex with female for one purpose, reproduction. Other than that man can get his stimulation wherever he pleases.

Why are there so many gay people now? Think about it for a moment, the answer is obvious if you look at population density to homosexual ratios. As well as how sexually repressive we are as a society. Wanna know why women as well as men are unsatisfied? On average neither are putting enough energy into their relationships because of so many other factors exhausting our bodies daily like work, school, poor diet, sleep, and drugs.

Want to have a satisfying relationship?

Want to feel and look great?

Then just relax and observe. The Universe is within your grasp.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join