It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Menactra being recommended for children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I saw an ad on television for Menactra meningococcal vaccine.

After goolging this because of peculiar side effect disclosures, here's what I found.

At this link

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has created guidelines for parents to know what vaccines they – and their children – should receive. The following are the CDC meningococcal vaccination recommendations:

Children 11 through 18 years of age should get one dose of the meningococcal vaccine.2
The best time to immunize a child with the meningococcal vaccine is when they are 11 or 12 years of age.2
Children who didn’t receive the meningococcal vaccine at 11 or 12 years of age should get it as soon as possible.2
College freshmen living in dormitories should get the meningococcal vaccination.2
The CDC also recommends the meningococcal vaccination for children 2 through 10 years of age who have a damaged spleen or have had their spleen removed, and those with an immune system disorder

The CDC recommends that children with the following conditions should not get the meningococcal vaccine or should wait: those who have had a life-threatening allergic reaction to a previous dose; those with a life-threatening allergy to any vaccine ingredient; those who are moderately or severely ill when the meningococcal immunization is scheduled; those who have had Guillain-Barré syndrome.2 If your child has any of the above conditions, it is important that you talk to your doctor.

So recommendation is age 2 through college freshmen. except as indicated above.

But here,

Menactra vaccine is given to persons 2 through 55 years of age for active immunization against invasive meningococcal disease caused by N meningitidis serogroups A, C, Y, and W-135. Menactra vaccine will not stimulate protection against infection caused by N meningitidis other than serogroups A, C, Y, and W-135.

Safety Information
Side effects to Menactra vaccine include injection site pain, redness, and swelling; headache or fatigue. Other side effects may occur. Vaccination should be avoided by persons with known hypersensitivity (severe allergic reaction) to any ingredient of the vaccine, including latex (which is used in the vial stopper), or by any persons previously diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome. There is a potential for an increased chance of getting Guillain-Barré syndrome following vaccination. Vaccination with Menactra vaccine may not protect all individuals.

given to persons 2 through 55 years of age
and
should be avoided by persons with known hypersensitivity (severe allergic reaction) to any ingredient of the vaccine, including latex...
and
There is a potential for an increased chance of getting Guillain-Barré syndrome following vaccination.
and
Vaccination with Menactra vaccine may not protect all individuals.

yet here

Menactra vaccine is indicated for active immunization against invasive meningococcal disease caused by N meningitidis serogroups A, C, Y, and W-135 in persons 11 through 55 years of age.
Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) has been reported in temporal relationship following administration of Menactra vaccine.

So we have
ages 11 through college freshmen,
ages 2 - 55
ages 11 - 55

and
the last link above has an adolescent immunization schedule .pdf link

The schedule shows that ages 7 - 10 and 13 - 18 are high risk groups,
while ages 11 - 12 are recommended ages.

They recommend 11 -12 but give it to 2 - 55? and don't take if you are allergic to latex?

How do you know if you are allergic to latex? Has anyone here ingested latex to determine if you are allergic?

Who would want to inject latex into us, out elders and our children?
Evidently USA and Canada for sure.

I'm so tired of these advertisments that want us to take drugs that can kill, cause irreversable negative effects, disease and organ failure
but
are "good for us" and they all ask that we inquire about the advertised drug with our doctors.

My daughter got her final HPV's three weeks ago.
The next day, she had what looked like a cold sore around a nostril.
The following morning, it looked worse and she complained of pain on the roof of her mouth and in her nasal area. It looked unlike a cold sore and we went to emergency.

She had contracted MRSA and the doctor was very concerned about the infection reaching her brain. After cleaning, antibiotics, high dose antibiotic cream, we were told to return the next day.
We arrived at ER the following day and she was taken immediately.
The infection already looked much better and the doctor removed a lot of puss from her nasal with a long cotton swab and was glad to see the infection was improved.

After another week of oral and topical antibiotics, the infection was gone,
but the second week after the HPV immunization, one week after MRSA was contracted and treated,
my daughter got ill and had a temperature of 104 degrees.

She was out of school for two weeks, (had to bring assignments and have her study at home).
The fever was between 102 and 104 for three days, 101 the fourth and finally normal on the fifth day.

She also had a flu shot last fall as did my woman (my woman's oncologist insisted because of chemo she couldn't get the flu)

Both of them got flu-like symptoms within days of the shots.

I have obstained from these contraversial inoculations, and I have not had any flu or cold, even being around those who did constantly.

Is it psychosomatic? or dumb luck? or something else more sinister?

Can someone explain to me the benefit of these immuniazations and inoculations?

Convince me why I should inject myself with these concoctions and drugs with deadly side effects.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I think you already know your answer. I am glad your daughter is better but avoid the shots and hospitals. They are full of sick people....

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
She was probably already a host within the nasal cavities for the staph infection. The vaccinations, especially if done by inhalation, could have thrown the balance of good/bad bacteria and that gave the staph infection the chance it needed. Look into using tea tree oil for nasal passages.

I googled "tea tree oil nasal spray" and it pulled up several nasal sprays. You could figure out the solutions and create your own for much less.

my 2 cents worth..

I had a staph infection a while back and I started taking oregano oil pill form (gives me the burps though - hate oregano... blehhh) and using tea tree oil solution on the actual sores. It works quicker than any antibiotic without the seriously icky side effects. I usually get the side effects as I seem to be hyper sensitive. Once you have staph infection, there is a good chance you will get it again. This can be highly contagious by touch or sneeze ( in her case) and all in family could be at risk. Not trying to scare, just inform.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It doesn't say you are injected with latex. Latex is used in the syringe. If you are allergic to latex you do not have to injest it, you mearly have to TOUCH it to have a reaction.

I don't have anything else to say on the subject. We stay away from vaccine's in our home, but I did want to clear the latex part up.

new topics

top topics

join